1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Summer 2016 Transfer Rumours - In

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, May 4, 2016.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

2. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

I do hope this one comes off
    "footnote " Joe Hart said it before, a complete w....r

Cottager58 likes this.
  3. Cottager58

Not sure what to make of this one. Partly because it's the Daily Mail reporting it, partly because it seems incredible that we would yet again pay £11m for a player and mainly because of a concern over how a fee of that kind will be financed. Whatever the story is that we want Crystal Palace striker Dwight Gayle.

please log in to view this image

We know the 25year old from a rumoured loan deal in January although that in reality was never on the cards. He's got pace and he'll pick up a few goals, especially in the Championship, but is he consistent enough to merit an £11m tag?

4. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

As Cottager hints, I think he'd be a good signing, but not at that price.

5. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Going by past experiences we seem to be obsessed with the 10m figure all been a waste of space apart from Mc C.
    the above mentioned i would pitch at about 4/6 m

6. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

Hmmm! Not convinced with this one. This guy doesn't actually play for Zaragoza's first team (he spent last season on loan at a league 2 club anyway) but he for Zaragoza B, which is like a reserve team, or second string team.

Cottager58 likes this.
  7. Cottager58

As SuperBri mentioned, Slavi was on fishing a trip towards the end of last week. According to Danish media the one he tried to hook was Thomas Delaney

The 25yr old midfielder, who is of Irish-American descent, is captain for Danish Superliga side F.C. Copenhagen. The 6 footer has one year left on his contract and at around £2m would seem an extremely good buy. However this article says that his Agent "has no time to talk about rumours and anyway Thomas has today gone to Copenhagen's training camp in Austria". And quotes Copenhagen as confirming that a meeting did taken place but "the right offer did not come".

http://www.bt.dk/superligaen/bt-afsloerer-fc-koebenhavns-anfoerer-i-dialog-med-denne-engelske-klub

Now, far be it from me to provoke conspiracies but I know for fact that Mike Rigg was accompanying Slavi. So why do I find it strange that our offer wasn't good enough?

8. Cottager58

Press in Ghana, who are usually well tuned into the comings and goings of their countrymen, say that we're interested in Fiorentina's right winger Maxwell Acosty

Well, the 24yr old is on Fiorentina's books but has been out on loan mostly and last played in Serie B for Latina Calcio. However his contract is up this summer and would obviously be on a free (for interest his market value is about "1 Hyndman").

Source: http://www.modernghana.com/sports/700893/fulham-want-to-sign-ghanaian-youngster-maxwell-acosty.html

9. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

All the main Fulham news so far this summer seems to be about outgoings. Stories of any incoming rumours have been pretty thin on the ground, and even the ones that are about aren't particularly exciting.

I had visions of us making our intent known early and getting some good signings in early on but its not to be. I suppose its still early in the summer but its hard to not already feel a bit downbeat about the upcoming season.

10. Cottager58

The first pre-season game proper, against Cork City, is only a week away. With the lot left in the squad we'll struggle to put out a side (bear in mind Jazz and wee Georgie aren't available and Nando's on strike).

11. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

we are loosing a lot of tallent, and still keeping nando ?

12. Cottager58

Nando will be gone rosc; it's all a question of money. We want some and the Spanish outfit haven't got any. As ever we'll compromise in the name of 'sustainability' (getting him off the wage bill in other words).

The irony is that we continue to pay Rigg's wages.

13. Cottager58

He was apprently destined for Nottingham Forest but stories coming in that we are looking to nick SC Bastion's left winger Floyd Ayite from them. The pacy 27yr old International for Togo was born in Bordeaux, played for them, and Reims before moving to the Ligue 1 side in the summer of 2014. With 1 year left on his contract he's valued around £1.7m.

He's has had a good period for the Corsicans; scoring 13 in 53 games. Here's a snippet:

14. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

I was about to post about Floyd Ayite but as usual Cottager is right on the pulse of things lol..... Few of the reports on the Twitter world are not only are in for Ayite a few say he has actually passed a medical. I dint know much about him but he is described as a pacy winger, along with the strong rumours that the signing of Aluko who was released by Hull certainly gives us some pace on the wings that we have been missing.

I know we have been frustrated so far but with the window opening today I believe the pace of things may start to quicken.

Cottager58 likes this.
  15. Cottager58

Palace have just signed a new goalkeeper -Steve Mandanda. Does that open the way for us to go in for Alex McCarthy? Although they'll probably want something like £2m for him

There again, West Ham have said they're okay with selling Darren Randolph, who had a storming Euros with Ireland. And only £3m!

16. Cottager58

Just confirming what I guess we all expected. Dwight Gayle has gone to Newcastle for £10m and Andros Townsend the other way, to Palace for £13m.

17. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Floyd Ayite has signed 3 year contract.

18. Cottager58

Good, good.

Now a few defenders please (and Robson-K).

19. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

A lot of Twitter rumours floating around that Fulham are on the verge of signing Patrick Bamford from Chelsea on a season long loan!

20. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

When it comes to loans Fulham & Slav should been using their contacts to get favourable players from the likes of Chelsea and Mourinho at United. I also think there should have been some pressure put on Celtic to give us a player exchange in the Dembele deal.