1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Summer 2024 transfer thread

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Apr 19, 2024.

1. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

Give us a 'H' ....

2. Idi Amin

Idi Amin Well-Known Member

Give us a 'A'

3. Onewaggy

Onewaggy Well-Known Member

The D is easy ... next

4. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

It's tough but definitely attainable, we've wasted an awful lot of cash under Acun that could've and should've been used better.

The hardest thing for Jarvis is that the LOI is a low standard and it's a massive jump. We've seen Jacob make the judge from a similar level, so it's not impossible but it's still difficult.

NewcastleTiger and Steven Toast like this.
  5. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Longman I think will go to Millwall, he prefers it down South. I agree with Newcastle, as he says with finances coming into play, as a back-up for Philogene IMO he should be at least given a chance and IMO would do a decent job. From what I have seen, Jarvis is at least as good as Lokilo IMO.

6. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Yes, but Lokilo was nowhere near good enough and that's kind of my point. We could assemble a squad that has a strong XI and bench for not much money no problem, and if we bring in a player that does better than say, Seri or Jones and sticks them on the bench, then that gives us those depth options with quality.

It's not that I think Jarvis is a bad player, but we have to look at the calibre of player needed to push through the season and up into the Premier League and would Jarvis have been in Leicester, Leeds or Southampton's squad? WBA? Norwich? Probably not. We aren't blessed with right sided wingers so it might be that he gets a chance in pre season, but putting four past Ferriby isn't going to be an indicator of whether he can handle the Championship and the Irish League isn't great either. Guess we will have to wait and see what happens. Personally I think for the good of his career he should be allowed to move on, probably to a National League club.

7. NewcastleTiger

NewcastleTiger Well-Known Member

Lokilo is as good as you’re going to get for a squad player. He was perfect to come off the bench for Rosie as he never lost the ball, didn’t take many risks and worked hard.

Off The Line likes this.
  8. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I understand the whole point of a forum is to discuss things like this, but there really is little value to anyone's opinion on how good Jarvis is. No one has seen him play at anywhere near the level our first team compete at.

Fettis the striker likes this.
  9. NewcastleTiger

That’s besides the point though PLT, no one had seen KLP, no one had seen Greaves…

He’s been the u21s top scorer every season since he broke through bar last as he was at Shelbourne. The club gave him a 2 year deal before he left last season so clearly they rate him too.

If u21s have to go out on loan without any chances with us to teams at the same level to us then none of them will break through.

10. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

He's one who I think surely must be capable of more than we've seen. Didn't he have the most combined goals and assists in the second half of the Turkish Super Lig season immediately before joining us? By the time he left us he looked absolutely devoid of confidence, and he seemed to have pissed Rosenior off with his application in the Birmingham cup games.

NewcastleTiger likes this.

11. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I'm not saying that because none of us have seen him play at a decent level then he shouldn't get a chance. I'm saying that because we haven't, our opinions on his ability are worthless and we can only really go by what the club/manager(s) do with him. If he ultimately gets released without getting into the first team it'll be because he's not good enough. And as I've said before, he'd be far from the first to impress at U21 level and not break through.

HCAFCHangout and NewcastleTiger like this.
  12. HCAFCHangout

HCAFCHangout Well-Known Member

Not disagreeing with you here and it’s a small sample size but when he played in preseason I thought he was often our best player. Especially against Barnsley who aren’t exactly mugs

13. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Jarvis really should have got his chance in January. It’s pretty **** for him he didn’t, not even in the cup replay.

14. Steven Toast

But as a winger in a system where we needed to rely on crosses, he was pretty poor (27% success rate) at finding somebody. He was, like you say, brought in as cheap cover, but I thought it was quite clear after a couple of games that he was out of his depth and again, if we are serious about promotion, you want to be able to bring on players that can change the game.

Last season we went behind in 24 games. That's a hell of a statistic, we literally spent half the season behind in games. Now, if you get to the 60th minute and you need to change your formation because you are chasing the game, who would you rather bring on? Lokilo and Docherty, or Omur and Tufan? It's no contest.

At the start of the season, we had players like Lokilo, Simons, Docherty and Sellars-Fleming as our options on the bench. It didn't exactly scream quality in depth. Those aren't bad players, but they aren't gamechangers, they aren't going to come on and offer a different threat to what was already on the pitch.

When we played Stoke at home, they brought on Vidigal, Baker and Ennis, who allowed them to change the game and see it out. We couldn't adapt and lost. Ironically, in that game we had Tufan, Abdush, Connolly, Sharp and Morton come on, which is much better (Sharp aside), but the first half of the season we had nothing like that and now that three of those have gone, we need to bring in players of that quality again to provide those options.

15. springtiger

springtiger Well-Known Member

Lokilo was ok until he had to cross it and he just couldn’t use his other foot , what amazed me was how he’d got that far without someone coaching him as the benefit for him , also why did we buy him with that limitation?

Steven Toast and highpeak tiger like this.
  16. jhe10

jhe10 Well-Known Member

Is that true? I can't find anywhere that lists U21 top scorers, so I can't say you're wrong, but I would have thought Jim Simms was a more likely top scorer when Jarvis was playing regularly for the U21s?

17. Steven Toast

I looked this up, and the tally for last season is as follows:

Tyrell Sellars-Fleming - 17

Sincere Hall - 6

Bora Aydinlik - 5

Jim Simms - 5

Vaughn Covil - 4

Oliver Green - 4

Henry Sandat - 4 (+1 at Southend)

Raj Palit - 3

Rocco Coyle - 3

Jevon Mills - 2 (+1 at Bohemians)

Alfie Taylor - 2 ( (+1 at St Pat's)

Joe Johnson - 2

Jake Brown - 1

Nathan Tinsdale - 1

Jaeyden Chibanga - 1

18. Kalman

Kalman Well-Known Member

Lokilo was a poor man’s Grealish under Guaridola at Championship level. Didn’t try to beat a man, didn’t cross, didn’t make runs in behind. All he did was receive the ball, turn inside and play a simple pass backwards or sidewards. Whether that was Rosenior’s coaching or if he just lacks confidence and ability I don’t know.

Sick to death of these ‘ball-retention’ wingers in today’s game. What happened to Grealish is like watching an angel fall and Bernardo Silva on the opposite side is just ugly to watch. One of the reasons I like Vini Jr. so much is because he’s a pure winger who loves to take a man on or make those runs in behind. The way some of these modern wingers dribble is horrendous. Football is as much about entertainment and aesthetics as it is about results. Brazil’s reputation as a great footballing nation isn’t just about the 5 World Cups but how they won them in style with flair.

NewcastleTiger likes this.
  19. NewcastleTiger

Hence why I said apart from last season as he’s been out on loan!

20. NewcastleTiger

Jim was the top scorer that season yes, Jarvis was out on loan though like I said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

1. AlaHullPPG