1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sunday 20th November Daily Thread

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by heisenburg, Nov 20, 2011.

1. heisenburg

heisenburg Well-Known Member

Exeter: Good to soft, soft in places
    First race: 1.00

Towcester: Good
    First race: 12.45

Punchestown: Soft, soft to heavy in places
    First race: 12.40

1st things 1st

Text from Our Willie

"Listen Dano, So Young goes for the 2m 6f conditions hurdle. He has won here and will handle the testing conditions. This trip won’t be a problem as he has always shaped like a real stayer. Despite the fact that this is his 1st run of the season, we will be disappointed if he is not involved at the business end today, and we wont be doing Carbs any favours and letting him win his book race, i'll tellya that dano, any ways the fly's out but the stars will shine, Thousand Stars runs in the Morgiana Hurdle over 2 miles. This trip will suit and he will handle the soft ground. This is his first run back but he seems in very good form and should run a big race. Also we are hoping for a nice run back from Not For Converting in the 2m 4f maiden hurdle. This trip will be no problem but he would prefer better ground. We have two in the 2 mile handicap hurdle. Dare To Doubt has a lot of weight (bit like ya fella RV) for a mare and this is her first time in a handicap. Strain Of Fame will now be ridden by Paul Townend and, though this wouldn’t be his favoured ground, he has a real racing weight and must have a squeak.
    Make Your Mark has his first run for us in the bumper. He won a point to point on good ground but, being by Beneficial, he should handle these conditions. He is a nice sort and we expect him to run very well here, IN FACT YA GALOOT THIS WINS, so there ya have it we win 3 today you choose, give my best to oddy, them frankfurters were the dogs bollocks (were they ?), keep it up big fella and stay frosty"

Very wordy to day willie but he knows his onions at Punch Town

Meanwhile back home the fat northern boys go south !!!!!!!

Richie defies the penalty and poor finish to score a hat trick today on Shernaz 14:15 Tow(ie)
    Glee gets the Leader of the Gang in the frame (what happened to that Gary Glitter) 15.45 Tow(ie)

James has two decent EW shouts with Sangfroid 13:30 (s)EXE(y) & Greywell Boy 15:00 (s)EXE(y) (hope he knows his way home and keeps off the scrumpy)

Stay Frosty

2. rainbowview

rainbowview Well-Known Member

Danbo <laugh> quality mate <ok>

put this one up on fugees last neet

3.10 Punchestown - OUR GIRL SALLEY 16/1 E.W ( BOG ) (NAP)

I really do feel this one is massively overpriced at around the 16/1 mark tomorrow. I am willing to forget her run last time out when finishing last of 6 as she travelled well for a long way before fading and was well looked after by her jockey, I am hoping she just needed the run. Prior to this she had finished lame when running 6th in a grade 2 hurdle at Fairyhouse, this was still a respectable effort considering she had a valid excuse. Before that effort the selection had won 5 on the spin including 2 listed hurdles with decent rivals well hammered including the likes of Shop DJ and For Bill. Obviously she runs off top weight here but I do still feel she has the potential to be better than a 135 hurdler and I am hoping for a massive run tomorrow

3. heisenburg

RV, think Our Sal has a great chance of a place
    Despite what wilie says, Carberry has a great shout of a treble on the launch of his book day
    Fully Funded 12.40
    Monastrell 13;10
    Donnas Palm 13.40

all have great chances of winning

4. rainbowview

Hope she runs well <ok>

I like Monastrell and Donnas Palm myself and will probs end up backing them but SO YOUNG is a fantastic horse think he was over the top on his latest run - really looking forward to seeing today and rest of season. Tempted to take some the 38 on betfair for world hurdle but always get put off by Big Bucks <laugh>

5. Zenyatta

Zenyatta Active Member

You can always back-to-lay if you expect him to shorten but don't think he can beat Big Buck's. I did the same with Grandouet yesterday . . .

6. rainbowview

Zenyatta - tempted but not sure what the plans are for the season. He is starting off over 2m6f today so would imagine if he is going to be a festival horse again next year the world hurdle will be the target. Not much money knocking around on betfair for him though only like £10 available at 38s might take it and see what happens

7. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

Today -

Minella Stars - "He came here having won two point-to-points the previous year. He won nicely on his debut for us at Hereford in January and it was nice to get a hurdles win out of him as he is a staying chaser in the making. His jumping is good and he stays all day so we will be looking for some long-distance novice chases for him. Weekender 05/10/11" "Was a big strong baby last season and so we made sure we looked after him and he had just the two runs. I&#8217;m sure this patient approach will be rewarded when he goes novice chasing this season. He&#8217;ll be suited by 3m on soft ground and goes to Exeter on Wednesday if it&#8217;s soft enough - 07/11/11"

Flaming Gorge - good run last time and is obviously fit and raring to go.

