1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sunderland H thoughts

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Sep 23, 2017.

1. whitestallionblue73

whitestallionblue73 Active Member

Its unreal, like a parallel universe :rolleyes: But great credit to Mick. Lots of negativity regarding our chances at the start of the season, but at this rate looks at least top 10 is a realistic target at the very least.<peacedove>

2. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

Can we swap managers now then <laugh>

3. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Fair play Mick, this is more like it.

Sounds like one of if not the best performance I've heard from Town since Micks been there. For the first time ever it sounded like our midfield actually dominated play, I've never heard that from Town under Mick before. Keep it up and I might change my mind!!

4. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

Just got in from the match and I've had to have a large Scotch, I can't believe that I've watched a fantastic display of attacking football with no weak links on the pitch.
    Great display, great teamwork, great attitude, it's a world away from last seasons dross.

5. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

This performance must be dedicated to you FM for you are the ultimate Town supporter. <applause> You've deserved this result and performance tonight and I'm so pleased that you were there to witness it. <ok>

6. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  7. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Skuse sounded like he dominated the midfield and set the tempo, something he's clearly been capable of but never done. More performances like this even if the results don't always go our way and town fans will start coming back to PR and wanting to spend their hard earned cash on going to watch them

8. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Great result, just shows what can happen when you set a team up to go and attack!
    Still hate MM and want him gone tho!

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  9. fieldmarshall

Thanks Johnny if we carry on at this rate I will have to buy a season ticket after all, I don't know whether you've seen the highlights but it was no fluke and the players I've slagged off all pitched in with cracking performances, it was quality all the way even McGeadies goal for Sunderland was brilliant.
    It's going to take a long time to get the crowds back but now we've got the players up front to convert chances it's a start.

10. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0125-mmm: Something about Tuesday nights this season...

It seems like Mick is as well :emoticon-0165-muscl

Long may it continue as well.. We have a group of players well suited to the style Mick wants to play and some options going forward. 2 signings in particular looked like they've changed us massively.

Adayemi - Physicality in the middle and covers so much ground, even allowing Skuse to get involved and move the ball around like an actual footballer.
    Garner - Gives us something to work off in the final 3rd and helps bring others into play. Such an upgrade on Pitman and Douglas and compliments the rest of the squad superbly.. Then you add in Waghorn and we have a very potent attacking unit this season <cheers>

Though Mick will be livid about conceding twice :emoticon-0107-sweat

11. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Wasn't at the game last night, but I wished I bought a ticket now! Sunderland are in poor form but still have big-name players and are opposition we traditionally seem to struggle against. Last season we were guilty of not winning games against weaker clubs, so what a contrast this start of the season has been! I didn't offer a prediction before the Sunderland match, but I was expecting a dour draw.

While some clubs in this division has blown millions on individual strikers, we've got both Garner and Waghorn for a combined fee of £1m. I've often moaned about how we need to spend money to stay competitive in this division, and that may still apply, but if we continue investing this wisely, we should have a far better season compared to last time! Of course doing things on the cheap hasn't always been beneficial to us, and Mick's transfer record has been mixed while at Portman Road, but we've appeared to have purchased wisely this summer and our academy is starting to bear fruit again following Klug's return.

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  12. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Have yourself a double next time!

fieldmarshall likes this.
  13. Southcoastoldgaffer

Hear hear!! Supporters like you, and others on here, who turn up to watch game after game, dross, rubbish, dreadful uninspiring performances, give unstinting support and are the ears, eyes and mouths for rest of us!

We have a team once again, to cheer our spirits and hopefully progress to top 4 or top 6 on a regular basis.

14. fieldmarshall

I think you've got it in one gaffer " we have a team once again.. " The crowd last night was disappointing but everyone was talking excitedly about the match on the way out of PR last night instead of the drone of disappointment especially last season and as you say it really did cheer our spirits.
    Now I'm sure we will know defeat and disappointment this season but good attacking displays hopefully will mean we don't feel the despair of last season.
    I don't know whether MMs a good Championship manager or not, maybe its a question of having some decent players to work with and players with aggression to channel after all Garner could start a fight in solitary, Waggy never stops running and is usually on hand to try and finish the move, McG is revelling playing just behind the front players using his brains as well as his skills its great to see, Skues is actually moving forward and playing accurate cross field 35 yard passes to wide men, I don't know whats caused this but MM must have something to do with it, lets hope this continues.

15. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

An excellent display yesterday.
    Had the match on a massive screen whilst I was setting up a general session in the ballroom and couldn't believe what I was watching.
    We were very good.

16. Southcoastoldgaffer

"Garner could start a fight in solitary" love it! Are you a journo, scriptwriter FM?!

17. Southcoastoldgaffer

The wonders & surprises of our talents on here. SD organising dancing, twinkling the ivories perhaps, or toe-tapping an afternoon tea dancing session.

I am now wetting my lips and thinking about a journey up Suffolk some time.

18. johnnywarksmoustache

That will sure put the Kaibosh on things Gaffer! <laugh>

19. Southcoastoldgaffer

Ha ha, Warky! I look forward to taking that Adnams pint off you mate!

20. johnnywarksmoustache

You'll have a job Gaffer they don't do Adnams any more its back to that Greene King muck!!