1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Sunderland v Cheltenham Town – Tuesday 28th September 2021 - KO 19:45

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by RTB, Sep 27, 2021.

?

Your prediction

Poll closed Sep 28, 2021.
  1. Home win

96.2%
  2. Away win

1.3%
  3. Draw

2.6%
  1. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

There are 3 components of an interview with a manager and only one is important, the viewer. The interviewer is there to pose the questions the supporters are asking and, if things are going badly, the questions will be tough.

Managers should use the interview to speak to the supporters, not to either boost their ego or have running battles with the man holding the mike. It should be easy for an intelligent man to control the situation as they obviously have the upper hand. So I find it cheap when managers, like Cook and Pearson, use their position to 'get one over' on a journalist.

I know people loved watching Brian Clough humiliate interviewers but it looks really daft when you see some of the clips now.

2. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

Strange in that I will be disappointed if we only get a draw today. Normally a point away, especially to this mob, would be a good result but I just expect the win automatically now.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  3. The Redbaron

The Redbaron Well-Known Member

The interviewer gave him stats, that he didn't like. As the notorious Colonel Jessup once said..."You can't handle the truth":emoticon-0140-rofl: