1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Summer Transfers

Discussion in 'Watford' started by HaslemereKev, Apr 27, 2011.

1. HaslemereKev

HaslemereKev Well-Known Member

Is Mackail-Smith defintiely out of contract? Didn't they turn down a multi-million pound offer from Norwich in January? WOuld be surprised if they did if he is so close to the end of his contract!

We do have the £5k a week pay structure, and expect we will stick pretty tight to that under the new ownership as well. Hopefully players will see what is happening on the pitch and think it is a good place to come... for youngsters as well as the more experienced player!

2. Hornette_TID

Hornette_TID Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Haven't we offered for him before?

3. Elixir69

Elixir69 Member

Yes I did mean Jermaine Beckford, I was in a hurry to post!

CMS - didn't Norwich come in for him in the loan window and offer £300k + a bundle of add ons? We can't compete with that.

Mutch - Yes please to a loan - Permanent, we couldn't afford even a tribunal fee (+ wages).

Luke Young - we have plenty of right backs, and he aint a left back (no left foot). Plus I've never rated him anyway.

There will be loads of players up for grabs, but its a matter of spotting the quality.

4. LuxWFC

LuxWFC Member

Well I saw an article stating that he is out of contract in the Summer...

I also know that Norwich put a bid in...but it was a loan + option to buy him. I would assume that if Norwich were to get promoted then they wouldn't look to get him anyway.

Peterborough have their own promotion hopes and CMS has been key to that this season. The chairman is also quite passionate....so I could imagine him being turning offers down.....

You guys are also assuming that we have nothing to spend. Right now that seems likely....but we don't know enough about the new owners to say that....and if players leave we might have something to spend.

5. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

I saw somewhere that posh wont let him go for less than 3m! mind you if we get 10m for Danny it might be on!
    also remember reading somewhere that MM will get 30-40% of sales for players!

6. LuxWFC

LuxWFC Member

Hopefully Young leaves in the Summer....even if it was just £15m it would be enough for us to get 1 or 2 decent players....

7. Norwayhornet

Me too Moose, me too,that would be a most welcome windfall, but I doubt if MM would see any of it!

8. Hornette_TID

Hornette_TID Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We could have some useful money coming in, that's for sure, i just hope we spend wisely..not to say that Malky has bought a duffer yet :)

9. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

There's only one club that get crowds like that in the A-League - Brisbane Roar. Their manager - Ange Postecoglou - is no mean judge of a player's ability. So, if it is Brisbane. get on the phone - he must be a good 'un. And while you're at it, get him to ask about Malky's namesake there - Matt McKay. Brilliant goal scoring midfielder and LEFT SIDED.

10. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Funnily enough I think it is Brisbane - I had assumed they were not in the first tier

11. LuxWFC

LuxWFC Member

First tier?

There is only one tier :D

12. Norwayhornet

least you cant get relegated!

13. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Are Perth in the league - would make away games soemwhat long :)

14. Norwayhornet

Nah mate its just down the road:)

15. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

I've read that CMS will be going to Norwich for Cody McDonald plus cash. If they go up, not sure if Posh will go for that as CMcD is on loan to Gillingham in League 2 but has got 20+ goals for them.

16. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

Yes - in fact I think the Perth vs Wellington fixtures are officially recognised as the longest club football away trips in the world.

As to it being second tier - extremely doubtful. Each Aussie State has their own State League in operation (but no promotion/relegation system) so they could well be classed as second tier - but certainly don't get crowds that big.

Being a Central Queenslander, I follow the Capricorn Cougars in the Qld State League. They are probably one of the poorer performing sides in the League, but are better supported than the Brisbane clubs by far - and on a good day, they will only attract around 1000 at most.

17. Bradleysdad

Bradleysdad Member

Doesn't the takeover offer document say that any money which comes in to the club needs to go towards the debt/bond payment etc and if the owners want to purchase players then they must put fresh capital in themselves? I thought I read that somewhere but I can't remember.

18. LuxWFC

LuxWFC Member

If they wanted, they could just put that money towards the loan repayment....and then loan us an equal amount so that we can spend that.

It'd basically be changing the debt from being owed to Ashcroft etc to the new owners....but we could spend some money too.

19. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Let's hope something like that happens or we will sell a load of players and not even have the funds to go partly towards replacing :(

20. Norwayhornet

Leo sure I read somewhere MM will get 30-40% of sales cash to buy players with! No sales , no new players !
    See ya DG its been a pleasure!