1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sunderland takeover is OFF and was never on

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Rudekid, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Shearers Right Boot

Shearers Right Boot Well-Known Member

Probably why you're not the Dell bloke

2. Chunksafc

Chunksafc Guest

That a being a thick roofer

3. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

hey fella how’s things?

4. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

I assumed it was still ON as they have sacked the Manager while they sit in the Play-Off positions?
    To sack the Manager for perceived 'failure' at this early stage would be stupidity?

*warm glow

5. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Not if you're expecting immediate promotion in his first season and your squad is showing signs of missing out on play offs this season.

I've never heard of a deal between perspective owners that would conclude with "Oh btw you must sack your manager or this deal is off." That's utter nonsense to be honest with you.

If we were relegated this season and hired some Scottish no mark to get us promoted, we fail to get higher than play offs, and your second season you look to be repeating the same. All despite having arguably the best squad in the league and certainly being the biggest club, you'd expect that manager to be sacked.

I don't think a bid has even been lodged personally. I just don't think the investors found the funds they believed they had.

6. Welshie

He hasn't employed any billionaires to do anything. This is an investment group, a collective who have people who investigated possible money makers, things you buy cheap sell high later.

Dell is among this collective, however, all prior history of Dell shows he is heavily preoccupied with purchasing IT firms for billions of dollars. Not football clubs for millions which will barely break even.

So, from the sheer lack of movement on the deal, where a man worth 60 billion dollars can't get a deal worth at max a few hundred million over the line is clear evidence that Michael Dell will never ever be an interested party in Sunderland AFC.

So, why has it stalled? Likely the same reason that our deals stalled. Investors are skint. You see Dell and Ashley have actual jobs, which make them considerable amounts of cash. Most investors even the greats like Warren Buffett will be willing to admit that they don't have the physical transactsble cash which people believe. It's tied up in shares, properties and such.

So living their life they're comfortable, but to pay someone 350 mil, you need to find a bunch if people to support you.

7. Chunksafc

Chunksafc Guest

I never said Dell was part of it, neither is MSD (the company he uses to look after his investments)

The 3 men that have been talking to us work for MSD, there is a holding company set up listing them as directors with the registered office as Sunderland AFC. You cant register that address without the clubs permission. Feel free to check the companies house website.

Feel free to use Google to find out the reported wealth of the 3 men listed - disclaimer other search engines are available

Oh and just so you know, MSD invested a fair sum of money into the Miami Marlins baseball team, so its not just IT firms

8. Welshie

But the specific question was regarding Dell and I listed reasons I cannot see even a portion of his wealth being involved in this transaction.

I have seen the reported wealth of the three investors, a little poorer than Crystal Palace a little wealthier than Mike Ashley (That's all three combined.) We are discussing billions of dollars, someone being worth 2 or 4 billion is essentially arguing about monopoly wealth.

Have the Miami Marlins seen considerable improvements since their "fair sum" investment? It appears since 2012 the Marlins have accomplished nothing and appear to be what I would describe as a mediocre side.

I don't care about the three current investors, the man asked specifically about Dell. In short, I highly doubt he knows where Sunderland is.

9. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

What I meant was that a new owner maybe imminent and didn't want the 'dirty work' of sacking the Manager when they have their own choice of new Boss decided.

10. Rudekid

Rudekid Well-Known Member

more information leaking that the americans are no longer interested in the purchase or investment sunderland football club. this is from a reliable source too.

11. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

12. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Would be the best thing ever

13. Welshie

Knowing our luck he will get them straight into the prem.

14. Rudekid

looks like their new manager is some bloke called ainsworth from Wycombe ! I suspect the takeover is off and it made more sense to replace the manager before it becomes apparent it's off and the fans start causing trouble . I think as Ashley did they will now just say nothing for as long as possible to allow the fans to accept it and figure it out themselves.

15. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

who? <laugh>

Munson. likes this.
  16. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

Just had to Google Ainsworth as I don't follow Division 3 football, he looks like a complete sex offender

17. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

He does quite well with Wycombe on a tight budget. Plays fairly attacking. Only thing is he has been at one club where he was a club legend so got given plenty of grace. Similar to Rafa here. Although not a club legend his reputation cut him plenty of slack. I doubt Gareth Ainsworth has much credit in the bank already with Sunderland fans. Many would have had to google him.They finished 3 points above the relegation zone last year all said and done. Sounds like a risky appointment. They seem reluctant to just go and guarantee promotion by getting a manager you know will get you where you want to be. It was like us with Rafa. We paid way over the odds and spent way over the odds transfer wise for the Championship, but it got the job done. Their cheap-skating is keeping them down there and if they aren't careful too much time will pass and that will become their norm.

He has spent almost his entire playing career around that level though so he should know what it takes.

18. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

Their owners are skint though aren't they?

19. Ian Hesford’s Mop

We’ll be back, Mark my words.

We will need the six points from you lot though.

20. Rudekid

If the takeover is off I sense you might be waiting a decade.