1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Summer 2020 Transfer Rumours

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Saints FC 76, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

To be fair most keepers don't seem to dominate the area these days.

2. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Forwards are taught to try and block them coming out of the 6 yard box and Refs hardly ever spot it.

davecg69 likes this.
  3. San Tejón

San Tejón Well-Known Member

How does this work, in the post Brexit situation, where there is no freedom of movement?
    Students visa?

4. davecg69

davecg69 Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm

5. StJabbo1

StJabbo1 Well-Known Member

Freedom of movement until the end of the year then who know what the bunch of incompetent sycophants will negotiate. I assume a similar process as currently in place for non EU players.

davecg69 likes this.
  6. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

I think this is why Macca doesn't get as much stick as big Fraser, he is at least brave in collecting crosses into the box.

davecg69 likes this.
  7. davecg69

Can you imagine the **** hitting the fan if they insisted all non-British footballers had to apply for work permits and visas and then they started deporting them? How I would laugh .......
    Mind you - some of the most ardent Brexiteers I know are still planning on going over to France next year to fill their cars with booze and fags ...... :emoticon-0112-wonde:emoticon-0112-wonde:emoticon-0112-wonde

Ian Thumwood likes this.
  8. StJabbo1

Will they though? Duty limits will apply being non EU, current regulations re tax payed goods won't stand or will they? It's all up in the air we know no more than we did in 2016.

davecg69 likes this.
  9. davecg69

I can't wait to see what happens when they realise they can only bring back a bottle of scotch and 200 fags ....... :emoticon-0102-bigsm

10. davecg69

Sorry - before anyone points out that this is a transfer thread ..... this should probably go to Politics and I'll refrain from posting in the same vein ..... :emoticon-0103-cool:

All_Southampton_FC and StJabbo1 like this.

11. StJabbo1

I can imagine the moment of realisation when customs hand them the bill or confiscate the goods jaws joining the dragging knuckles on the floor.

12. StJabbo1

Me to, but I think we're about done with it, back to transfers.

davecg69 likes this.
  13. San Tejón

San Tejón Well-Known Member

Does that mean him needing to be a full international with a certain percentage of games behind him, or is it different for youngsters?

14. StJabbo1

I've no idea St B, it's all conjecture until the negotiations are completed, if they ever are.

15. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

These are the current rules for work permits for Non EU players
    • The player must have participated in at least 75% of his home country’s senior competitive international matches where he was available for selection during the two years preceding the date of the application; and
    • The player’s National Association must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA World Rankings when averaged over the two years preceding the date of the application
    Pretty sure there are exceptions made based on transfer fee, potential etc for younger players.

OddRiverOakWizards and StJabbo1 like this.
  16. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

corrected for you

17. Ian Thumwood

Ian Thumwood Well-Known Member

I am a bit perplexed with some of the comments regarding Forster. When he was on form, he seemed a tower of strength. I was glad when he signed the new contract because it seemed obvious at that point that he was instrumental to Saint's excellent form and you could anticipate bigger clubs coming in for him. It seems so long ago that he was playing regularly that I cannot recall when it all went wrong. He had a few dodgy games and then his confidence seemed to plummet with him no longer being in contention.

I would choose an in form Forster over both McCarthy and Gunn but appreciate that there is no guarantee he could recreate his form previous form. Forster's decline is one of the hardest elements for me to appreciate. At one point he was knocking on the door of England's No. 1. I am not convinced that he is just an "average" PL player and just needs coaches to start believing in him again. I would be more unset losing Forster than Gunn.

Saintharry13 likes this.
  18. Saintharry13

Saintharry13 Well-Known Member

I think he flattered to deceive on occasions as he had such a capable defence in front of him when he had his most successful seasons; they made him look easily capable and vice versa. Also harder to care when we had people like Manè and Pelle knocking them on at the other end for fun.

His confidence took a real knock but the downfall seemed to be more than on the pitch stuff. I know there were issues rumoured off the pitch but there has to be a combination of reasons things didn’t work for him.

The more worrying aspect from my point of view is that he made no visible improvements in between his appearances. He had a point to prove on the few occasions he came in for but behind a defence that was low on confidence he looked woeful. For the amount of work that must have gone in behind the scenes, it was truly shocking. It’s an easy allegation to make, but keepers much shorter than him have dominated their box so much more.

Another allegation levelled at him is the quality of his kicking from his hands and off the deck-again, despite so so much of the help and practice he would have received at Staplewood, his distribution and technique remained poor. At this level, there is simply no excuse other than a lack of ability.

I may be way off the mark with this one, but he doesn’t seem like he has the capacity to be self analytical to the point where he would go away and change things.

Comparatively, Alex has kept his head down for a long time and worked hard behind the scenes and worked to get into the right form. He is level headed and calm, excellent shot stopper and works well with the defence-a relationship that goes both ways.

Angus by wanting a loan or being looked at for a loan should take it with both hands, or look to try and properly battle it out with Alex. Goalkeepers nature at a different rate and his decision making and technique need tweaking, he is still a long term prospect.

As I see it, sadly, Frasers time with us was up a long time ago and because of the ridiculous contract he was given, his best and most consistent form as an individual has been at another club whilst being paid by us-ludicrous.

Scottish football

Beddy and davecg69 like this.
  19. Saints FC 76

Saints FC 76 Well-Known Member

All of a sudden, having KWP as part of a deal for Hojbjerg doesn’t seem too bad at all. The last two games he’s been very good, let’s hope that’s his usual and not just playing for a transfer! I’d be more than happy to sign him but it would only be based on the previous two games..

20. Ian Thumwood

Ian Thumwood Well-Known Member

Totally agree but I would add that being part of a team performance like last night must surely make KWP want to be part of the set up down here on a permanent basis.