1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Sunday 1st. December 2019

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Nov 30, 2019.

1. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

He got what they thought was a career ending injury, but has recovered and is back in training now. There's after been a little support for next year's champion hurdle for him already if I recall an article from a month or so ago. Talented horse, highly strung though.

2. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

Samcro looked to be going very well when falling there however Fakir was giving him (and the others) a lesson in jumping. Very impressed with how it took the fences

3. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Awesome display of jumping from Fakir - looks all over an Arkle horse to me. Hope to see him back over 2 miles next.

4. As We Know

As We Know 1 of the top judges in Europe

Samco was about to win on the snaff, cut for the JLT unsurprisingly. Doesnt take much to get these bookies slashing all over the shop.

5. As We Know

I wouldnt be entertaining Fakir Doudaries in the Arkle, a hollow win, he was about to be left standing by a horse that needs 3 miles :emoticon-0136-giggl

but seriously, we know Samcro does not have elite 2 miles speed and was losing a lot of ground with jumping, and was still cantering all over Fakir, hes just not a top class horse and id have a line through him for Cheltenham and will probably be exposed in the leopardstown race at Christmas anyway

6. As We Know

Oddschecker expert Andy Holding tipped Midnight Run today, speed figures over jumps <rofl>

"Bookmakers were never likely to offer any fancy odds about Envoi Allen given how well Gordon Elliot’s Champion Bumper winner scored on hurdles debut, but at the same time, the speed figure he posted wasn’t anything to get too excited about, so he’s passed over on value grounds in favour of MIDNIGHT RUN (best price 8-1), who did post a decent number at Cork last time."

The race Midnight Run won was a test of stamina with a strong gallop all the way on soft ground, he just stayed on as the others folded, the front 3 had pulled miles clear from a long way out, no idea whos speed figures he was using, maybe it was the RPR as they also gave him him a stupid rating for that run.

7. smokethedeadbadger

Get the **** in!

stick, CaptainPops, attivo and 8 others like this.
  8. smokethedeadbadger

Just one more for me today and its an each way bet. In the 3:10 Mullins has 5 runners including the top 3 in the market but I'm taking my chance with Mister Blue Sky 16/1 (5 places). Fairly consitent, back down in trip which looks like a positive move and a very good Jockey onboard.

9. SaveTheHumans

Great shout. Rousted along for a while, found plenty and even could afford a lax jump towards the end to still get up on top at the end. Nice one.

smokethedeadbadger likes this.
  10. SaveTheHumans

That was very nicely done by Honeysuckle. 6 runs and 6 wins under rules without being troubled once. Very exciting mare.

11. smokethedeadbadger

Agreed, looked very good and very fluent at the hurdles apart from the last

12. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Hopefully she'll run somewhere other than Fairyhouse next time - maybe Leopardstown over Christmas? As low as 8/1 for the Champion Hurdle <yikes>

13. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

8/1 to turn up surely?

14. SaveTheHumans

They must feel she needs right handed tracks as her only other visit was at Thurles. All guesswork on my part but could we possibly see her stay in Ireland and head for Punchestown in the spring, it will come to the point they must go left handed at some point though given she's beating all before her with relative ease.

15. Ste D

Ste D Well-Known Member

They can always run her at Laytown, that's a pretty straight track!

16. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yuk, worse than I thought. Seems like he was lucky considering. Can't see him being got ready for Cheltenham now.

17. Grendel

Grendel Well-Known Member

Not sure about Honeysuckle. Apples Jade has looked poor this season. Bacardys had been on the decline in the ratings, down to 152 but when beating Apples Jade he suddenly got a boost back to 157. That always sets alarm bells off for me because I think it far more likely that the beaten horse ran worse than the assessor can stomach, so they raise the winner instead.

Bacardy's was well whipped by Honeysuckle, supporting the thinking that he hadn't improved 5lbs out of the blue. Hard to believe that Apples Jade was 7/4 Fav for last season's Champion Hurdle. Her best form was over further and much of it in weak races. She regularly used to beat up Supasundae but for all the bluster about his form with Buveur D'air, he's hardly a legend. Most of the form through those horses has been at further than 2 miles and they were/are hardly speedsters. The obvious concern for Honeysuckle is going to Cheltenham on opening day and coping with the drop to 2 miles and taking on faster/better horses than Bacardys. You could probably sink a few Bacardis by the time he gets round.

18. the don

the don Well-Known Member

Three miles could suit Samcro better – Elliott

19. As We Know

Could it? You said it needed 3 miles.