1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Sunderland v Lincoln City – Saturday 22nd May 2021 - KO 15:30

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by RTB, May 20, 2021.

?

Your prediction

Poll closed May 22, 2021.
  1. Home win

71.4%
  2. Away win

15.7%
  3. Draw

12.9%
  1. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

You dont stand on a training pitch day in and day out though do you mate unlike Johnson.
    You cant tell me Sanderson never showed he was a step above what we already have on a daily basis straight infront of Johnsons eyes?? It showed to all of us watching him for 90 mins a week on the TV ffs.

Last edited: May 23, 2021
    Makemstine Roger likes this.
  2. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

3. FellTop

FellTop Well-Known Member

I remember that debate. I think he had a game or two at full back and his pace got him out of a couple of dodgy situations. I am sure I read Wolves said they wanted him at CB and he himself wanted to play there, although my memory isnt the best.

Whatever I reckon Wolves will be happy enough with his development second half of this season. Whether he got in the team by fluke or by Johnson design I doubt any of us can prove, but we all have our opinions, which is as it should be. I hope Wolves loss of manager helps us, maybe if we put in a massive bid the new fella accepts, or we get him for another year. It is clear as day he loved it here (and maybe that means he loved playing for Johnson) so I would be pulling up every tree to get him back. If you dont buy a ticket you cant win the lottery...

4. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

5. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

No I don’t. We watched him 90 minutes a week. Yet the first time he played there he struggled. And most on here saud the same. We only “know” how badly Johnson has done with him as he was forced to play him there. Yet no one on here was screaming fir him to play at centre back before he was there. Not a soul. Everyone said he was a full back. As I say, hindsight

6. Oldsandy

Oldsandy Well-Known Member

Another mistake. Doing well today
    i didn’t know that, Bank of England 2. Thanks for enlightening me.

7. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

To be fair I remember saying that he looked a lot more like a CB than a RB in his early days with us. I don't know if I was screaming exactly but I had a few disagreements about it.

If you look at the thread smug linked it seems like most people were saying he should be played at CB.

Last edited: May 24, 2021
    Makemstine Roger likes this.
  8. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Ah fair enough. I remember very few saying it from my head. Maybe because that’s where I thought he belonged!! Although, in that thread, nobody saud he was the best centre half at the club! Just that he “did ok”