1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Super Frank coming home ?

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Naas Blue, Jun 20, 2019.

1. BobbyD

BobbyD President

My sources tell me both are leaving in the near future. You better hope it's wrong or the spud spiral may continue

2. Mr Chan who fries the noodles is not a reliable source, mate.

3. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Mr chans a professional mate. They hear everything that goes on in the underworld

Hoddle is a god likes this.
  4. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Utter tripe. Most Spuds would sell their granny to get a sniff of silverware, regardless of what cup it was. How long has it been now, 11/12 years? Last fa cup? nearly 30 years?? You've got little chance of winning either of the other comps so can hardly afford to disregard domestic cups.

If Poch wants more he needs to move on. Not like the big clubs are queuing up for him though is it?

Blueman and The Ginger Marks like this.
  5. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

Just been on the BBC website and there are a plethora of trolls dissing CFC and Frank Lampard. You might have lost Hazard, but you are a good team and will no doubt put those North Londoners of Arsenal in their place again. If I were an Arsenal fan I would be more worried about the state of that team than the likes of CFC or MUFC.

6. Agreed, that Arsenal will be worried, especially with the latest news that their captain is refusing to join the squad on pre-season tour.

However, us Spurs will be bossing the DOLL, this season.

7. The Ides of March

I am not a Chelsea fan, far from it but I thought they were impressive in winning the EL, and even without Hazard will be match for most in the PL, even Spurs whom I have a soft spot for. Best not get too arrogant as Chelsea have managed to put Tottenham to the sword more often than not.

The Ginger Marks and Blueman like this.
  8. I'm never arrogant, my friend. I merely like to shoot from the hip.

I see Chavs embarking on a mini spiral (as they are prone to do). I have referred to them, in the past, as a yo-yo club, and I think Lamps will be taking them down, over the next one or two seasons (until, inevitably, he gets the sack).

9. The Ides of March

If he lasts two seasons it would be an indication that Chelsea have not declined as some are wishing. I know you are a bit of a WUM with Chelsea fans HIAG, but tongue in cheek as well.

Hoddle is a god likes this.
  10. I gave up wumming some time ago, my friend.

Now, I shoot from the hip, yeah.

11. The Ginger Marks

His third rate wummery is the same standard as it was seven years back. Basically it hides the hurt of 12 years since their last piece of silverware. Now they are stuck with a fat Argy who in nine years as a manager has flukes one final appearance.

BobbyD likes this.
  12. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

That’s why you never get anything great from consensus or majorities. All great ideas come from the minority. I’d be happy to bet on kids playing a major part in our season under Frank. He may well only play a couple per game, but by seasons end we’ll all know the real deals from the rest. That’s really his 1st task, so when we can buy again, we know where we stand in as many positions as possible. Step 1 in a 3 year rebuilding program.

13. The footy experts on TalkSport said that it doesn't work like that, because Lamps would be gambling with his own job.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2019
  14. A.L.D.O 4.1

A.L.D.O 4.1 1 of the top defendants in Europe

How about Gilmour. Hows he coming along?

15. The Ides of March

You win nothing playing with kids and the first match that season Manchester United were beaten 3-1 by Villa. 1997/8 I think. The rest is history. Same could happen here with Lampard whose Chelsea "kids" must be as good as Ferguson's!!!

16. The Ginger Marks

Had a super game against Bohemians, defo gonna be a star. <ok>

A.L.D.O 4.1 likes this.
  17. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Talksport inspire you to genius levels of wummery

The Ides of March likes this.
  18. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Try telling that to Ajax. Admittedly they are the exception to the rule. But Lampard has little option. He can play the same team as last season with Pedro, Alonso, Dave, Luiz, Giroud, Willian all a year older, or he can add a couple of youngsters to each starting 11 when appropriate, and by Christmas have a pretty good idea which ones are future stars and which ones are not ready. That I believe is his major task this year, get us ready and knowing where and who to buy for the future when we are again allowed. No one reasonably expects us to win anything this year, so why not go back to square one and start over.That means sort out the kids. RLC and CHO are already starters in my book, but there’s a good 5 at least to sort out.

19. The Ides of March

Surely Tammy Abraham can deliver. I hope so, likewise the two that you have pinpointed. The Chelsea cupboard is full to overflowing with riches.

20. The Ginger Marks

old man hammer.jpg