1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Sunderland v Lincoln City – Saturday 20th March - KO 15:00

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by RTB, Mar 18, 2021.

?

Your prediction

Poll closed Mar 20, 2021.
  1. Home win

93.0%
  2. Away win

2.3%
  3. Draw

4.7%
  1. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

It's amazing isn't it ...

... it's like politicians who claim we were perfectly prepared for Covid and it's all been a great success.

As long as they keep repeating it, with a straight face, some people will believe them.

Robertson, Nig, Guy Incognito and 2 others like this.
  2. Oliver's Army

Oliver's Army Well-Known Member

Hope he gets fined the ****ing dickhead. Whereas our gaffer chose not to mention it because he is a touch of class and he preferred to talk about the controlables. :emoticon-0103-cool:

3. Mick Sterbs

Mick Sterbs Well-Known Member

After the Accrington game when we kept a clean sheet with 09 at CB? Yesterday was the first time in 6 games that we’ve conceded, all those games with 09 at CB. So why do you think him at CB needs changing?

You just want to be controversial, you’re always looking to divide opinion even the bloke in your avatar divides opinion. Opinions are like arseholes, we’ve all got one, I’m just not sure why yours always has to be a negative one.

4. samwise_new

samwise_new Well-Known Member

i actually agree, onien has done wonders in respect of being thrown into the position and has never let himself or the team down...but, he is not a defender and for all we can wax lyrical about how good/bad a player does when out of position, there is a different mindset needed for each position and we need defenders in defensive positions, unfortunately we have been plagued with injuries at the back and if/when we get promoted we owe a hell of a lot to those two lads who stepped up to the plate, dion and luke.

i also think this week break has come at an ideal time as tiredness was becoming obvious i think and it could mean an extra two or three ready to rock for our next game, although i dare say one thing we have all gleaned from this squad lately is that every single one of them will do whatever is needed for the team, and that makes me more confident than i have been in a long time.

5. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

I made that classic mistake alot of blokes make. I got really drunk and ended up having sex with my best friend. Now I cant even bring myself to talk to him, let alone play fetch with him down the park!

6. Smug in Boots

If we want to keep players like Wright, Sanderson, etc, we'll need to play them ...

... just as we need to play O'Nien in a position where we can maximise his talent and give him a good reason to be here.

I think Johnson is smart enough to know all that.

7. Bank of England 2

Bank of England 2 Well-Known Member

That's right mate.

Johnson really rates Bailey Wright, so I'm sure he'll want him back in the team asap, which will allow 09 to move into central midfield.

Competition for places in there are going to be healthy. O'Nien, Winchester, Leadbitter, Scowen and Power vying for 2-3 slots, with Neil waiting in the wings.

8. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

9. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

HA'WAY THE GEORGE.

10. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

The sooner we get out of this fooking league the better.

Montysoptician likes this.

11. Bigmackem

Bigmackem Well-Known Member

Hard to think beyond Willis , Wright , Sanderson , as a unit best in the league . LukeO’Nien has done well for us but midfield is his best position.

12. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Have you seen the hell end in the comments arguing with me about Wyke and his “horrendous late challenge “? So funny it’s quite sad!

Smug in Boots likes this.
  13. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Maybe your right, but It is strange that LJ could not see how good Sanderson was and overlooked him in favour of vastly inferior players, and only played him as a last resort. Also his reluctance to give some of our younger academy players an opportunity when it arises, even after praising them in front of the camera, suggests he is not infallible.

Wolfy likes this.
  14. Smug in Boots

It's all much more complicated than we realise imo.

If loan players are automatically given the places of our own players it can easily cause conflict ...

... when a loan player comes, in your position, it can often improve your performances.

If that's Johnson's thinking I'd have to agree.

Bigmackem and clockstander like this.
  15. Bigmackem

Bigmackem Well-Known Member

Managers have to make the decisions on who is going to play , the formation , this will change on a game to game basis but ultimately the Manager makes the call . At least we now appear to have a Manager in LJ who appears to be comfortable and competent in making decisions and getting most of them right .

16. Robertson

Robertson Well-Known Member

That decision not to red card their player for pulling back Winchester was crazy. Not even a free kick.

What did the ref think? The ball falls for Winchester to run through on goal and instead of running he thinks, **** it, I'll just stand still next to this defender.

17. Wolfy

Wolfy Well-Known Member

Not buying this he didn’t get played because he’s on loan crap. You play your best players at all time. Just as Hume should be straight back in at left back, regardless of McFadzean scoring at the weekend etc.

clockstander likes this.
  18. Smug in Boots

<laugh>

Robertson likes this.
  19. Hefty fullback

Hefty fullback Well-Known Member

On 23rd May 2019, Johnson signed onto a new four-year contract with Bristol City, keeping him at the club until the summer of 2023.[45] That October, he was charged with misconduct by the FA as a response to alleged language towards a match official.[46] He received a £2,000 fine and a one-match ban.[47] Following a run of four consecutive defeats, on 4th July 2020, Johnson was dismissed as head coach of Bristol City.[48] Having been appointed in February 2016, he was the longest-serving manager in the Championship prior to his departure.[

20. Smug in Boots

That's totally different ...

... Johnson spoke privately, Appleton is criticising all 3 officials competence in the media.

Hefty fullback likes this.