1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Sunday 13th. September 2020

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Well-Known Member

Watch by stream.

2. mallafets123

mallafets123 Well-Known Member

Itv3 is a 2pm start.

3. Grendel

Grendel Well-Known Member

I have backed Master Of The Seas for the 2000 Guineas and he needs to win today to make that a feasible scenario.

Battleground and Master Of The Seas have a similar level of form and I couldn't be favouring one over the other on the basis of their wins over the declining Devious Company, who has been badly placed since then. Both colts have holes in their form but I feel Master Of The Seas reads slightly better. Lucky Vega has the highest rating but he was beaten by Laws Of Indices before comprehensively turning it around next time. I would like to have seen The Lir Jet run again to reinforce the form and I have a suspicion the form may just have been overrated and there is a slight question with the 7F trip given that the form has a sprint look to it. Lucky Vega will be short for the 2000 Guineas if he wins today but I would question whether a mile will be his game next season.

Battleground will be skinnier still with a win today and he will have no issue with a mile. It is possible he could lose narrowly today and still look loke the more probable type for Newmarket. He did win a Royal Ascot race that was probably a lot weaker than a normal renewal in a topsy-turvy season though and I have a feeling he needs to show improved form to win today. He has just been declared a non-runner, so that simplifies matters.

Master Of The Seas also needs to come forward and normally I would be worried that he has been off two months but this was always the plan and the trainer said they were surprised by what he has done so soon, because they felt he was a horse for the autumn and would come on with time. With only two runs I feel he has plenty of scope and when I saw him last time he reminded me of Quorto, who was right on track to win a Guineas before injury ended his career.

With Battleground out I played Master Of The Seas at 9/4 and hope he enhances his Guineas chances.

That is the colt officially double jinxed now. Sorry.

In the Moyglare Shale is desperately weak. I expect Pretty Gorgeous to confirm form from their last meeting even though I suspect that Joseph's filly will need a mile to be at her absolute best this season. I backed her for the 1000 Guineas at 20/1 and the Oaks at 40/1, even though the latter race could be too far. We did see how weak a race the Oaks can be this year though and Love would probably have won that if it had been two miles.

I did the forecast for Pretty Gorgeous to beat Shale because I don't like the look of the Round Tower race that Teresa Mendoza was runner-up in last time.

3.40 Curragh Pretty Gorgeous/Shale SF

4.10 Curragh Master Of The Seas 9/4

4. stick

stick Bumper King

Oh dearie me, would surely have gone extremely close if the kid hadn’t steered him into trouble. Room up the inside to make his challenge but he showed his inexperience. The risk you take with claimers huh.

5. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

"235 Couldn't resist a cheeky ew at 60-1 on Amma Grace"

Happy enough with that :)

6. As We Know

As We Know 1 of the top judges in Europe

Some price Cayenne Pepper 6/1 this morning, and good boost for Tarnawa in the Vermielle.

7. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

I've only just noticed Stradivarius is running later on over 1m 4f at Longchamp. Arc prep?

8. As We Know

arc pipedream

mallafets123 likes this.
  9. dylanthomas

dylanthomas Active Member

Go on ya girl ya

10. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

you need to post a ticket showing 25 quid each way

11. As We Know

The Derby winner running in his next race, a G1 and Obrien says hes just ready to start out, will come on for the run... Hope it gets properly stuffed.

12. As We Know

This is the only race this weekend that can produce an Arc contender imo, the other races are irrelevant re the Arc.

Rouget is dreaming with Raabihah, shes a no hoper.

13. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Very skinny price today too

14. As We Know

agree, ive backed Anthony Van Dyck

15. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

A good win for Cayenne Pepper in the Blandford but One Voice ran like a drain...

Looking on Oddschecker, Cayenne Pepper is still 25/1 for the Prix de l’Opera in one place but generally around 6/1 or 8/1.

The ground looks quite quick at Longchamp but that may not be to the advantage of Stradivarius because we know he needs a test of stamina.

16. As We Know

Had a feeling this race would suit Mogel but hes just so inconsistent I couldnt bring myself to back him, travelled all over them in the Voltigeur and found zilch.

No arc contenders there.

English King looks a world hurdle horse.

17. As We Know

Serpentine <laugh>

cant believe some were questioning whether he stole the derby or not, it was daylight robbery

18. mallafets123

mallafets123 Well-Known Member

Worst Derby ever?

19. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

I am not sure much can be read into the Grand Prix de Paris.

Mogul
    : only previous win this year the Group 3 Gordon Stakes, well beaten in the Great Voltigeur.

In Swoop
    : previous performance was third in the Prix Greffulhe where a blanket would have covered the first half dozen home.

Gold Trip
    : won the Prix Greffulhe and was then out with the washing in the Prix Du Jockey Club.

Serpentine
    : give Aidan O’Blarney five minutes then count the number of times he says “listen” and the horse needed the race and he will come on for that. <laugh>

20. As We Know

In Swoop won the German Derby QM, I backed him at 14s last week.

QuarterMoonII likes this.