1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sunderland AFC in Africa.

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Nads, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

It will happen mate, just need people in Sunderland to offer and help with a few phone calls and the collection points, if i was there i would do it myself, I have sent a message via e mail to the sunderland P.O. NO REPLY THEY MUST HAVE ME MARKED IN JUNK MAIL, will keep trying things though.

2. Norway

Norway Well-Known Member

Ok guys, just got message back from UPS, and it looks like a non starter. For a box 30 X 30 X 20cm (12"X12"x8") weighing around 3 kilo, it will cost around £320 to send from Norway. So I think the thing to do is send it by post but put second hand /used goods on the parcel with a low value say £5

3. jerseymackem

jerseymackem Active Member

What if everyone sends to a single address (in England, or wherever post to Africa's cheapest) and send the whole lot in bulk? Maybe SAFC could sponsor us?

4. Norway

Norway Well-Known Member

Think the problem is that no-one wants, or is able to co-ordinate it. And whoever does, ends up paying the postage. BruceysBeak has tried to contact SAFC but no response, Possibly others have as well but nothing. I will have another parcel to send next week, but thought about contacting the Sunderland Echo, see if they were interested in helping out....good PR for them. But if you have ANYTHING, just send it to the address further up on this page, the postage will only cost the same as a couple of pints, unless you've got a huge parcel...that will cost a little more.

5. jerseymackem

jerseymackem Active Member

I assure you, my parcel is huge :D

6. Norway

Norway Well-Known Member

Bragging again?

7. sunderland afc keroche

two shirt red and white,two black short,red socks two pair of boots....................what a beautiful sunder land kits we wish to have our whole team wearing those beautiful gears cant wait to see a pics of two boys wearing those kits in this site,thank u thank u..................................................

8. Makemstine Roger

Get it sent to kenya than mate

9. ThaiCat-Ray

ThaiCat-Ray Member

Ballin, guys.....couldn't stay long in Banggers on return from work, and now at home - miles away.
    What's the latest with this great plan?
    And don't know when next to Banggers - but keep this venture alive!
    Cheers.

10. Ballin' Boy

Ballin' Boy Member

Things have passed me by Ray, so I have no idea.

11. sunderland afc keroche

hello friend sunderland afc keroche is preparing to play in a big league from next month

12. sunderland afc keroche

the boys wept when i gave the those gears sent to us by one of our friend here,the kits are soo beautiful, so original and soo unique,we hope very soon the whole team will be wearing those beautiful kits,two short,two shirt,three pair of socks,two playing boots,

13. sunderland afc keroche

the problem is when those kits were sent we had to pay 50 pounds to postal office so we can collect them,i know someone there have idea of how those gears can be sent without us paying extra cost,out team have 26 youths who have never earned any penny they are jobless,other are students and 6 of them are reformed drug addict if you friends knows any other way to get the with out other cost we will be grateful,we look forward to have our own gyan and we have a player by the name Francis irungu who have been our top scorer for 2 years now,he adore gyan and wears number 3,we are praying to you friends because its sad to say that we live in poverty,many dont afford meals,clothes are torn,other have never wore shoes,but in soccer they have found solace,with your help and our determination discipline and hardworking plus vision we will make it

14. sunderland afc keroche

what we have achieved so far is the player are disciplined,they know how to organize them self as far as training is concerned,we had boys who were addicted to drugs but am proud to say they are responsible men now,last year we lost one boy who was launched after been caught stealing his friends are reformed now,again with your help we will go far

15. Norway

Norway Well-Known Member

Hang in there SAFC Keroche, I'm sure with Muffdivers help with the Sunderland ECHO, we will find a way of dribbling round this. Keep the faith mate, you will probably be pleasantly suprised. Also Rog , is looking at the post office charges.

Keep the lads playing well, we may need a few of them the way this season is going

16. Norway

Norway Well-Known Member

Ballin',
    Any ideas on this post office thing? could the church or part of the club register for a charity status? It is quite expensive posting from our end, but to expect the reciever to have to pay twice as much is just ridiculous

17. Ballin' Boy

Ballin' Boy Member

Given the Posta is a poorly run and inefficient organisation, headed by a dubious former Police Commissioner, I doubt they'll do anything to help. The only chance we have is if this project manages to become high profile.

18. Makemstine Roger

Thats **** news i feel as if im banning my head against a wall, up to date my emails have been ignored, im fresh out of ideas of how to keep the cost down on thier end.

19. sunderland afc keroche

tomorrow Sunday we will be walking for about 15km for our first game this month,boys are ready for the match and we hope to depart very early so we can get some hours to relax.one day all this problem will come to an end

20. sunderland afc keroche

On Sunday keroche youth football club won their first match beating Malcolm afc 2-1,our mother team sunderland also won in England something we are proud of despite all those injuries