1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Super Sunday or Ryder Cup Hmmmm

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Matthew Bound Still Lurks, Sep 30, 2018.

1. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

That is what they are saying, with the suggestion that promoted clubs should have to spend a percentage of the tv money on strengthening. could lead to lots of clubs going bust, But Cardiff have clearly gone up with a view to clearing some of Tans debt.

2. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Passing accuracy was always going to be bottom, I wonder where they would be if they looked at long balls hit.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  3. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

I really dont want promotion myself this or any other season myself until changes are made to make it fairer.......The money side of things is ok but we never seem to invest it on players to improve the side and it is way to expensive just for mediocre and one season mercenaries who use the club as a stepping stone while on wages that are over the top.........But if we should get promoted we would do far better than Cardiff will ever do anyway......I'm very happy in the championship and it looks like the majority of fans are enjoying it also......

4. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

5. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

True but i have lost count how many times he have been sacked though...<laugh>

6. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

How would it become fairer, the more successful you are the more money the club gets in terms of gate receipts , tv money , winning competitions etc . We did invest and invested a lot for a Club of our size but the money was wasted , we were in a position to grow both on and off the pitch but the sellouts were only concerned with what they could make not what they could do for the Club

daimungeezer and PGFWhite like this.
  7. daimungeezer

daimungeezer Well-Known Member

Well it's very astute from Tan's point of view, in which case he thinks they've not much chance of competing at that spending level as most of the cash will just go into maintaining PL status and sooner or later they'll be relegated again anyway. So don't invest anything and come straight back down with a fist full of loot.

I can see a few more owners thinking like that unfortunately... one bunch of mercenaries comes to mind <doh>

8. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Super Sunday if you genuinley support a top 4 side but for me I couldn't care less if Liverpool beat Utd, beat City beat Spurs beat Liverpool. If the Swans aren't playing I'm not watching, Ryder cup for me.

Great to have annihilated the Yanks but even better coz I won £100 [£40 @ 6/4]. Still enjoying the win, bought a bottle of Appleton Estate (12yo) Gold, a bottle of Mount Gay Black Barrel and 4 litrs of Zero Coke. Had enough left for 1/2 tank of petrol and a sneaky Sav and chips before I got home. Hid the Appleton till the weekend, everyones away, yay! and gave the bottle of Black Barrell to Wifey. Vodkas her tipple, she doesn't drink much anyway so I thought, why waste good money on vodka when theres an offer on the Rum, what luck eh!, 20% off my favourite bottle of booze. She shared hers with me and I polished off 3/4 of the bottel; over two days I'm not an alchi, aint she sweet :emoticon-0115-inlov

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018