1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Swans V Liverpool Match Thread

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Dilligaf, Sep 11, 2013.

1. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Agree swim, Laudrup for me all the way!.......................<cheers>

2. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Fromthestands here. Just very mutch like to say a big well done to the swans on the draw againts liverpool there's no way you should be were you are in the league your way better than that.anyway keep momentum going and keep the faith.

3. The Lone Rangel

The Lone Rangel Active Member

Does Dai genuinely believe that Liverpool bossed any part of that game? What a weirdo.

First half was fairly even (Shelvey errors aside) second half was all Swans. Dyer was unlucky to be hooked as he was making inroads into their defence, but the calm on the ball and simple retention skills of the still woefully underrated De Guzman got us a foothold in the second half that we never relinquished.

Overall we were the better side and probably should have won.

4. Jack Uzi

Jack Uzi Active Member

http://youtu.be/AFzBzGrMoCc?t=4m

Looks like a foul and a dive to me. He's going over before Williams sticks his foot out for the second time.

Hope he's Ok. Great player.

5. Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan New Member

I can honestly say that I am shaking my head in disbelief at some of the comments made on here. If anyone believes that Liverpool deserved anything from the game or dominated then they were watching a different game to me. Pundits I expect it from because people like Carragher are deluded but not from any Swans fan. Who the hell gave Sturridge MOM???? Apart from the gift he was given he did nothing.

6. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

A performance of real character from Swansea. the sort of result which can help kick start your season as you have had a real bad draw in terms of your early fixtures but there are signs the team is coming to life.

Brave decision from Laudrup to keep Shelvey on as a weaker manager would have subbed him.

Overall you should be pleased and unlucky not to snatch the win,

7. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

I heard Sturridge got MOM and I was flabbergasted. He didn't get a sniff apart from the gifted goal which he anticipated well. Take any one from Michu, Davies, Williams and now you're talking.

As for the game Liverpool looked very impressive early in the game. Not many teams get 60% possession at the Liberty but they did and moved the ball around well. However, defensively I thought we were pretty solid. Davies had a rocky start but hugely improved as the game went on. Williams was immense. Won't mention Shelvey as there's another thread on him.

Second half - what a difference. We bossed it completely, almost from beginning to end. Thoroughly deserved the goal and probably deserved to win the game when you take into account the fact that we scored two excellent goals and theirs were gifted.

Conclusions? We're on course to equal or even better our league position last year and Liverpool are probably not as good as some of their more rose-tinted fans would have you believe. Man U, Man City, Spurs, Arsenal. None of those teams would have allowed themselves to have been bossed like that. Top 6 at best for me, which will please some of their fans I suppose.

8. swanselona

swanselona Well-Known Member

Dyer was piss poor last night, his movement off the ball was absolutely shocking, he never tracked back to help Rangel, even the one time I actually remember, he didn't even try to get a tackle in, Rangel was having problems with Moses in the corner, Dyer strolls in, 2 yards away and basically stops dead....wtf, get stuck in and help Rangel, instead Moses wiggled his way out and Dyer still just basically stood there, he had an absolute mare, many times we were looking for someone to pass it too, and many times I was thinking, where the **** is Dyer, that's where he should be right now, instead you see Rangel busting a gut, and then Dyer strolling along, and was rightfully taken off at half time, he was just not doing enough. Yes he had 1 or 2 moments, but in a 45 minute half, when you look at the impact Routs had over Dyer, then Dyer was definitely our weak link. It was a really lacklustre performance from him.

Once Dyer went off, we had 10 players who wanted the ball, who wanted to get stuck in. And that made a whole load of difference.

I am not JDG's biggest fan, he clearly has the talent, but he doesn't always use it, but he was fantastic last night, the problem is when he plays as if he doesn't have to do any running, any pressing, and running back, that's when De Guzman is not the player he should be, but a lazy player. Granted thats when he is playing the DM role, and maybe its not what he likes. But credit too him for last nights display, he was playing an attacking role, and he played i very well. I hope that continue's as I don't like him playing the DM role.

9. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

JDG isn't "woefully underrated" at all. Nobody has said he's not talented he's just woefully inconsistent.

Despite his decent performance last night he still gets muscled off the ball far to easily imo.

10. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

I've noticed JDG seems to do better when he comes on late in the game as a sub rather that starting.

11. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

Chico was solid as a rock and I felt sturidge looked nervous in second half when ever he came near him.

12. swanselona

swanselona Well-Known Member

Wouldn't you too :p

13. Jack Uzi

Jack Uzi Active Member

Like many games last season. Pity Everton didn't come in for him.

14. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

A defender with the ball looking to lay the ball off to his midfield "winger" and guess what, he was behind him static , not once but on a few occasions and summed up Dyers contribution last night

15. Jack Uzi

Jack Uzi Active Member

A couple of fantastic late interventions.

One incredible overhead interception to deny Moses(or Sturridge) a clear run on goal and the tackle on Aspas in the last move of the game.

Wonder why Chharachhhher never picked up on these in his analysis.

16. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

Because he's a one -eyed -scouser:afro:

17. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

Yes I am! I agree with the Coutinho sentiment BTW, but there's not a side on the planet that wouldn't be improved by having Suarez back.

First TV match that I've watched and enjoyed this season, I was really impressed with Swansea 2nd half. I also thought Liverpool were superb at times first half, very promising signs for them even if Sakho looked well dodgy.

18. Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan New Member

Yes this

19. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Many thanks for that FTS! All the best this season in the Championship, will be looking out for you....................<cheers>

20. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

In all fairness to Dai lads, I too thought we were poor first half with our ball retention, and they had us chasing shadows during that 15-20minute period ect
    However second half we stepped up our game and implemented our tactics much better in the second half and battered them all over the park.

A special mention must go to JDG, who I thought was outstanding when he came on last night, and as for Pozuelo, we MUST find a place in the team for him, as this kid is something special in my eyes.

The only negative for me was Nathan Dyer yet again. Time to get rid of him as he was bloody awful last night and didn't offer a single thing.