1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Sunderland vs Southampton Saturday 7th November 2015 K.O. 15:00

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by SAINTDON13, Nov 3, 2015.

1. RedandWhiteManofKent

RedandWhiteManofKent Well-Known Member

The black cats have been a bit unlucky for us at their place in 'recent seasons. Time to break the jinx. Going for a 0-2 as long as we don't spill any salt, crack any mirrors, open umbrellas indoors or walk under ladders.

2. thebronze14

thebronze14 Well-Known Member

My first game of the season...can't wait! I'll go 2-0...Mane and Tadic to score. Had to change my flight over cause my other love Finn Harps are in the promotion/relagation playoff against Limerick at home..Back on Sunday for the FAI cup final so will be some weekend of football!

Dark Lord SFC and Onionman like this.
  3. Saint Helen

Saint Helen Well-Known Member

1-2 to us... I hope

4. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

1-3. The favourite scoreline. Gives us 3 goals and they have 1 themselves so they don't have to feel too down about losing. They can even score first, just like Chelsea. :)

5. benditlikeabanana

benditlikeabanana Well-Known Member

Quite happy for Vic to sit this out as the 2 likely starters will be ball playing midfielders, which will be better suited against Sunderland as we need to have good movement to break down big sams 10 at the back mentality

6. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

It's a long way to go, is Sunderland. Different climate up there, dark by 3.00pm in November, howling wind and horizontal rain even on a good day. I anticipate a big Sam team being aggressive in defence and direct in attack.

You'd be mad to be confident, this won't be easy. I'd be more than happy with a scrappy 1-0.

thebronze14, Libby, VVD and 5 others like this.
  7. Tommomo

Tommomo Well-Known Member

Sunderland have been pretty bad of late but as someone said playing against Allardyce's teams is never easy. They'll probably have a couple of bruisers in O'shea and Kaboul in defense to manhandle Pelle but i think the wingers will find some joy. I hope JRod and/or Shane are fit as they would be the best option alongside Mane.

I'll go Sunderland 0-2 Saints with Mane and Van Dijk to score.

8. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Hope to see Shane and possibly JRod back in training, but a bit early for them to play, I'm afraid.

9. timatoketchup

timatoketchup Well-Known Member

Away banker 1-4

Onionman likes this.
  10. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

I'll go for 0-0 if it means no injuries.

(Though I'd love Gaston to come on, flick the ball over Brown's head and volley a winner as revenge).

Velcro Roy likes this.

11. Missing Lambo

Missing Lambo Well-Known Member

Interesting choice of score. A mate texted me last night with a gloomy offering after his Wolves team had just lost to Bristol City - a team that had just lost 1-4 at home. As my mate said, if your team is in relegation trouble then play Wolves. In the past I've always felt that about Saints. Haven't scored since the old King died? Don't worry, Southampton up next so a 3-0 win is on the cards.

Like Fran I'm nervous about all games. After over 50 years it's a Pavlovian response to Saints playing. I'd talked myself into a 3-1 win for Bournemouth on Sunday by about ten minutes to kick off. I was preparing my excuses to face the mocking of Reds fans crowing after their win at Chelsea. I've already flagged that - an 8-0 aberration apart - Sunderland are a team we can't beat so that I can get into the pub on Sunday when we've lost. Of course the Evertonians are licking their lips in anticipation, although many of them have already prepared me by saying that the 6-2 was a crazy scoreline.

A nice simple 2-0 to us would do, but since when did Saints make things simple. Predict 1-1.

12. King Grimlock

King Grimlock Well-Known Member

I think this'll be a nervous 1-0 win, I wouldn't be surprised to see them rough us up and try and draw some cards out of us (romeu i'm looking at you!)

13. saintsfcfan

saintsfcfan Well-Known Member

Knowing how techincally and physically gifted Cattermole is i'm a bit worried for Jordy in the centre of the park. Cedric will definitely be getting bandaged up.

14. Rick O'Shea

Rick O'Shea Well-Known Member

The sun sets at 16:17 on Saturday you twerp. Can't handle a bit of rain? You know what they about you lot...

We a due a win at home tbf.

15. Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc)

Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc) Well-Known Member

No game is gauranteed to be easy in this league but going to a team down the bottom of the table, on poor form, who have just shipped 6 goals, whilst we are on very good form, of course you should be confident. Anything could happen, and we cannot underestimate any opponent. However, if you can't be confident before this fixture then surely you can never be confident in this league?

16. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not at all. Firstly, our record up there isn't brilliant. And secondly, Allardyce will make damn sure they will be difficult to break down after what happened at Goodison Park on Sunday. I'd take a scrappy 1-0 win right now.

17. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

off his own arse

18. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

... with a really good 90 minute performance, eh? :emoticon-0105-wink:

19. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Exactly. Or we win 8-0 again. Either one will do. :)

20. Velcro Roy

Velcro Roy Well-Known Member

Not against us you ain't -twerp(lol).