1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Sunderland v MK Dons - Saturday 28th September - KO 15:00

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by RTB, Sep 27, 2019.

?

Your prediction

Poll closed Sep 29, 2019.
  1. Home win

86.2%
  2. Away win

1.7%
  3. Draw

5.2%
  4. 1-1

6.9%
  1. Danny Foctor

Danny Foctor Active Member

please log in to view this image

I’m usually one of his biggest supporters, but yesterday I thought he either gave the ball away or misplaced far too many passes, one of his poorer games.

clockstander likes this.
  2. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

3. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

From the link above . . . .

Jon McLaughlin: 5/10
    Did absolutely nothing until the 54th minute when he whipped out his impression of a dozy bugger. It’s a great impression, and unfortunately some minor second half heroics don’t cancel out the great case that he’s making for Burge.
    Laurens De Bock: 7/10
    Composed and calm on the ball. Had a touch of class about him. A reliable servant until he was substituted.
    Joel Lynch: 8/10
    Had a few close shaves in the first half but was good in the air, strong, and impressed the fans in the stands today.
    Jordan Willis: 7/10
    Battling performance from the skipper. Looks solid and dependable.
    Conor McLaughlin: 6/10
    Did his job for the most part, handled the basics well. Provided the assist for O’Nien’s goal.
    Dylan McGeouch: 7/10
    Integral to play for the majority of the match. Let down by his lack of pace a few times but he dictated the game for swathes.
    Max Power: 8/10
    Held his own ‘til it came time to score another worldie, and had a little burst of intent thereafter. He was lucky to only receive a yellow for pressing his knee down on the back of his opponent’s head. Reckless, but when you score goals like that it’s a risk worth taking.
    Luke O’Nien: 8/10
    Got absolutely stuck in from the first whistle. Very unlucky to see a good header turned away by the post, but only a few minutes later he lobbed the ‘keeper with a contentious dink that won us the game. A constant presence in his new role.
    Chris Maguire: 6/10
    Occasionally looked a threat but has a tendency to dither greedily on the ball. For all his running about he missed an absolute sitter in the second half.
    Lynden Gooch: 7/10
    Industrious and eager as ever. Did very well to mirror McGeady’s role on the left wing, though unfortunately without the killer finish. A good day’s work.
    Charlie Wyke: 6/10
    Does well to hold up play and find space for his fellow attackers, but can’t seem to find reward for his efforts when it comes to making the difference in terms of scoreline. An athletic, determined performance but no more than one would expect.
    (SUB) Will Grigg: 5/10
    Pfffffff.
    (SUB) Denver Hume: 5/10
    Looked lively as ever going forward and worked hard going back. No complaints.
    (SUB) George Dobson: 5/10
    Did very little with very little time to do it in.
    Man of the Match
    Luke O’Nien. It’s fantastic to see a young player enjoying his work so much, and the look on his face when the goals go in is priceless. Busted a gut to make it happen today and the cheeky dink earns him MOTM.

4. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

If we could smash in a couple of full 90mins like the first 40 mins we’d all be a lot more relaxed.

The LB looked very composed and will make a big difference once he’s able to do a full 90, but while I don’t wanna have another pop at Ross after 2 wins in a week you wonder how we didn’t come out boisterous after the break.

That O’Nien and Power worked lovely till half time, we absolutely need McNulty back and fit.

Happy with a win, all that matters.

Nacho likes this.
  5. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

i noticed that. The next few games will show where we're really at.

6. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

7. Woody

Woody Well-Known Member

Poor defending again for their goal. Where was our right back ? Gave up and looked away it seems from the highlights.

8. Main Stand Roker Wing

Same here, though Power and Lynch also had very good games, yesterday.

Vincemac likes this.
  9. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

10. Main Stand Roker Wing

My mate was in hospitality for the match yesterday, and had a chat and some photo's taken with O'Nien (after he was voted the sponsors MOTM)
    He (09) even agreed to call round to my mates house in his spare time, to chat with and have some photo's taken with my mate's young son.
    O'Nien clearly loves being at Sunderland, and takes great pride in his role, as a player and ambassador, for SAFC.
    Top man !

11. Blond Bombshell

Blond Bombshell Well-Known Member

Agree with most of that

12. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

There are quite a few on Twitter who don’t want him near the first team! He epitomises everything us fans would want to give if we played. I Love the lad (in a non gay way)

Main Stand Roker Wing likes this.