1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sunderland up next

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Spanish, Feb 7, 2020.

1. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Definitely riding our luck today.. how long can it hold out.

2. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Sunderland finally score

3. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Inevitable really. Could easily have been 3 or 4 down. 3 defeats on the bounce.

Evans needs to take a long, hard look at himself now.

4. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

No goal threat again.

5. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Absolutely gutted. Today was a 6 pointer and we drop out of the play off zone for the first time.

6. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Jackson wastes a great opportunity

7. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Didn't get to see much of the match today, lots of drama at work that I've been dealing with from home.

Not surprised with the loss, injuries and suspensions have affected our season yet again.

ITFC has been a cursed club under Evans.

itfcptc likes this.
  8. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Another failure of Evans to strengthen from a position of strength

9. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

So typical. Tediously embarrassing. That’s four wins in the last 22 matches. Beyond a joke. We can debate the specifics and who should hold the most responsibility, but the underlying reality is that Evans, Lambert, and these players need to hang their heads in shame. They are in danger of phoning in an underwhelming failure of a season. With an inept owner, a failure of a manager, and a defeatist culture in this mediocre squad, I cannot see how we’re going to achieve promotion this season. We can’t even point to improved performances or a sign of a plan ... anything out on that pitch. We’re a pushover of a club. Get set for another year and more of third division football fellas, Jesus wept.

10. fieldmarshall

I'm so pissed off with this season, couldn't score v Rotherham, 1 goal from a defender v Lincoln, 1 goal from a pen v Peterborough, and couldn't v Sunderland despite dominating large parts of the game, that's 1 goal from open play in the last 4 games, our so called strikers are bloody useless, an embarrassment to themselves and our Club.
    The season before last we sold Webster for £4,50000, Waghorn for £9 M, Garner for £ 1, 250000, £ 1 M for the kid from the academy who went to Man City, and we received £ 450,000 from FIFA for Bart and Knudsen appearing in the World Cup, that's over £ 16 M income of which we spent very little and got McGoldrick off the wage bill, if these people who say " without Marcus putting in £ 7 M a year the Club would finished " honestly believe that B / S they are seriously deluded.

11. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

It’s not all down to the strikers to score goals. Jackson and Norwood are not getting minutes together, which is completely bonkers. Keane is not really a goal scorer, he’s more of a target man which tactically could be very useful sometimes. But we’re not using him that way.

I’m pissed off too but the only one to point the finger at is Evans for not helping Lambert in January with a few additions to boost the squad.

12. yorkiegit

yorkiegit Active Member

Wow I didn't realise that figure was so high
    Pretty much sums up everything Ipswich Town at the moment
    Difficult to see how we are able to turn things round this season or next season if I was being honest

13. fieldmarshall

I know it's not down to strikers to score goals, it doesn't matter who scores them they all count but that is their principal function, and that is why they were signed.
    I've been saying for years that Evans will destroy this Club, his appointments have been poor and his lack of financial backing disastrous, the writing was on the wall for me when he sacked Magilton and replaced him with a " name " Roy Keane, that went well and downhill from there.
    Along the way we have also sold Mings for £ 11M, Wickham £ 9 M, Cresswell £ 4 M, Murphy £ 3, 50000, Rhodes £ 800,000, and this season Bart for a reported £ 900,000, i cant remember what we sold Harrison for and I'm sure there's others I haven't remembered but that's another £ 29 M + right there.

14. yorkiegit

yorkiegit Active Member

Scary when you see it written down in black and white

15. fieldmarshall

I'm sure there's others we've received fees for as these were off the top of my head, but add the two together and that's £ 45 M + for players sold most of which we got for nothing or very little outlay, what's going on ? Good question anyone's guess.

16. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I don’t doubt that the club is losing money that even the transfer fees don’t offset. The problem for me is that the difference between League One and the Championship is a financial disaster. We could have spent an extra £2m or £3m in the window and that would have boosted our chances of getting back up. If we continue to cut everything to the bone the decline will continue and so will the debts and losses.

17. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Unfortunately until ME goes I really can’t see us breaking out of this downward spiral.

itfcptc, San Diego and fieldmarshall like this.
  18. Yorkiegit26

Yorkiegit26 Member

I get that, but have you considered what would happen if he did sell up. The problems we have at the moment are on the pitch, we have to ask ourselves are the players not good enough? is the manager totally clueless? or maybe a combination of both

so if we had a new owner would he be prepared to overhaul the squad (again) I mean we are talking about div. 1 for ****s sake not top European players
    would he appoint a new manager to oversee this bunch of new recruits, or does he stick with what we have got with just a couple of additions, if so then is there any point of changing owners. Any change at the top would involve another 'plan' which would take 3-4 years, time I feel we don't have, as the fans will soon get fed up with this and stay away ( I don't go to half as many games as I used to) and the club would crumble even further

I'm not saying we should encourage ME to stay, and I`m not saying all the criticism directed at players, manager and owner are unjustified, I`m just saying that I think it might be way too late for a rescue plan and can see no hope at all on the horizon

its all gone to **** really

19. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

In ten years we could have gone bust and found our way back into the football league again. At the moment it certainly doesn’t look like we will ever find our way back to the Premier League - we are looking at potentially decades of lower league football under Evans.

20. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

All fair points, but the truth of the matter is, something has to change. ME's five point plan is not really happening. Bar wolfy and downes, we dont have the hope of a decent group of kIds coming through, we dont have any other valuable players either.
    The managers we've recruited only seem to have a plan A, and there's no real sense of an identity on the pitch.
    We started off the season with fantastic results, because we were a new team in a bee division,..but 15-20 games on, we were found out and teams knew how to play against us.
    ME has professed that he's put so many millions into the club, so, to me, what difference would it make if he spent an additional 10m, on one spree. Get the best talent from L1 and L2, and see where that takes us.
    Nothing has changed, nothing is changing, and there is no light at the end of the tunnel.
    Pumping millions just ti keep us afloat and within FFP is just not good enough..
    We also need to lo0k at our scouting network (do we have one?) When was the last player we brought in from abroad? In the last ten years, I can only think of Knudsen..I'm.surr there are plenty out there.
    So, to sum up.. ME needs to sell up and give someone else the chance, so nee fresh ideas to move us forward.