1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Sunday 2nd. October 2022

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Oct 1, 2022.

1. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

That's the problem with 'wheelbarrow jobs', very often one is left with just the empty wheelbarrow?
    Well, that's better than my efforts today, not even left with an old wheelbarrow to flog. :emoticon-0101-sadsm Never mind, life goes on. <laugh> :bandit:

2. You See

You See Well-Known Member

Looked a cracking bet but thats why i said dare i say it , when i pressed post i think i stuck the nail in the coffin . I have yet to see any racing today so can not make up any excuses yet , but i posted early yesterday so it may be the conditions . We will have to start the empty wheelbarrow club !

SwanHills likes this.
  3. gazboy

gazboy Well-Known Member

Congrats ro Luke Morris and Sir Mark. I'm sue hell still be telling the handicapper it's a 75 rated Wolverhampton plodder <badger><badger><badger>i was on ryan

QuarterMoonII likes this.
  4. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Well-Known Member

In summary:
    4th.
    Evita Du Mesnil 2nd (nk). SP 28/1.

The Platinum Queen won.

5. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Reading way after the fact, thanks for posting but as I was not having a bet in the race and did not think that it would win if it had run. I was just backing up the point that I made about how the bookies were opposing fancied British/Irish runners.

I would not have touched either of the big two year old races as nothing in either race ticked enough boxes to qualify as a betting prospect.

Your selection in the Marcel Boussac, Ardent, gave you a run for your money until the sprint developed in the straight; but nobody could live with the winner, Blue Rose Cen, that obviously loved the ground.

PNkt likes this.
  6. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Gutted – second year running that my horse was caught on the line in the Prix de l’Opéra. Even more of a sickener that the 66/1 shot (British odds) that beat it was the one I backed when it was beaten in the Prix Saint Alary.

I think Nashwa was too fresh; Hollie was forced to go to the front because there was no pace and Nashwa just failed to get home on the heavy ground, getting caught by Place Du Carrousel finishing down the outside.

I was delighted for Richard Fahey that The Platinum Queen won the Abbaye, giving Hollie a winner after the disappointment 35 minutes earlier.

Ron likes this.