1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Summer 2013 Net Spend Table.

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Sir_Red, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Sir_Red

Sir_Red Well-Known Member

Being aware that Reina was only loan so isn't included, but next year will most likely be sold for what we got Mig for. +I've included Spearing at 1.75 (only just announced and so not in any website stats yet)

1. City = 89.5
    2. Spurs = 37
    3. Chelsea = 29
    4. Norwich = 21.7
    5. Swansea = 20.5
    6. Southampton = 20
    7. Cardiff = 17.2
    8. West Ham = 15.5
    9. Everton = 9.7
    10. Villa = 8.3
    11. Hull = 7.5
    12. Palace = 7.3
    13. Fulham = 6.2
    14. Sunderland = 5.7
    15. Stoke = 3.2
    16. United = 1.5
    17. Newcastle = 1.26
    18. Liverpool = 1.25
    19. West Brom = 0
    20. Arsenal = -9 <laugh>, where's the £100m kitty?

Can really see the effect of the new TV money. Norwich and Southampton both spending £20m+

I think we need to spend some money tbh, We're still weak, and even without the Suarez saga I would expect us to spend around £20m this summer, it's so important we keep pushing for the CL

2. astro

astro Well-Known Member

If this continues then Arsenal fans need a serious investigation into what percentage of tranfers profits Wenger receives personally.

3. Clubs have known about the extra TV money for a while will have had it in their forecasts for a while (relegation threatened and newly promoted clubs would have had two scenarios). They may well have used some of the money to pay the installments of a previous signing.

We certainly should have money to spend though (here comes MITO...) unless we have a kitty for stadium developments.

4. Sir_Red

Where did Cardiff suddenly get cash from? They've spend a lot

5. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

The incremental TV revenue doesn't land until NEXT summer, it's being earned for this coming season.

Some clubs are patently borrowing against it & spending their first years income in advance this summer.

In answer to Sir Red's question their income has just been increased by about £60m overnight, so they can afford to spend some dosh this summer!

6. astro

astro Well-Known Member

The parachute payments are also increasing a lot though, so it's not like the clubs are doing a QPR or anything.

7. Ok, fair enough. I thought extra TV money landed this summer <ok>

8. Sir_Red

I think in a sport where the CL is becoming more and more important the clear disparity and unfairness between European leagues will become more relevant. How can clubs like United compete with Real when the latter can negotiate their own tv revenues? sameway as Barca. THose two clubs rape la liga. The PL is a much fairer league, but it means we suffer at European level. Hell, if we could negotiate our own rights we would take-off!

9. astro

astro Well-Known Member

But that's why no one wants to watch La Liga, except for the 14 or so clasicos they play every year.

10. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I like the fact we've strengthened without spending loads, I'd be happier with a new center back though.

11. Whole Lotta Lovren

Whole Lotta Lovren Active Member

This. <ok>

Look at our squad now. No more El Zhar's, Spearings, Kromkamps, N'Gogs, Gonzalez's etc. I feel like everybody in our squad is capable of doing a job (some better than others obviously - looking at you Downing). The players on the fringe are more often than not young players with a bright future, rather that twenty something year old foreign mercenaries on high wages.