1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Summer signings, wishes, rumours and all that jazz

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by throwoff, Apr 25, 2013.

1. throwoff

throwoff Member

So who do we want this summer.

Personally I would like to see Cody and Sergio Torres.

Part of me still sees a Kedwell for Midson deal.

Dominic Blizzard is out of contract in the summer, could be a good creative midfield player for us.

2. gfc1234

gfc1234 Member

Kedwell going nowhere! I would sign Jeff Hughes from Notts County, Sam Saunders from Brentford, Cody and Of course, Tom Derry is already coming!

3. BSG

BSG Well-Known Member

Well I suspect we need to bring an understudy for Nelson

4. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

Yeah the understudy to Nelson is essential in my opinion but as well as another keeper I think we need another full back who can cover either Fish or Martin (as long as he stays).
    I think we will also need another midfielder who is like Anton Robinson, someone who will run box to box and generally works their arse off, Alan Judge comes to mind and with him out of contract in the summer he would be a coup but I very much doubt we would attract him to the club when he is potentially going to go to a club in the championship but if we did get him that would be brilliant.
    Someone like Sam Saunders would be a great signing in my opinion as I think 2 midfielders are needed.
    Then upfront Cody McDonald and that may be it depending on whether Birchall, Burton and Kedwell stay. I think Burton and Kedwell should stay and will be fine in League One but I am not sure if Birchall will be here next year as sadly he has not done good enough on the goals front. We will have to see what this Tom Derry is like as he may be a direct replacement for Birchall and that would be good and then we could just bring in McDonald and that is good enough as we will have 4 strikers.

So overall I am saying
    Back up keeper (Not Forecast)
    Full back as back up to Fish and Martin
    Central midfielder (Dream player Alan Judge)
    Sam Saunders
    Cody McDonald

I think 5 would be good enough and I would be very happy and would say that was a great transfer window.

5. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Suarez ( I will lend him my muzzle )

6. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Two more wingers! Give competition to Whelpdale and Weston if we're going to play Weston on the left. Cody Mac of course if we can afford his wages. I don't think Tom Derry will play much as he is still only 18 so more likely signed for the Development squad. At least one more full back, preferablly versatile so can play in either role. If I'm being greedy then perhaps that full back be able to play in midfield too like Chris Palmer. Backup keeper, no preference, if its Forecast then so be it.

7. throwoff

throwoff Member

Derry has signed pro terms with us (or is about to) there are different deals for development players.

He is destined for the squad as opposed to the development.

18 is a bit old now days for straight development deals, I don't doubt he will play with them, much like some of the other older players when they are not getting first team minutes or are recovering from injury.

8. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

So if thats the case and he will be in the first team squad, I reckon we'll only sign one other striker ,hopefully Cody, but where does that leave Birchall ? Because then we will have Burton ,Weston, Keds,Derry and Cody, fighting for two places. Cody will probably always start, so one of the other 3 to partner him, and Weston playing more as a mid fielder.

9. liamgfc

liamgfc Member

I believe we've got a goalkeeper from Liverpool, I think he'd be a good back up to be honest, not much point signing the prefect backup as it'll be a waste of money as they won't play a lot. Really hope we see a youth team goalkeeper on the bench next season!

10. throwoff

throwoff Member

Well according to twitter the cody deal is as good as done
    Will be announced in June. Also MA talking to Bradley Wright Philips. ..

11. HOADIE_BOI

Where have you seen this.

12. MikeGills32

MikeGills32 Member

Bradley wright Phillips would be a quality signing

13. HOADIE_BOI

I have seen it on Twitter now, both would be great, Bradley is out of contract so that is great, however I did think about him a while ago but then thought he is likely to join Brentford as I thought about him when I looked at the Brentford team to see if there is anyone else we may sign from them. It would be brilliant if we got him.

14. gfc1234

gfc1234 Member

have you got a link hoadie please?

15. big-silv

big-silv Member

Kedwell is nowhere near league one level, we need Cody & another striker - Birchall was class at Dover but hasn't got over his injury.

IMO

Backup keeper - I'd take Forecast, he was hilarious at the weekend.

Cover for Fish & Martin - don't know any decent full backs

CM - Allen isn't good enough for League One

2 new strikers - Cody please

16. HOADIE_BOI

I think we only need 1 striker as Birchall will probably go and we can replace him with Cody McDonald.
    When you say Forecast was hilarious and then you say that you would sign him why?

I think Allen will be good enough but as a back up which is why we need another midfielder or two at the most.
    I think all we need is
    Back up keeper (Not Forecast)
    Back up full back
    1 or 2 midfielders (attacking midfielder priority)
    Cody McDonald

17. brb

brb Guest

Sam Muggleton looks a good future prospect at left back.

As for Tommy Forecast, despite two decent saves yesterday, he lacks confidence, conceded three goals, carelessly fisted the ball towards his own upright, appeared to have little ability to collect, did not organise the young lads from the back, all this gives cause for concern. Let alone do we really want to risk someone who has become the cruel butt of jokes from his own club supporters. I see it as embarrassing let alone unfair on the keeper, maybe I just lost my sense of humour with the Forecast masks.

18. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

.Whereabouts on Twitter is the story about Cody and Bradley Wright Phillips? I've looked under every where I can think of and can't find it. Can someone give us a clue?

19. gfc1234

gfc1234 Member

Me too, hence asked for a link!!

20. big-silv

big-silv Member

BWP would be a cracking signing, won't get my hopes up til it's confirmed though - if Brentford go up I don't see why it can't happen.

BRB - yeah he does, but he's still 18 (ish) and he certainly isn't ready for League One yet, I'd loan him out to a League Two side at least until Christmas and see how he gets on.