1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

SUMMER NEWS.

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, May 15, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

A great result and I hope it encourages girls to play football and other team games.

Quite right that the tournament was shown on prime time TV. Glad to see also that the BBC managed to find a spot for a couple men on the commentary team. A necessary quid pro quo.

I’ve put my tin hat on now and am crouching behind the sofa. About National League South standard?

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We started last season by playing a relegated club...losing 2-0 away.......Rotherham who got promoted.

We started this season by playing a relegated club...winning 1-0 at home......what will happen to Barnsley this season ?

3. notDistantGreen

I was quite shocked how poor they were: they made some chances but it all looked: primitive. They started very physically with several bad challenges. The ref took ten minutes of before getting a card out and warning their captain: a thing you almost never see. With that aspect of their game taken away they sort of deflated.

By the end they looked desperate and several of their players fell to the ground at the final whistle. Either they were poor or we were really good.... but let's not get carried away.

What I will say is that at one stage in the first half, we went from "playing it out from the back" to "playing about at the back" and Schumacher they are fully appraised of the difference as we could have come a cropper.

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

And the Ref was a certain Mr Breakspear........at least I dodged him this time.

5. notDistantGreen

Actually, he did a decent job in managing the game, although his eyesight let him down on at least 3 occasions: 2 which should have been in our favour and one the other way.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

The statue of Jack Leslie will be unveiled on Friday 7th of October at 12pm.

Jack Leslie...137 goals in 400 appearances....1921/34.

Chosen for England but eventually denied his appearance because of his colour.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
  7. notDistantGreen

Argyle are to purchase land from Plymouth Parkway to develop new training facilities

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
  8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Fixture date change.

Argyle v Ipswich will be moved to Sunday 25th of September...kick-off at 12.30pm.

Being shown live on Sky Sports.

9. notDistantGreen

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I have cringed at times when Argyle sod about passing it around there own goal area.

BUT having witnessed one of the 'best' keepers in the Premier League....De Gea pass the ball to a United player who had a Brentford player literally in his pocket nearly unbelievable...I will change my mind about Argyle.....also how did De Gea 'let' the ball squirm under his body for the first goal as well.....it is the sought of thing that 7yr olds do at school.

It seemed to me that Erik ten Hag had told his team that at no cost will you do anything else but come from the back with passes of less than 10 yards.....if you kick it further I'll fine you a weeks wages.

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

ALL Keepers make mistakes no matter who they are. Yesterday it was his turn to have a mare. I cringe at Argyle when they pass it about at the back but I have to say that generally Cooper is Ace at distribution.

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Have Argyle seat prices gone up this season....??

Most seats at Charlton are £32.....with my age discount...plus a booking fee it has cost me £25.50.....(24+1.50)

My son has said that they have simplified the prices this season...some have gone up and some have gone down....but the bog standard adult price is £32....that.s a lot for Div One football.

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I have no idea how much a single ticket would cost but I don't think it would be that much. London prices obviously.

15. notDistantGreen

£24 for an adult at Home Park, £19 for the older and wiser, £14 for under-23, £9 for under 18.

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Just checked the website....Lyndhurst...£24 adult price..plus...75p booking fee online......that's quite a difference.

So for my age £19 plus 75p booking fee online.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Been reading elsewhere of problems under the Devonport at half-time....rowdiness with large groups blocking the concourse...bouncing about....stopping fans getting to the toilets....getting a pint etc....and throwing beer all over the place....also a question about drug use maybe being behind it with some.....comments from others that this is why they relocated to other areas this season.

Surely we don't need a ban from the FL placed on the club to solve this problem.

18. notDistantGreen

Half time at which game?

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I assume more than one...if some ST holders have moved their seating from last season ?

20. notDistantGreen

Doesn’t surprise me I’m afraid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.