Baseball Ted - "He did well last season winning three times at Exeter, Leicester and Newbury and despite rising from 103 to 125 he can still be competitive. He made his seasonal return at Carlisle last month when running a blinder to be second behind Quicuyo and again did really well at Ascot last weekend in a 2m Listed race. I think he would have preferred much softer ground, which we will find for him next, and I will possibly drop him slightly in grade as well. - Weekender 31/10/11"

8. CHIEF MECHANIC

CHIEF MECHANIC Active Member

WILLIE MUGGINS talks thru his backside

9. rainbowview

Morning Chiefy <ok> get the beers in <cheers>

10. heisenburg

only Muggles disblieve the Mug Miester

how ya doing Digger

11. Zenyatta

Zenyatta Active Member

You'd have thought that starting him off over 2m6f on soft/heavy ground would suggest that they are thinking the staying route.

He's definitely an interesting one. I remember the rumours before Cheltenham that he had worked all over Quevega giving her a stone and he was backed like defeat was out of the question. In the end it didn't quite fall his way but he's clearly smart and highly regarded.

Good to see him back and hope he moves on from his promising first season over the sticks.

12. rainbowview

really looking forward to seeing SO YOUNG in the opener at Punchestown - no bet at the price (1-2) but have had a bit of the 37-1 available on betfair for the World Hurdle. I think he is a class act and hopefully he can win today although he will improve for the outing

MONASTRELL 1.10 Punchestown 6/1 (BOG)

With Chiefy on this today. I really liked the way he jumped last time out and is the one that looks open to further improvement in this field. He will probably need to better his bare form to follow up his Naas win but I would like to think he could keep improving especially looking at his connections.

DONNAS PALM 1.40 Punchestown 9/4 (BOG)

Donnas Palm was a high class hurdler on his day and made a great start to his chasing career when winning comfortably at Wexford last month. He is a strong travelling type and I am hopeful he will have too much class for the short priced fav Last Installment

OSCARS WELL 2.10 Punchestown 2/1 (BOG)

A four runner renewal of the Morgiana hurdle this afternoon but it still promises to be a good race between Thousand Stars,Oscars Well and Pittoni as Akatara will easily be outclassed here. Thousand Stars currently heads the market at 7/4 but I do feel he is a better horse over further distances than 2m and whilst I do feel he is the class act in the field I am going to take a chance on Oscars Well this afternoon. He was a top novice hurdler last season and shaped with plenty of promise at Down Royal on his reappearance. I expect him to be fitter this afternoon and hopefully he will have too much for Thousand Stars and Pittoni today.

THYMELESS 12.45 Towcester 50/1 E.W (BOG)

This is probably a no hoper but Thymeless ran in a fair bumper first time out and hasn't been seen since. She was held up towards the rear that day and never got involved and may well be more of a handicap project. However the yard remain in cracking form and I wouldn't be surprised to see this one run a much bigger race than the odds suggest she will

13. Dexter

Dexter Well-Known Member

Hello lads.

Nothing for me today (yet,still perusing) except a slow roasted lamb shoulder washed down with a big bottle of Pesquera...or two even!

14. rainbowview

Dex enjoy mate <ok>

So Young very impressive

15. heisenburg

Take it won easily as willie said RV
    Cant get commentry for punch town at work

16. rainbowview

Liked that run from Thymeless actually - gave me a run for money at big odds. Won on the bridle Danbo <ok>

17. heisenburg

11 lengths SL results say so must have been walk in the park

18. Dexter

Dexter Well-Known Member

<cheers> RV....So Young very impressive,hack canter.

Nice win from Jonjo's at Towcester as well...big scopey chaser of the future.

19. rainbowview

1.00 Exeter - FAR FROM BLONDE 8/1 (BOG)

A poor handicap hurdle to start the race at Exeter but one that could be very well handicapped is the Paul Nicholls trained Far From Blonde. She is not going to be anything decent but a lay off of over 600 days means her mark has slipped to 98 here and I am sure Paul Nicholls will have her fit enough to run a big race.

20. heisenburg

Monastrell at Punch