1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Sunday 18th. Nov. 2018

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Nov 17, 2018.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

Sunday's Meetings

Punchestown
    N/H 8 Races 12:05-3:55p.m.
    Cork
    N/H 7 Races 12:15-3:40p.m.
    Fontwell
    N/H 7 Races 12:25-3:50p.m.
    Cheltenham
    N/H 6 Races 1:15-4:00p.m.

Racecards
    At The Races

Racing Post
    Sporting Life

Good Luck <ok>

2. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

i'm sure Stick will have a view on this , Shanroe Santos at fontwell , leighton in the plate , good run lto , sure he's no win machine , but an ew bet to nothing surely if that's your style !

3. stick

stick Bumper King

I do indeed. He has bags of talent but has been held back by sloppy jumping throughout his chasing career. He did improve gradually throughout last season, indeed Jennys Surprise beat him off a 5lb lower mark this time last year. I would actually prefer a different jockey as I think a regular pilot can be a negative for a horse that isnt the soundest of jumpers. Not obviously well handicapped for me.
    That said, this isnt a classic Southern National.

rudebwoy likes this.
  4. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

fair points and sloppy jumping is not something that wins races usually , interesting view on regular jockeys though , change is good as a rest , i suppose loyalties play a part in these things , either way , i'm hoping he makes the frame !

stick likes this.
  5. floridaspearl

floridaspearl Well-Known Member

Verdana blue to hose up today and go on and win the champion hurdle. Not an ante post punter myself but get on before the race the price will get slashed.

6. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

That’s quite a statement!

floridaspearl likes this.
  7. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

I agree she hoses up today Florida, as does Sceau Royal.

I suspect you will only see Verdana Blue in the Champion Hurrdle if we have plenty of good in the going description........... and Simon Claisse will make sure that doesn’t happen.

8. OddDog

Staff Member

Best Sunday racing I have seen for a very long time <ok>

9. OddDog

Staff Member

What are we thinking for the High Sherrif’s bumper stick? I’m struggling to rule one out at the moment, never mind pick the winner. I like Ribble Valley but the yard form puts me off, same comment for Hold The Note with Channon not exactly banging in the winners.

Maybe the Hobbs horse Thyme Hill is the answer. The form of his Worcester bumper win isn’t working out at all well but he could do no more than win. Fav too short for me.

10. floridaspearl

Lalor for kaley woollacott would be the story of the day after her husbands untimely death at such a young age in the 1.50 a tough looking contest and I’m finding it hard to pick the winner.

11. floridaspearl

Master debonair in the bumper for me.

CaptainPops, Pilgrim and OddDog like this.
  12. stick

stick Bumper King

Two surprises for me in this post Bumper Prince. Firstly that you are looking any further than past Wating Patiently's half brother and secondly that you dont give a mention to your mercurial old pal Unwin VC.
    When you look at this sort of race I always feel you want horses that have shown their form at the Grade One tracks.
    It was impossible to not be impressed by McFabulous on debut at Chepstow so while I always look to get a favourite beaten I cant look beyond him and therefore risk a shallacking from Pops for the second day running!
    Talking Waiting Patiently. Do we have any insight regarding his campaign this season?

13. OddDog

Staff Member

I did look long and hard at Unwin VC mate but I think stamina is his game - 2 wins on testing ground and by Black Sam Bellamy (best-known progeny The Giant Bolster and Sam Spinner) out of an Alflora mare just screams soft ground stayer to me. I think he'll be outpaced today.

I agree with you on the Nicholls horse and he may well hose up but his price is poor value IMHO and that is reflected by the lack of market support this morning so I prefer to look elsewhere <ok>

I haven't seen anything definitive on Waiting Patiently but I could imagine them looking very seriously at the King George with him.(this is currently his only entry). I guess they will want to get a run into him beforehand, maybe the Grade 2 1965 Chase at Ascot next Saturday?

Pilgrim and stick like this.
  14. stick

stick Bumper King

I agree re Unwin VC that he may need it bottomless. The positive today though is they are likely to go a very decent clip. He has yanked his head off for the first mile in both races so far. If he gets a good gallop he may well settle better and only good animals win their penalty bumpers!

I really like DEYRANN DE CARJAC in the Greatwood today. Getting bundles of weight from the likes of Verdana Blue. If you look at his form with Pym he is around 12lbs well in with any amount of improvement still to come. Skybet 10/1 6 places!

OddDog and Pilgrim like this.
  15. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Well-Known Member

Charli Parcs for me 12/1 e/w

16. mallafets123

mallafets123 Well-Known Member

Mohaayid at 22s for me.

17. stick

stick Bumper King

Age of last ten Greatwood winners;
    4yo = 3
    5yo = 5
    6yo = 1
    7yo = 1

The only reason for sharing this the obvious fact that to win this race you simply MUST be open to improvement.
    Interestingly the avg OR is 140.6 so ideally you want a horse that has achieved a good deal already but still with scope!

18. NDS

NDS Well-Known Member

Gordon Elliott has said they'll take a look at the ground after the first race but isn't hopeful that samcro will run.

In the first I'm on the skelton horse ew. Solo saxophone

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

19. mallafets123

mallafets123 Well-Known Member

I followed you in for a tenner on Solo Saxophone, good run in the fred winter at chelters last year, should be there abouts.

20. jumpsfan

jumpsfan Well-Known Member

hi fellas!

fontwell,12 25:

a weak looking handicap to start off,but a tentative vote goes to NO NO JULIET,who could run well at a big price.she is surely better off in handicaps now,after facing some tough opponents so far in novice hurdles,and can be competitive off this mark..