1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Sunderland v Stoke City Saturday 14th January KO 15:00

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by RTB, Jan 13, 2017.

?

Your Prediction

Poll closed Jan 15, 2017.
  1. Home win

55.6%
  2. Draw

14.8%
  3. Away win

29.6%
  1. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

Aye there was a bit of a kerfuffle. Not entirely sure what it was over though.

Januzaj was the only one in my eyes today who actually looked like doing something and PVA was ****ing dog ****. Adnan wins that one today for me.

RTB likes this.
  2. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

That'll be van Aanholt sold then. Moyes won't like anyone upsetting Januzaj.

3. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

apparently a solid 8mill bid in for him

4. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Sell him, he's ****ing ****. I could probably find a free agent better at LB than him. Going forwards he is good mind, so get some cash for him!

LAMackem and Makemstine Roger like this.
  5. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

The way that Janusaj pulled out of that tackle showed he is not what is needed at present

6. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

Are you going to ignore the fact that he was the only player who actually went looking for the ball today to try and do something?

I've not been a fan of his but thought he's one of if not the only player to get a bit of credit for today.

marcusblackcat likes this.
  7. Deletion Requested1

Deletion Requested1 Well-Known Member

PVA passed the ball to Januzai then went on a run for the 1 2 and Januzai held onto the ball then lost it PVA would have been clean in on goal I think

Personally I thought AJ was crap today - he just kept going down looking for a free kick I think he is really weak. The lad next to me said the same he is hoping this french club buy him so we can get another loan in.

That said I don't think any of our players covered themselves in glory possibly Seb at a push but the rest were terrible.

RTB, Gil T Azell and Deleted like this.
  8. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

I'm not even going to be harsh on the lads. It's an awful result for the club but the sheer volume of players we have missing, any team would struggle to cope.

I would not sell PVA, he's pulled us out of the **** a lot and been very important for us these last 18 months. Sign another left back and push him forward, maybe. Wouldn't dream of selling him at the moment though.

9. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="Safc83, post: 10119861, member: 1011655"]I'm not even going to be harsh on the lads. It's an awful result for the club but the sheer volume of players we have missing, any team would struggle to cope.

I would not sell PVA, he's pulled us out of the **** a lot and been very important for us these last 18 months. Sign another left back and push him forward, maybe. Wouldn't dream of selling him at the moment though.[/QUOTE]
    Having not seen most of the game today, these comments might be misplaced but one of the main problems I've seen this season is the amount of time and space we've allowed other teams. That might be down to the players but its surely the manager's job to get them to put more pressure on the ball. He's so negative though that I think he'd rather they didn't do that so its easier to defend the edge of the 18 yard box, which seems to be his favourite thing to do.

Edit: cocked the quote up- sorry.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  10. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

Sell PVA, well our only offer so far is from big Sam and we cannot contemplate selling the lad too anyone least of all to a fellow relegation struggler.
    So its a big no from me, whatever the lads limitations are he offers us so much going forward.

11. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

That particular incident was so fecking stupid, and I can understand why Woody was so annoyed with the useless twat . . . . Januselesszai is so blinking slow and just doesn't seem to have a 'football brain' to even make him of some use :emoticon-0101-sadsm

I just wish that he'd **** off . . . . the lazy, heartless (the lion from The Wizard of Oz type of heartless), twat <grr>

He'll probably prove me wrong soon, but I won't hold my breath :emoticon-0136-giggl

12. The Little General

The Little General Well-Known Member

£10 million, sell him, he's w*nk really, will always be a liability. The back four today stunk of relegation, we need a shake up there asap.

13. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

We really can't afford to sell anyone at this point

14. JustMeMan

JustMeMan Well-Known Member

Things can only get better<laugh> denayer <laugh> does not try at all.

15. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

We certainly can`t. If the stubborn twat is determined not to let the kids play he`ll be putting 10 men out there.

I think he`s going to need to get his arse in gear for Tuesday or expect some serious flak.

Gil T Azell and Charley Farley like this.
  16. JustMeMan

JustMeMan Well-Known Member

Few were saying at the game is moyes holding the team back trying to get short to dig deep. Here's hoping pops.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  17. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

I`ve heard that a few times mate. If he is then it`s a risky ploy.

18. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Yeh very risky
    Knowing us it's not work

19. Charley Farley

Charley Farley Well-Known Member

For what it's worth.
    Sam bought very well for us last January, keeping us up with the kkk signings.
    If he wants PVA surely it shows how good he is.
    We need to keep the lad although I think there's a good case for playing him upfield and getting another lb in.

Makemstine Roger and RTB like this.
  20. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

@Tel remember how good he was against you lot? He was woefully bad today. Constantly gave the ball away. Terrible. Not alone mind. Thought Januzaj was our best player today. Rodwell and Denayer poor. Mannone had no chance with the first 2. Would gave to see the third again to know for certain. Larsson never stopped but simply isn't fast enough in there. We need bodies and we simply don't have them.

Jack TheLad likes this.