1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Swans V Liverpool Match Thread

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Dilligaf, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Dilligaf

Dilligaf New Member

Monday 16th September 8.00pm Liberty Stadium

Where to start with this one ? Well I don't have any team news because both clubs told me to piss off when I phoned but if you don't know the players by know then you have serious problems.

We will be the ones in white and they will be in red (thanks to PGF for finding that out for me)

I have found out a few interesting facts about Liverpool so I will share them with you......

In the very early reign of Liverpool FC, the team used to wear a blue and white kit almost identical to that worn by Everton. It was only by 1894 that Liverpool was to choose the colour of red. This move has now been copied by Cardiff City except that they are 118 years behind Liverpool.

The original capacity of the Anfield stadium was 20,000 with an average of 100 spectators in the first few games, something else that Cardiif City copied but for much longer.

The Merseyside Derby is one of a few local derbies that does not sepearate fans or enforce fan segregation. This cannot be copied by Cardiff City due to the ensuing riot that would take place because people like Norway and Swim can't behave themselves <whistle>

Liverpool FC was one of the first clubs to be televised in colour transmission. They also played the first match to be screened on the BBC program 'Match of the day' in 1964. Posters like Phil, Ivor and Dai remember it well.

You'll Never Walk Alone" is a show tune from the 1945 Rodgers and Hammerstein musical Carousel. In the second act of the musical, Nettie Fowler, the cousin of the female protagonist Julie Jordan, sings "You'll Never Walk Alone" to comfort and encourage Julie when her husband, Billy Bigelow, the male lead, kills himself to avoid capture during a failed robbery. This explains why this song is so popular with Liverpool fans <whistle>

Also Liverpool fans are quite easy to spot, they look like this. If you hear them saying calm down they are actually from Liverpool too. If not they might be called Dai (sorry couldn't resist).

image.jpg

Finally I'm sure we all remember the fallout from the Swimgate scandal last year and the open warfare that broke out between us and their fans. I'm just going to take this chance to ask our posters to let our mods get on with it and deal with any problems we might get from visiting posters. The big difference this season is that both supermods are regular visitors to this board. Minxy is always chatting our posters up at the Coed and Brb is doing extremely rubbish on the prediction thread. Any nonsense and they'll see it for themselves so let them get on with it.

No predictions from me coz I'm crap at them but I can't see any hoofball being played, should be a good game

2. Blitz

Blitz Member

Which ones Dai? ;);)

In going for a 2-0 win with Bony and Michu scoring. They can't rely on Sturridge for ever and he might not be fit and Dracula is suspended.

Ps, thanks for letting me know we'll be in white :rolleyes:

3. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

Didn't realise Rogers was there in 1945 Dill <laugh> Lets hope the humour continues <ok>

Oh yes, the match. 1-1 with Bony breaking the net from eight yards.

4. Dilligaf

Dilligaf New Member

He's the one in the bottom left corner wearing the scarf <whistle>

5. Dilligaf

Dilligaf New Member

I'm told Hammerstein was a left back at the time :laugh:

6. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

I will hold you responsible if I have to start deleting posts etc.!!!

Oh 2-1 Swans win for me. :emoticon-0148-yes:

7. Dilligaf

Dilligaf New Member

Well it's either that or you get people like Swim, Phil, Norway and me telling them to fcuk off. About time you did something, that Valley is a much better mod :laugh:

8. Blitz

Blitz Member

Valley is a great mod, much better than the others, Dilli told me and much better than that Liverpool mod Ze who caused all that trouble last season.

9. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

this is a game we should be winning and it would be nice to see an assured win.

if we approach the game with no fear we should win comfortably but liverpool are a good side no doubt, 1st goal is vital here I think.

oh yes and nice effort dilli <cheers>

10. Dilligaf

Dilligaf New Member

Oh yes, the game is on Sky too, tight bastards like Phil will just stream it for free though.

I'm doing some more research on Liverpool so I hope to add some facts as I'm going along. I decided not to include the one about not washing in case it offended them :laugh:

11. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

You're making me blush guys ;)

12. Blitz

Blitz Member

Absolutely ! Spot on nothing to fear here, Liverpool are a work in progress and a good way behind the Champions league teams

13. neveroffsidereff

Oh I will miss the first half as well!!!! :emoticon-0183-swear Bloody football training, so inconsiderate.

14. Norway-jack

Norway-jack Well-Known Member

Dilli- You've been building this thread up for days now and to be honest its a massive let down !...<laugh>

15. Dilligaf

Dilligaf New Member

Come on look at the competition :laugh:

Are you going to ban Ze if he shows up? You better had to stop Swim going mental

16. neveroffsidereff

I agree with Norway!!! :emoticon-0100-smile

17. Dilligaf

Dilligaf New Member

Bloody cheek :laugh:

To tell the truth a mate of mine who's a massive Man Utd fan told me that Liverpool fans are outraged by everything and ashamed of nothing and to be choosy what to put up. That's why I avoided Heysel. He told me a naughty song about them, do you want me to put it up here ?

18. Norway-jack

Norway-jack Well-Known Member

....<laugh>

Yeah, any chance of this thread being removed ??

Its fallen way short of the required standard, I thought it was made clear a while ago that any match thread over one sentence was a big NO !!

19. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

If we improve our tachnical play with players in their proper positions then we have a chance of winning. liverpool will have to be off colour though or the best we can hope for is a draw. If laudrup don't do his homework and plays like we did in our first three games then its the banker of the day for punters wanting an away win....

20. Dilligaf

Dilligaf New Member

Right, just for you. It's your fault if it all goes tits up

You are a scouser,
    An ugly scouser,
    You're only happy, on giro day.
    When your dad's out stealing,
    Your mum's drug-dealing,
    But please don't take.. my hubcaps... away