1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Summer 2017 - ins and outs ?

Discussion in 'Portsmouth' started by Wooperts_duck, May 9, 2017.

1. EastneyPFC

EastneyPFC Well-Known Member

Like the way we are looking at these potential Gems - I wonder how often we look at the Glen Hoddle set up in Spain where a lot of cast offs go into his academy.

Wooperts_duck likes this.
  2. Wooperts_duck

Wooperts_duck Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Apparently, both Watford and Brighton are keeping tabs on Pompey's talented 21 year old centre half Matt Clarke <doh>

If it happens, then he must be worth at least a million pounds plus, especially being a left footed central defender.......

3. EastneyPFC

I think I'm going to keep my thoughts to myself - only a few weeks back against Oldham I said outl oud that I was worried that both Burgess and Clarke were playing so well they would be poached. At 21 Woop I genuinely think we could ask for 2M - he is a real prospect....and they are swimming in money after the last TV deal.

Wooperts_duck likes this.
  4. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

please log in to view this image

Pompey are running the rule over Adam Henley.

The 23-year-old is starting at right-back in the reserves’ clash against Leicester City in the Premier League Cup tonight.

Henley is a free agent having been released by Blackburn in the summer.

He made 80 appearances for the Ewood Park outfit between 2011 and 2017 after graduating through their academy– with seven of those coming in the Premier League.

Henley has also been capped twice for Wales.

Kenny Jackett has travelled to Leicester for the game to cast his eye over the American-born talent.

5. EastneyPFC

Sign him up..it's an area we are light in.

6. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

Just read that Kenny has decided to release Adam Henley and are no longer pursuing him.

However, we have been giving a trial for the past two weeks to 20 year old Portugese winger Sandro Semedo, previously with Leyton Orient.

EastneyPFC likes this.
  7. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

Portsmouth, Lincoln City and Mansfield Town are all weighing up moves for Rotherham United star Lee Frecklington, HITC Sport understands.

Frecklington has established himself as a key player in the Rotherham side since joining from Peterborough in January 2013 after an initial successful loan spell.

The attacking midfielder has scored three goals in 13 League One appearances so far this season and is regarded as one of the best performers in Paul Warne's side.

Frecklington is entering the final six months of his contract at Rotherham and the news has alerted a number of clubs to his possible availability.

Lee Frecklington (on the right)

8. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

Drew Talbot has left Portsmouth by mutual agreement after failing to win a regular first-team place.

The 31-year-old full-back arrived from Chesterfield in 2016, but made just 14 appearances in all competitions.

"Drew's intention is to head back north and I'm sure we'll see him settle with a new club in January," said Pompey manager Kenny Jackett.

Signed by former Pompey manager Paul Cook last summer, Talbot made four League One starts this term.

9. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

According to an article by Football League World:-

"
    Portsmouth are certainly making a good go of making it back-to-back promotions this season as they challenge in League One for the play-offs.

The men from Fratton Park were mid-table earlier this season but have picked things up and their win at the weekend leaves them level with Charlton in the third tier table.

The Addicks, of course, do have a game in hand but Pompey will feel that they are well placed and will be feeling as though a strong January window could help them earn promotion.

It remains to be seen, then, who the men from Fratton Park manage to bring in but it would seem that they are keen on Plymouth Argyle’s Toumani Diagouraga.

Indeed, HITC is the outlet reporting that at the moment with them of the opinion that Bolton Wanderers and Shrewsbury are also keen on the midfielder.

Released by Leeds earlier this year, he has excelled with Argyle in helping them off of the bottom of the table and the likes of Wanderers may feel he could help them escape their own relegation battle.

We look set for a tussle over his signature, then, and the Green Army will hope that they can keep hold of him in this window.

Diagouraga is a decent player and is once again underlining that at Plymouth.

He could do a job for all three of these sides and the Pilgrims might be worried that they are going to lose the powerful 30-year-old"

We certainly do need a tall powerful central midfielder, and I remember how good he was a few years back when we had him on loan from Brentford. He only played eight matches for us, but looked a good player then. Mind you, if it happens, I don't think Argyle fans would be very pleased with us <laugh>

10. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No we wouldn't Wooperts. He has boosted us since his arrival. Thing is he is or rather looks as slow as a thing that is very slow but somehow is always where he should be in space. Breaks up play really well and seldom passes to the wrong person. I think he is one of those very deceptive players who you think will be crap but turns out to be the star. If he goes, and I really hope he doesn't , I think it will really damage us and our season will go from bad to worse.

p.s. We liked Drew Talbot as well and he did well for us last season.

11. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

Portsmouth have been closely watching Southampton youngster Will Wood. He is 21, and can play left back or as a left sided central defender.
    Wood is on trial with Saints’ rivals as he looks to impress potential suitors. His contract at St Mary’s expires at the end of the season and it seems as though Saints are not looking to renew his deal.

Pompey’s assistant manager Joe Gallen has been discussing the prospect of luring Wood across the south coast and spoke of how the club will welcome the full-back in for a “second look”.
    "We had Will in for one day, I think he’s going to come back. He came in and did well so may be coming back in next week. We just wanted to have a look, we are always looking – regardless of whether we do something or not. From our side, you need ideas, you need a plan, should somebody get injured. You need to know who we are going to take".

"Will’s a left-back and is under contract until the end of the season. At the moment Southampton aren’t going to renew, so he can be available now or in the summer".

Wood featured in pre-season for Saints under Mauricio Pellegrino but it seems a decision has been made, with the defender poised to leave the club.

The 21-year-old featured three times for Saints’ Under-23 side in the Checkatrade Trophy this season but looks set to make the step into senior football with Portsmouth if he impresses during his trial.

12. EastneyPFC

If he is quality and wants to join us we should take him....good option to have in case Brandon gets crocked.