1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Summer News

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I'd describe it as a club in free fall rather than "cash strapped".

Surely having won promotion twice but had the first one snatched away, he'd want to actually take this one forward.

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He won't go there.

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ryan Lowe released his retained list last Tuesday the 9th of June....he has given those that he has offered new contracts too seven days to decide if they want take up the offer or not....in a normal end of season a month would be the time given to accept or reject a new contract offer....but we're not living in normal times and we are halfway through June already.

The only movement that we have heard of at present (10.30am on the 15th of June) is that Danny Mayor has accepted his existing option.

That means that as of now.....we have six under contract plus three apprentices that have been offered professional contracts.....nine in total.

They are....Danny Mayor, Will Aimson, Michael Cooper, Joe Edwards, Byron Moore, Dom Telford, Jarvis Cleal, Ollie Tomlinson and Rubin Wilson.

Ryan Lowe is waiting to hear from.....Naill Canavan, Conor Grant, Luke Jephcott, Ryan Law, Klaidi Lolos, Callum McFadzean, Adam Randell, Antoni Sarcevic, Gary Sawyer and Scott Wootton.

We've heard that last years loanee George Cooper who is back at Peterborough has said that he want's more first team opportunity at Peterborough this coming season.....is he trying to force the issue their and either get chosen or get released ?

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Comments from Peterborough are hinting that George Cooper will not be sold this summer and will be in the first team squad fighting for a starting position.....so looks like he could be playing against us this season.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Peterborough seem to be playing games with Argyle over George Cooper.....suggesting we will have to pay a fee for him because he will not be going on a free transfer anywhere.

6. notDistantGreen

It's also being said that they want £400k for him when we could have bought him at Xmas for £250k. There is of apparently some previous on this: it was reported at Xmas that Peterborough would call him back from loan if Argyle didn't buy him until it was pointed out he was on a season long loan with no recall. No attention to detail up there obviously.

He's a good player but we won't break the bank for him for sure.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Gary Sawyer signs a new contract....will surely see his playing days out at Argyle....maybe end up on the coaching staff one day.....has he started his coaching badges yet.

Up to ten signed on players now.....one more for a team

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

This Thursday 18th June will be the start of the Div 2 play-offs.

Colchester...v...Exeter.....1715...kick-off
    Northampton...v...Cheltenham.....19-45...kick-off.

Second leg
    Exeter...v...Colchester...Monday 22nd June...1715...kick-off.
    Cheltenham...v...Northampton...Monday,22nd...2000...kick-off.

Final at Wembley.....Monday...29th June...1930...kick-off

We could of done predictions for these games....maybe a little late now ?

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Antoni Sarcevic will not be taking up a new contract offer....confirmed by Ryan Lowe.....that's a pity....but life goes on.

10. notDistantGreen

Antoni Sarcevic has apparently turned down a new contract in order to be closer to his family oop North.

A pity: a dynamic player with a tremendous rapport with the fans.

11. notDistantGreen

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Argyle sounds such a great place....yet he's leaving and possibly for a lower league ......he might find that the grass isn't always greener on the other side.....Ryan Lowe has brought the best out of him....it could be down hill from now onwards......I wonder if Adams is interested in him ?

13. notDistantGreen

I guess Covid19 may have focused minds in his family. He says his immediate family came with him but being so far away from grand parents etc at a time like this may have been a factor.

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

No ill will from me. This season he was the best player we had. He got player of the season and there was no surprise from me as I would have voted for him had I voted. But, last season he was not the best player and was part of our fall from league one. He didn't have a good season even if he was about ok. That perhaps shows that he is more a league two player than a league one player and I'm sure we can do at least as well in a replacement so we won't miss him. Mayor on the other hand I believe will come to the fore. Thanks Sarcevic. I do believe you when you say you loved it here and that isn't the normal bullshit. He is doing what he was expected to do so people cannot surely be that surprised. His family are all up in that area and I suspect he may well sign for Salford as predicted. Good luck to the man.

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Play-Off semi-final......Colchester...0-0...Exeter...H/T.....only one shot on target so far.....from Colchester.

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Result....Colchester...1-0...Exeter.....Bramall put Colchester 1-0 up in the 83rd minute.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Northampton...0-2...Cheltenham....F/T......Cheltenham look favourites for Wembley

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Cheltenham were a good side when I saw them down here. They have played decent football all season so it won't be a shock if they go to Wembley and smash it. I wouldn't mind Exeter getting promoted along with us though. A good payday with a decent crowd if crowds are back on the agenda by then. We need the money.

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Rumours will not go away linking Ryan Lowe to the Bolton job...one source have him at odds on favourite for the job.....but realistically how could Bolton afford to pay off his contract....plus his backroom crew as well.

Regarding us not hearing about contracts being accepted or rejected after Lowe's deadline being passed....we know that Sawyer's in and Sarcevic is out....maybe others have made verbal decisions....and Argyle are waiting for the players to be at Home Park to physically sign.....we do remember occasions when minds have changed between accepting and signing....so Argyle are patiently waiting for the players signatures. Also remember no one is out of a job until the end of the month.

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Remember Cheltenham have by far the best defence in the league....giving away only 27 goals in the league season....they're my favourite for the fourth spot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.