1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Summer '18. Transfers / Loans - DONE DEALS! (ins and outs)

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Mexican Hornet, May 24, 2018.

1. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

Given the ages that some keepers play to, I don't think they see Fozzie as a short-term solution for that amount. It may be that he's first choice for a couple of years, becomes back-up and player-coach before becoming a full-time coach. He saw Alec Chamberlain do exactly the same thing when he was with us last time. If the Swedish lad is going to be number 2, that'll mean that Bachmann remains as number 3 - will we send him out on loan or will he want to leave? That is assuming that HG does leave - so far, he's only hinted that may be a possibility, not stated it outright but he probably did that to cover himself in case he doesn't receive any acceptable offers. HG has also been a mentor to Richarlison, so could HG leaving mean that he wants to leave?

2. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

3. Mexican Hornet

4. Mexican Hornet

5. Mexican Hornet

Richy gives the Pozzos lots of ´Silva´ back. A really good deal really, it'd have been stupid not to sell him.

Would love to know the real value of the transfer as lots of different fees bouncing around. Also would love to know if there is a sell on clause.

35,000,000 queens heads rising to 50,000,000 is the range of the deal. WFC say it is an undisclosed fee. :emoticon-0138-think and I am guessing that is all we will hear from them as other players just go with no other message from the club.

I really hope the $$ is reinvested in one or two decent players.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    Markthehorn likes this.
  6. Mexican Hornet

Richarlison told Everton's website: “I want to have a lot of success with Everton. I think it is going to be important for me here to be with Marco Silva again. I will learn more because I am still learning as a player and I aim to develop and grow here. Everton have put their faith in me and I intend to honour this shirt and demonstrate on the pitch why I came here. I’ve known the manager for a while obviously, so I know how he works. I developed really well with him while he was with me at Watford. It was really good working with him and one day I believe he can help me to be selected for Brazil in the full national team. But that is for the future and my present is here with Everton. I want my dreams to become a reality here at one of the biggest clubs in England."

I wish the lad well and it is without a doubt a step up but come on Richy, did Silva tell you just that?!

He's going to be under the microscope there and if he starts like he finished with us there could be problems for him.

7. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

£35M upfront, with add ons for a further £15 according to the Beeb. Pozzos are known for selling at top price, so this is the first real test of have they got it right.

8. Mexican Hornet

Wonder how much the Pozzo's will give the Brazil FA to give little Richy a cap! lol

9. HaslemereKev

HaslemereKev Well-Known Member

The one I saw seemed to suggest £40m that could rise to £50m... but guess we will never really know - I hope there's a sell-on clause too.

It's still a lot of money for us for someone who is only just potential at the moment. Good luck to the guy and if he does well, then imagine he will be looking for the next move within a year or two as you can't really imagine Everton getting into the top four and he will want CL football if he is a success there (as will Silva)

10. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Bet you lot couldnt believe it when Everton made that offer. Absolute madness

11. HaslemereKev

Not overly surprised really. Silva was always going to come in for a couple of our players - and you could tell Richarlison was upset by Silva going, so he was always likely to be one of the ones going.

We were always going to make Everton pay over the odds for one of our players the way they unsettled Silva - so they're paying £40m for who is probably a £25m, player in today's market

12. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Tommy Hoban gone on loan to Aberdeen for the season .

13. F1Hornet

F1Hornet Well-Known Member

I really hope he has an injury free season, wherever he is playing. Had so much promise and his career has been disrupted so much by injury.

Markthehorn and oldfrenchhorn like this.
  14. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

If his international clearance comes through in time, he could make his debut tomorrow against Burnley in the Europa League.

15. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

Looks like a good bit of business to me buy at £12m and sell at around £40m a year later, that's what the Pozzo's are really good at.

I wish Richy good luck as he always put in a shift for us.

Deleted....... and Hornet-Fez like this.
  16. Mexican Hornet

Nice of Richarlison to give a few decent comments about Watford after his transfer. Like ruggerball from him.

Markthehorn and Deleted....... like this.
  17. HaslemereKev

Oh it is a fantastic bit of business, and I also wish him well - other than 2 games next season. He certainly has potential and if he can reach that then will be looking to move into a CL team in 2/3 years (I do hope we have a sell on clause in the deal too)

Silva will get stick at the matches but hope Richy doesn't... I think that would be undeserved

Hornet-Fez and Deleted....... like this.
  18. A1 Horn

A1 Horn Well-Known Member

I have however just turned the July Richarlison page over to the August Prodl page early on my son’s calendar...

19. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

20. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Probably got a number of such players floating about!