1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Summer News

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I can answer that Plym. If McFazdean wants to sign, we'll have him, now or later. No point cutting off your nose to spite your face.

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The more chat about Sarcevic and McFadzean I read the more I think we should up our game with out apprenticeship set up.....we need to major on talent coming through the ranks....lads who are more local.....lads that are west country based from birth....if they eventually move on it's because they've made the grade and attract bigger clubs and want to move up the ladder for the big time....that fine....and the money helps to pay for developing the system further.

All this losing established players who are homesick and move to a same level or even lower level club because they can't cope with all that west country fresh air isn't good enough.....they're not moving because of their working conditions which they never complain about....but family ties....even though they've moved lock, stock and barrel down here like Sarcevic did.....local lads will be happier.

3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Transfer rumour that we are lining up mid-fielder Jordan Rossiter (23yrs old) from Rangers.....early career blighted with leg injuries whilst at Liverpool and Rangers....had loan spells at Bury and Fleetwood in the last two seasons and getting promotion with Bury under Ryan Lowe.

4. notDistantGreen

Seems to have been highly thought of before a series of injuries. Was even compared to Stephen Gerrard at one point.... we'll see.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

The EFL HUB is suggesting that PAFC have submitted a bid in the region of £200,000 to sign Blackpool striker Ryan Hardie....make whatever you want of that ?

6. notDistantGreen

Shows ambition..... he is a lethal finisher and has frightening pace.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Now that we know who our opponents will be in Division One this coming season....our mileage will be.

23 away matches.....12,088 total mileage......furthest in the league.

Sunderland furthest journey.....805 miles....(there and back)

Sunderland are the next furthest traveled club.....with 2,500 miles less than Argyle.

8. notDistantGreen

Season tickets go on sale on Monday July 27. Prices will be held at lasts season's level in gratitude for the fans' patience and support during the virus crisis.

Full season tickets only will be available to 2019/20 members in the first instance. If sales of those do not meet what is expected to be a reduced ground capacity to achieve distancing, additional full season tickets will be made available to new applicants.

Sales of Flexi tickets and other memberships will be suspended until capacity permits.

Reading between the lines, it's going to be season ticket holders only to start with.

If games have to be played behind closed doors, season ticket holders will be able to watch free on IFollow. There's no mention of any concession to other people with long term connections with the Club, which is pretty galling.

9. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Season tickets on sale as of next monday 27th July. They have frozen the prices they say as a reward. They show in the advert that the total cost of the ticket is X and therefore per match it costs Y. Trouble is they aren't allowed to have crowds in until 1st October and the season starts on 12 September. There will therefore be matches that we cannot see. To put the average cost of the matches over 23 games is therefore not really true is it. I happily didn't ask for any refund on last seasons ticket but I do think they should endeavour to be up front for this season before people buy. Again I don't mind paying full whack but don't try to kid me I'm getting something I'm not.

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

You beat me to the announcement by a few minutes notdistant. Shouldn't you be working?

11. notDistantGreen

Not any more.........................

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Season will start...12th September.

Season ends........8th May.

First three weeks behind closed doors.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Curious now. What does that mean?

14. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

I will sign up with iFollow, so will see every game. a good deal.

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I know you can't be but I need to be there to get much out of a game these days. I've been trying to watch some of the games on the tele recently without the crowds there and just can't get into it. If I lived where you do BC then I probably would give that a go and accept it was all I was going to get.

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Hey BC.....like your avatar you've set up.....has Mr Bear got a name.....I'm assuming it is a Mr Bear not a Mrs......<whistle>

17. notDistantGreen

I'm now a gentleman of leisure, partly because of "differences of opinion" between me and my former employer (in which I was correct because they went bust 18 months after I left) and partly because a couple of my private pensions have kicked in, so I don't need to work and anything I did earn would be taxed to bits.

That means only Lyndhurst and Joe are left in gainful employment I think........... the rest of us are Old Farts.

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Not so much of the Old thank you. The other one I hold my hand up to. Welcome to the club.

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Joe just lives for the winter frosts and those lovely bubbly burst pipes.....he looks at the weather forecast each evening....and rubs his hands together with glee when the temperature shows minus numbers

Lyndy's in football so that can't be called a job to start with....:rolleyes:.

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Argyle target Ryan Hardie is about to become a father.....and there are doubts that he so keen on moving to the W Country when that happens.

Once more we're being reminded how far Plymouth is supposed to be from the rest of civilization....first Sarcevic....also possibly McFadzean....and now maybe Hardie.

Maybe Argyle need to relocate to the Midlands or even the North....do a MK Dons and Wimbledon saga.

Not having your friends or mother around the corner to baby-sit does seem to be a re-occurring problem for Northerners/Scots.

It doesn't seem to be such a problem for overseas players....Irish...French...Hungarian...Portuguese...Icelandic....Canadian...New Zealanders....etc etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.