1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Summer '18. Transfers / Loans - DONE DEALS! (ins and outs)

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Mexican Hornet, May 24, 2018.

1. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

well we've spent nearly £100m which far out-strips any previous investment, and we have a manager that knows what he is doing (Bilic was, sadly. a bit tactically inept), so expectations are a little higher than the norm, but that may change in the next 3 weeks, first game is at Anfield.

Mexican Hornet likes this.
  2. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You need to be very careful along with Everton and Wolves. We had a large influx of new players several seasons ago, and the press used it as an example of all that was wrong in English football. Maybe one newspaper that not many of us read will turn the attention elsewhere now.

Markthehorn likes this.
  3. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

yeah, that's rough;y what I said ina previous post, too much change can have a negative effect, though, tbh, for most of last season we couldn't have been much worse, I'm still mystyfied by how we survived the last 2 seasons considering how poor we've been. It's usually a lack of comunication that increases with change, but our players looked to be playing with 10 strangers, so it might not matter as much.

Mexican Hornet likes this.
  4. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

West Ham like us suffered from serious injury problems - makes you wonder what they do in training and how good the fitness/medical team are.

andytoprankin likes this.
  5. Markthehorn

Martin Samuel just said they were showing ambition and using their resources to help them win promotion as a big club like Wolves deserved.

Whereas we should have just kept selling players and giving young coaches a chance whilst being happy with mid-table Championship football because we are a small club.

Hornet-Fez and andytoprankin like this.
  6. kchorn

kchorn Well-Known Member

Interesting to hear from you Big Ern. For sure it seems harder to relate to ones club in the top tier these days Players come and go, managers and support teams come and go, owners come and go - all at the drop of a hat.

So at the start of the year maybe the fans should just pick their team for that season?

Must admit I'm looking forward to the season but not with any great feeling of loyalty to the 'orns as I felt say 10 years ago.

7. Markthehorn

Has "Bruce DD" finally left?

8. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

I hope that he gets some game time, he's not played for a while. Not one of the finer episodes in the club's history.

9. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

10. F1Hornet

F1Hornet Well-Known Member

I saw him play in the FA Cup and he looked ok. I think the problem was that he was signed by Mazzarri as a player he had been chasing to sign before he was even at Watford, but he arrived injured so missed the cut for the squad. Then Mazzarri left and he was just totally out of favour. I do feel sorry for the guy that we have really held back a career that was progressing nicely in France.

Hornet-Fez likes this.

11. Mexican Hornet

12. Mexican Hornet