1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Sunderland v Swindon Town - Tuesday 2nd March - KO 19:00

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by RTB, Feb 28, 2021.

?

Your prediction

Poll closed Mar 2, 2021.
  1. Home win

95.8%
  2. Away win

1.4%
  3. Draw

1.4%
  4. Meh - too stressful

1.4%
  1. Bank of England 2

Bank of England 2 Well-Known Member

Their confidence will be shot. They are one of those sides who try to play football too, so will be more open than most of the others, which we need to be quick to exploit.

Ideally, I would like to see us tie the game up by half time, then rest 4 or 5 who haven't had any break at all. So get your shooting boots on Lads!

Smug in Boots and RTB like this.
  2. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

3. Bigmackem

Bigmackem Well-Known Member

That’s when it’s dangerous for us they have nothing to lose , bad run , suspensions, playing at the SOL it’s their Wembley . Give them respect but go for the jugular kill them off as soon as possible - big game at Pompey on Tuesday that we MUST not lose then on to a day out at the real Wembley where we are well overdue a win even though we can’t be there to see it .The new owner must be in wonderland not Sunderland !

4. TopCat_

TopCat_ Well-Known Member

Saturday will almost define whether we are "new Sunderland" or not. Last season's Sunderland would absolutely lose at home to Rochdale

RTB and Smug in Boots like this.
  5. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

That's true and we really have to grasp the opportunity that KLD has given us imo. He's brought in the best football and non-football people that we can attract and the players are responding. I know that we've been kicked in the teeth before, but we have to find a way to shake off this 'typical Sunderland' mentality. Ex-players have mentioned how the supporters affect the feeling around the club and I wonder if it gives some of them the perfect excuse to fail. I'd thank my lucky stars if I never heard the phrase 'the Sunderland way' ever again. It drags us down in my opinion and it's time to leave it behind.

6. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Have to say the win on Tuesday is, looking back, probably my favourite of the season. Not on quality or anything, just simply on how it felt to grind it out. Probably because we’d have lost or, at best, drawn that 4 month ago. We ground out a very important win

7. Bank of England 2

Bank of England 2 Well-Known Member

I want 'The Sunderland Way' to refer to our entertaining style of play and our ability to get the fans off their seats. Now wouldn't that be nice.