1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Svending Power

Discussion in 'Nottingham Forest' started by Yak., Aug 27, 2011.

1. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

Is there a way to remove us from this thread? Emilio?

2. Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho

Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho Active Member

Fair enough, you can't say the same about some of your cohorts though <ok>

3. Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho

Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho Active Member

Sorry I'm not sure how, I tried moving it to the Leicester board and it didn't work, then the Forest board (since one of their fans created it), but it hasn't removed it from other boards.

I'm heading to the match now so I can't try and sort it out, hopefully if no one else comments on it it will just move to the bottom of everyone's pages <ok>

4. THE FOXES 1884

THE FOXES 1884 Well-Known Member

Leeeeedscum stop all LC fans coming on your board & we´ll do like wise... be abit boring come LC v LU eh !

Your poo & you know you are, JEALOUS.... ....anyway good wins for us both today :emoticon-0136-giggl

:emoticon-0110-tongu

5. Jerel Ifil

I welcome constructive contribution from Leicester fans (not that I find it very often), and try to contribute in the same vein when I'm on your board.

However A) I don't think a thread on our board called 'let's all laugh at Leeds' with no substance or content whatsoever deserves to stay and B) I don't think this thread is particularly relevant to our fans who can come and discuss it on your board anyway if they so wish.

6. Lesta Gangsta

Lesta Gangsta Well-Known Member

Is this the same Leeds-18 who's ruined many a thread on the Leicester section with excessive WUMing?

By the way, Kasper was world class today. We'd have probably lost without him.

7. Danger Fox

Danger Fox New Member

So did the Leeds started thread "Lets all laugh at leicester" deserve to stay on the Leicester board

8. Jerel Ifil

I'd like to see them (they don't exist). :D

Can't remember what the OP wrote on that, you'll have to link me. If it was just laughing smileys, then I would have deleted it if I were in Emilio's position. That's all today's thread on the Leeds board consisted of.

9. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

18,The 'Let's all laugh at Leicester' thread was:
    I met a fairy today who granted me one wish."I want to live forever"I said."Sorry"said the fairy"I can't grant wishes like that."Ok"I said,"I want to die when Leicester City have won more trophies than Leeds United". "You crafty ****"said the fairy.
    As you can see,not endless smileys,just harmless banter,to which Danger Fox proceeded in issuing a Jihad against all Leeds fans!

10. Jerel Ifil

<laugh>

Now that's funny.

And true. <ok>

11. Lesta Gangsta

Lesta Gangsta Well-Known Member

Yawn. Are you Forest in disguise? Always reminiscing about days long, long gone. You guys should all be history teachers.

It's the here and now that counts. We're very happy with the direction of how club, and, judging by the Leeds boards, you chaps are seriously worried.

12. Jerel Ifil

I'm pleased for you. You're a club which probably deserves a place in the top division so I have no gripes with it being Leicester City that's promoted, just the way that it's being done. And please give this 'living in the past' stuff a rest. We only talk about our history as often as any other club does and there's no reason we shouldn't remember the days when we were the best team in the world fondly, as well as the later days when we were a force in England and Europe. God help us if we just had to talk about the present all the time, like you say things aren't looking rosy at Elland Road.

You strike me as quite an intelligent poster but some of the cliches you trot out are lazy.

13. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Classic Leeds fan....

'Leicester deserve to be in the Premiership'.

Do we?

Apparently you have to win football matches to get promoted and not just be a big club.

I bet you think you should still be playing in Europe <doh>

14. Spanish white

Spanish white Active Member

Good result yesterday..,,southampton a good passing side...
    must feel good to get 3 points....im sure you will pick up the pace now.....

15. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

Lesta fans only have a go about clubs like Leeds n forest talking about their history because lesta haven't got any!

16. Jerel Ifil

No such thing.

Did I say you don't have to win football matches? The gist of my argument is that clubs with lots of fans don't really deserve to be languishing in lower divisions because it means more people are unhappy than if a small club's doing well. Call me a utilitarian in that respect if you will. I never said that big clubs should be automatically promoted without earning that privilege. <doh>

Some people are really, really stupid, I've found.

Probably yes. See argument above.

17. WalshNo5

WalshNo5 Member

The way it is being done is the reason you don't like how we're trying to get out of the Championship??

For one, we have the money to do it and you'd love it if it was your club - so some sort of jealousy there I suppose.
    Secondly, cast your mind back to the 1989/90 season, when you started on your good times back to the very top. I remember you getting Gordon Strachan, John Hendrie, Mel Sterland, Vinnie Jones all for relative big money in those days - and you bought your way to the then Second Division title.... and when you were flirting with Champions League Semi-Finals, you'd spent money that you hadn't had I remember rightly.

18. Jerel Ifil

Yes.

Irrelevant. I have an air rifle; should I use it to shoot people with? When you have money, you should use it wisely and fairly.

No. I'd be complaining that the FL should have already tightened up its rules. A healthy game is in everyone's long-term interests and if the short term success of Leeds United has so suffer then so be it.

This was all money within our means, except for the Ridsdale days which everyone agrees was stupid spending. Leicester are spending way more than they turn over if you except the money being unfairly injected by Mr Rankcowgaskahorn or whatever he's called.

19. WalshNo5

WalshNo5 Member

Ha ha I love this jealousy. How would you feel if Leeds suddenly had silly money at their disposal. It started off with yourselves to some extent as I said before, you were spending money that you had - well initially. Blackburn did, Chelsea have under Abramovich and now Man.City are. We're the next big spenders and we're part of a larger consortium where apparently Petronas - very rich Malaysians - are part of the Football Asia Investments along with a fellow Thai Billionaire, Newin Chidchob.

Now if they want to spend Leicester to the very top then so be it. You saying you'd turn down that chance. Yes we are spending way more than we turn over, but if all of the owners can afford it - it doesn't matter. Looking forward to having our Gradel back too thanks.

20. MarkoLUFC

MarkoLUFC Well-Known Member

it'd be nice at first but I'd quickly get bored - every success would be tainted with the fact that it had to be bought unfairly.