1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Supporters' Committee Meeting Minutes

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Muffinthegoat

Muffinthegoat Well-Known Member

Before I sold my retail and online business in 2021 I offered as many ways to pay as possible. We even had loads of postal customers pay by cheque. The fact that we offered different payment options resulted in increased business over many years, why a business turns potential customers away is beyond me.

2. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

It's not a text, it's data from the app. That sounds wild from your provider though. I pay 3 quid a day on Vodafone to get my normal plan overseas which includes unlimited calls and texts and 13gb of data.

3. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

But to get messages on the app you will need to be connected to the Internet. This is from 2021 i am sure its a bit cheaper now. Note they are talking Mb not Gb.
    From EE: To access the internet abroad you need to buy a roaming data add-on. You only pay for the add-on you buy so you'll always know exactly what you're spending. For an add-on that lasts 24 hours, reply to this text for free with the code 8MB (to get 8MB for £5.22), 20MB (20MB for £10.45). For an add-on that lasts 7 days text 45MB7 (45MB for £26.12) or 110MB7 (110MB for £52.25).

4. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Yes, as above, I find that crazy considering how cheap my roaming is through Vodafone. If we're splitting hairs on roaming data charges as a reason Hull City should still have cash service for beers I think we're a little far down the rabbit hole.

5. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Minutes of the meeting…

https://www.wearehullcity.co.uk/fans/supporters-committee/

The club have posted this on Twitter and the initial responses are all negative, one of the reps has already stood down due to the grief she’s got on Twitter. There’s a lot of ****ers in our ranks.

southerntiger and nbetiger like this.
  6. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

I don’t do Twitter
    What are they having a go for?

7. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Nobody wearing City clobber, all look like ‘over 50’s from Molescroft or Brough’, why does one stand have two reps and the others one, nothing that seems a viable criticism. They can’t win.

Though this one did make me smile - ‘The issue I raised about the old fella who nicked a satsuma from the kids free fruit box ignored yet again I see.’

SydneyTiger14 likes this.
  8. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Sue - I'm done, can stick it. I said yes because I wanted to help fans make the mkm a better place but the stick on twitter and the personal attacks are just not worth making my mental health any worse than what it is right now.

southerntiger and nbetiger like this.
  9. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

That's a shame. I imagine it's mostly a thankless task. Yet again, 'what's wrong with (some) people'.

Newland Tiger likes this.
  10. HHH

HHH Well-Known Member

Not condoning any abuse but it didn't look the most representative of groups.

Young 'uns probably can't be arsed with stuff like that though.

11. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Yeah the biggest barrier to achieving diversity in something like that is finding a diverse group who are interested. Football crowds are already pretty white and middle aged, and when you filter that down to the people who want to attend supporter meetings it's only going to get worse.

Wessie Exile, rovertiger, HHH and 2 others like this.
  12. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

The whole idea sounds good in principle but it is never going to achieve much because there are too many people to please and everyone is different. It does look like paying lip service and box ticking. I don't see much the club are doing wrong at the moment without necessary having to listen to 'supporters groups'. There will always be a complaint about something no matter what they do, some want standing some want sitting, some want a handrail, others don't need a handrail, someone thinks the seats are dusty others don't even notice it and so on. Basically the club should have the people already in place who know how to run a stadium on a matchday, how to increase the matchday spend and how to entice more people to come to games and I think they are already doing that without having to listen to 'supporters groups' every now and then.
    One example. At Boothferry Park the supporters bar and the only place alcohol could be bought by anyone who wasn't a sponsor was the social club under the old North Stand. It was a meeting place and not only on a matchday, a bit of a fund raiser for the club, although never sure by how much, and a facility that every other club seemed to have and especially in Hull where both RL clubs had several of them. We lost this when the North Stand was demolished. Endless supporters groups meetings and requests to the club to replace it all fell on deaf ears. The club uncovered endless excuses why it couldn't happen. Then suddenly, 20 odd years later, Adam Pearson, a man with a bit of sense and seeing the undoubted benefits of a fans bar and the pound note signs 'produced', as if by magic, one virtually overnight by putting a marque in the old gymnasium with a bar and seating in it. It was an outstanding success and a forerunner for the Premier Club we now see at the MKM (KC).
    Point being, we don't really need 'supporters groups' speaking up for everyone, just people in charge who know what they are doing to attract those supporters in the first place. I think we already have that.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
  13. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I think that's maybe true of small issues like we have now, but there should always be a mechanism for meaningful supporter consultation so that if more serious issues do arise, like we saw over the years before Acun, there is a structure there to hold the club to account and get answers.

In any case, the league rules now require this sort of dialogue, so in a sense it is a box-ticking exercise but it's important that that box is ticked.

14. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

I think as far as the club is concerned it is more a feed back from supporters groups whether what they are doing is being well received or not. I think yes, in one or two areas these groups can suggest something which can be implemented, but it is more the former rather than the latter.

15. Tickton Tiger.

Shouldn't the Official Supporters Club already be doing that?

nbetiger likes this.
  16. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

"The half time entertainment is being looked at."

"There is insufficient lighting in West Park and people keep walking into bollards."

Problem solved, at half time just play clips of people stacking it over the posts to the Benny Hill theme tune.

17. Jim the Tiger

Jim the Tiger Well-Known Member

3 different servers asked me to double check my order on the screen whilst I was trying to pay yesterday. Not sure if this was happening to everyone or I just look particuarly thick but it seems that the person on here who paid for too many pints (mentioned earlier on this thread I think) has got his point across!

Tickton Tiger. likes this.
  18. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I don't think the OSC have ever really been able to do that. They're more of a social group. When the club were doing unpopular things under previous ownership, the OSC were prevented by the owners from providing representative feedback, and threatened with a loss of official status if they failed to comply.

southerntiger likes this.
  19. Tickton Tiger.

So what is the point of them?

20. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

They're just a social club really I think. I've not seen much from them for a while so I don't really know what the point is either to be honest. They're certainly not meant to be a lobbying group. The Supporters Trust is though.