1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Swans Comercial Dept.

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by DragonPhilljack, May 18, 2017.

1. swans-m

swans-m Well-Known Member

I remember Martinez saying in our first season of the championship that if we sell out more often than not then the club will expand the stadium. Ah to be so naive, it was a simpler time.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  2. Newportswan

Newportswan Well-Known Member

Adidas have to take the returns and non sales so they will want 60% markup the club will have a royalty deal in place. No club in their right minds is going into the clothing supply industry. I would estimate £15 to £20 per shirt at the top end.

3. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

4. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

5. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

6. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

I've bought for my boy every Swans replica kit and training gear for the past 5 years and I'd say that the Joma kit isn't an inferior product in comparison. The problem in manufacturing is to keep quality control in mass produced products.

Joms will know that we are most probably the biggest club that represents its brand and will put all efforts into producing the highest quality they can produce.

The name may not be as big as adidas but that doesn't mean it's inferior by any means. My boy trains in his replica kit and training gear and it has stood the test of time and still looks great 7 months later. I quite like the kit and feel that it gives us a continental look.

I'd say that Joma is the Spanish equivalent of Umbro.

Also talking about revenue, we most probably have got a better deal financially with Joma than Adidas (can't confirm). moreover, I still see all the kids in my boys club having at leat two kits each.

7. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

I remember when we had the Purple and Yellow Adidas away kit ( my favourite in the PL) people would complain that all you get with Adidas is template kits that are not unique to your team. Whilst this is true in terms of design, the colours are bespoke.
    Anyway, my point is that I remember going to the Adidas site to see what other templates were available, and noticed that for £12 you could buy the Purple Yellow template in different colours. There was no branding other than the Adidas logo on the chest. Adidas are making a profit on that - so all the extra is added on by the club surely ? OK you have the Swans badge on it, but that doesn't cost much as a percentage.

Who gets the cut of the cost of the Barclays PL logo's on the sleeve ?

trundles left foot likes this.
  8. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with the joma kit. It is a very popular kit to have.....When the contract is over then the next brand will be just as popular and must have kit.....If you dont like it dont buy it....It is as simple as that...There is no need to throw your toys out of your pram as you have the choice just like the club has when they negotiate the best deal they can get....Joma beat off all competition to supply the club with their kit and that all that matters.

As for the Lease fiasco then the council is spot on in getting the best deal for all of Swansea and not just for the clubs that use the stadium....

9. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

I miss the Adidas strips , I wish I would have got a half dozen Centennial home tops . I use mine when I play baseball and it's grass stained , torn and has a few campfire ember holes in it when I've fallen asleep by the fire at Tourneys .

10. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

My favourite was the red and green adidas centenary away kit.

trundles left foot likes this.