1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Sunderland v Accrington Stanley - Friday 15th February - KO 19:45

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by RTB, Feb 13, 2019.

?

Your prediction

Poll closed Feb 15, 2019.
  1. Home win

67.7%
  2. Away win

16.1%
  3. 1-1 Draw

16.1%
  1. The Little General

The Little General Well-Known Member

JR bought him.

2. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

That was the worst 60 mins as a Sunderland supporter I have witnessed, hehe even Ross puts a team out as bad as Moyes.

3. The Little General

The Little General Well-Known Member

Gooch is poor and among one of the reasons we failed last year, inconsistent, not strong enough, Honeyman is light weight , I see lads in opposition teams on peanuts better than these two lightweights , they would struggle in Northern League, some small lads are hard to knock off the ball..... these two don't cut it.

4. LAMackem

LAMackem Well-Known Member

Amazed at some of the comments here. Yes, ok we haven’t got the results we have wanted recently but we are sitting third three points behind the second team. We seem well established in the top six which had to be our first bridge to cross. This league is a marathon and we have to hang in there however tough the going gets. We don’t live in an ideal world so if you would have given me this position at the start of the season I would have snapped someone’s hand off. The goal here is to get promoted and that is not going to be achieved in February. Save the bitching and moaning till the end of the season if we don’t go up. Then play the hindsight game. Two defeats so far represents a remarkable turn around for us. Remember we are not playing with Defoe up front. Give the lads a break till we get where we want to be. We are supporters and not full time critics ffs. Bring on next Tuesday night ha’way the lads!!!

5. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

My thoughts there he was a panic buy in the event we didnt get Grigg. As already mentioned to have Leadbitter, Catts n McGeuch in the squad and no Sterling against a team who hadnt scored in their last 6 away games imo is absolutely pathetic.

6. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Yes we're doing well overall but don't forget that when people get angry about us playing badly it's because they want us to succeed just as much as the happy clappy crowd who are allergic to any criticism. I'm sure Ross would agree with a lot of what has been said.

Anyone saying Ross should be sacked can **** off though that's just nonsense.

7. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Yeh I expected him to be on the bench

Gil T Azell likes this.
  8. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

We had too many similar options on the bench last night, and not enough variation, Sterling looked so obvious a choice under the circumstances, its a bit of a mystery why he was left out.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  9. dansafcman

dansafcman Well-Known Member

Pretty hard to judge given that we have no idea why he wasn't included

Gil T Azell likes this.
  10. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

we don't know why sterling didn't play/make the bench. Bewildering, if he was fit, but pathetic is a bit harsh.

11. Vincemac

Yeh and I think maybe he should now start instead of Wyke
    Who would then be benched

12. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Or maybe put an extra man in midfield, it would get some of them off the bench <laugh>, play Griggs up on his own with options to bring on a second striker if that system fails. So far nothing has looked totally convincing, ( the kitchen sink did'nt work), but in flashes we have looked a class above the opposition, so we are not that far off, and there is still time to get the balance right, even if it goes to the dreaded play offs. <ok>

smithy in nl and Vincemac like this.
  13. Hefty fullback

Hefty fullback Well-Known Member

The replay of Friday's match is on ESPN+

LAMackem likes this.
  14. Vincemac

Never seen that channel

15. dansafcman

dansafcman Well-Known Member

Sterling or maguire (or Kimpioka) could play in a 3-5-1-1 formation, with Grigg up front.

clockstander likes this.
  16. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

I'd persevere and play a 3 behind Grigg.

Morgan, Mcgeady and Honeyman interchanging positions with Leadbitter and possibly Power behind them.

More than enough there to break down league one defences.

17. Woody

Woody Well-Known Member

I had my head in my hands during the first half. We looked bereft in midfield and defensively certain to lose goals. The big two up front didn't work and only when we put some pace and guile on and tried to play football instead of hoof ball did we look dangerous. Wyke and Grigg together is not the answer. I like what I saw of Grigg, OK he missed a sitter .. again .. in the first half but he assisted big style in the first goal and made a couple of really good attempts. Confidence will come. However, defensibly we were awful .. slow and disorganized. I am shaken by how poor we were.

18. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

It's not just us, Portsmouth have blown a 3-0 lead at Southend to only pick up a point.
    twists and turns ahead I've no doubt.

19. Gil T Azell

Maybe not the best choice of words but it makes me wonder what a pacy lad has to do to get a game.

20. Gil T Azell

Fair comment dansafcman. Similar to Nordic maybe "pathetic" wasnt the best choice of word.

I would like to hear from JR as to why. Nothing mentioned regarding injury so has he been a naughty boy?