1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Summer Transfer Thread 21/22

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Steven Toast, May 2, 2021.

1. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Are you laughing because you think,wrongly, I am a fan of the Allams? Or because I forgot to depress the shift key?

2. StCloudTiger

StCloudTiger Well-Known Member

Agreed but it would go towards paying off the outstanding loan and that has to come from somewhere

3. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

Any sell on fees to fill Ehab's pockets?

4. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

Yes

5. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

I think his grandfather or grandmother is Welsh. He scored eight from the wing last season, I don't think Southgate has anything to lose by having him in the squad for England. If he chooses Wales (if he's eligible), he's the natural replacement for Gareth Bale long term.

Brucebones likes this.
  6. askewshair

Bottom terd of the bottom terd is fairly low

7. askewshair

Is Sala going somewhere? If not then it's a load of bollocks

8. Steven Toast

Real Madrid are after him as a replacement for Bale.

9. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Too many good players ahead of him in the England team, he's unlucky that we've got so many players in the same position, in previous years he'd probably have had a call-up by now.

10. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Thought it was quite interesting from little nige

Liam Walsh - His shelf life came to an end ‘Nigel Pearson’
    Saturday, 10th Jul 2021 11:21 by Steph Thomas

New Swansea City midfield signing Liam Walsh has had a few harsh words from Nigel Pearson on leaving Bristol City week. Pearson made it clear Walsh wasn’t worth the wages he was on at Ashton Gate and commented that if you can’t offer a player the same or more they become a free transfer. Not sure about that one if a player agrees to a lesser deal, but his comments won’t please robins fans, and will be ringing in Liams ears for some time to come. Walsh was seen as a tremendous asset for the coming season.
    please log in to view this image

Nigel Pearson has stated to Bristol Live - “He’s a player who we decided to allow to go as, as I’ve talked about already, some players we felt for the wages they were earning, we couldn’t offer that," explained Nigel Pearson on why Walsh has departed. "Because of the rules, if you don’t offer at least the same, then you become a free transfer” Pearson believes the players he has com8mg in are far more adaptable to his playing style and will be far more successful than Liam Walsh has been. Walsh played just 120 minutes of football last season.

Pearson went on to defend his decision “ But I also felt it was important to strengthen in that area and the players that I brought in, I’m very happy with. "That’s not to say that I wouldn’t have been happy to keep Liam but as I’ve already alluded to, we have to be mindful of the financial implications and my job is to make decisions on players and whether they stay or they go”
    please log in to view this image

“So it’s really my decision because I wanted to strengthen in a way which I had players that play the way I think we need to play, moving forward. It’s never an easy decision. When you let players like Liam go – I suppose Jamie Paterson would be in a similar category being popular... But I think sometimes either player, their shelf life has come to an end but also Liam had had some problems, injury-wise, and I just decided to move in a different direction. Hopefully that clarifies that I’m Public Enemy number one," said Pearson.

Some Bristol City fans have asked why Swansea City have not paid any fee for Walsh. Being out of contract obviously is the first answer, and when the club was asked about a fee for the player Bristol City stated he didn’t come through their academy, so was entitled to move on without any financial implications.

It’s a massive season now for Walsh, keep those injuries to a bare minimum and maybe he can shove those words backs down Pearson’s throat.
    https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55264/liam-walsh-his-shelf-life-came-to-an-end-‘nigel-pearson’

11. Donatella Anybody

Donatella Anybody Well-Known Member

Oh yer Just like the Roberson, McGuire money that was piled into our transfer fund

12. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

He's a bit unlucky but Gareth has miles better options. It's hard to see how he'll get a cap. The likes of Sancho, Saka are all younger and there's loads more coming through who have incredibly high potential. He never even got a look in for the 21s when he was with us and he was banging them in. There must be something England don't fancy.

If I was him, I'd go play for Wales if he's eligible

13. Anal Frank Fingers

Anal Frank Fingers Well-Known Member

Bowen for Bale? Sounds like an upgrade.

14. Anal Frank Fingers

Anal Frank Fingers Well-Known Member

To add to that, the Bowen money was reserved against "future years losses" rather than to offset the debt.

While, in the current context that sounds like it worked out well; in reality given the ownership of the debt owner (Allamhouse) being the same owners as Hull City AFC, it appears to be a con engineered to extract the maximum amount of book interest from Hull City AFC..

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    Gone For A Walk likes this.
  15. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

I can't believe it's been 7 years since Maguire signed for us and people still can't spell his name. It's not even a complicated name.

16. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Well said Sidney

17. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

Thanks Sidney.

18. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

19. Steven Toast

Yeah but outside of those two and maybe Lingaard there’s not much depth. It can’t hurt calling him up to have a look at him. If he becomes a regular at somewhere like Liverpool, he’ll probably end up getting called up.

20. pierredelafranchesca

pierredelafranchesca Well-Known Member

It'd prob be better for Bowen to represent Wales, if he does he'll prob end up with 50+ caps and get to play all over Europe, the depth of talent on the wing for England is such that he's prob not going to ever nail down a place in the squad never mind the team, I love the guy but he's not currently as good as Sancho, Saka, Rashford, Grealish, Sterling etc.

askewshair likes this.