1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Suarez Transfer News.

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by goonercymraeg, Jul 24, 2013.

?

Which should leave Arsenal for good>?

Poll closed Oct 18, 2013.
  1. Arsene Wenger

50.0%
  2. Stan Kroenke

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheOXOCube:5pur2

TheOXOCube:5pur2 Pride of North London

Well at least you're gracious enough to admit that.

2. Enricky.

Enricky. Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm a gracious person me <ok>

3. Not PC enough

Not PC enough New Member

yeah but you dont realise the irony , we are in a real bad state at the moment .

We are all really pi$$ed of at what we how far we have fallen ...................but .

every man jack of us thank the lord we havent fallen as far as the pool have .

THAT would be suicide inducing for sure ......

from regular champions . to mid table mediocrity ...............

Not even the best team in the small city with 2 teams .

Thank you LORD , for we are blessed with still getting regular champions league footy and the cash it brings , and the top quality stadium instead of the ancient sh!thole that is anfield.

Thank you lord.

amen

4. Not PC enough

Not PC enough New Member

we might be cr@p at the moment , but we will NEVER be Liverpool cr@p ...........

thank fook for that .

5. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

These pool fans are deluded. You sign a bunch of unknowners and we lose one game and you're coming here giving it. Best worry about getting that 6th place and europa....

6. Arsenal87

Arsenal87 Well-Known Member

Here's the difference between Arsenal and Liverpool:

Arsenal: Actually have the resources to be back where we belong, our crisis is self inflicted, rather than a case of just not being good enough and unable to go back to the top, we have everything in place for us to buy world class players and to be back where we belong, and this is also why fans are so frustrated with our situation. To put it simply, Arsenal have the money to buy the likes of Messi, Ronaldo without making a loss, and gaining a lot of that money back by the next fiscal year.

Liverpool: Are in their **** mid-table position because that's what they have become, a **** mid-table club, that are unable to reach the heights. Liverpool don't have the resources at the moment to be able to reclaim their position or duke it out with the other top clubs, not even Tottenham at the moment.

:) So you Liverpool fans can mock all you want, but we know which position you'd rather be in.

7. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Not here to WUM <ok>

Find it interesting you guys say you wouldn't take any of our new signings. Admittedly none of them have been "world class buys" however you probably know more than any that it's possible to buy "unknown" players and develop them into good/great player.

Mignolet and Begovic were arguably the 2 best keepers in the league last year, along with Cech, and I would have thought you'd take him over Szczesny?

Also Toure had a great debut v Stoke and had a decent pre-season, might not be long term but certainly for a couple of years looks like will be a good signing. Obviously not as good as when he was originally with you guys, but he'd bring experience to your back 4 and also with your injury/suspensions in defence would be a good option.

It's probably too early to judge Aspas & Alberto, with Aspas only having played 70mins of Prem football, but he seemed to link up well with Coutinho & Sturridge against Stoke and scored a few during pre season (admittedly doesn't mean much, but more encouraging than Downing and Borini who struggled even in pre-season).

I'm looking forward to the season as I think us, you and spurs will have a good battle for 4th. I think Spurs will probably nick it just because of their strength in depth, but don't see there being much between us all. We don't have the distraction of Europe (and I use that term loosely as Europe should never be a distraction but something you aim for and try and win) which may help us compared to you in the CL (if you get through) and Spurs.

8. Not PC enough

Not PC enough New Member

Mignolet looked a bit flappy to me ..........i would have to reserve judgement on him for a bit longer .

and yeah , we have a habit of developing young talent , nurturing them carefully untill they are at their best ...then sell em to our rivals

9. The Zlatan

The Zlatan Well-Known Member

Mignolet is Shay Given reincarnated.

10. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

Angry angry people. <ok>

11. Sir_Red

Sir_Red Well-Known Member

Well it's clear Suarez won't be joining Arsenal, can't see the point in this thread cluttering your board

12. ProjectVRD

ProjectVRD Well-Known Member

Just looking to get a feel of where you guys lay the blame, afraid only one answer is allowed as this brings out the true feelings.

13. Grizzly

Grizzly Active Member

Not sure anyone needs to 'leave for good', if they change their approach they can rekindle some respect from fans and maybe even a return to success.
    Too early and too drastic to determine who goes for me, 2 Sept and no upgrades on the other hand...

14. charlienicholasismydad

charlienicholasismydad Active Member

Get rid of Silent Stan and bring back Dein <ok>

15. I am Gooner

I am Gooner Member

Ivan Gazidis, but hes not in your poll.

16. Han Shot First

Han Shot First New Member

Both preferrably

17. Arsegun

Arsegun Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what Stan has done wrong. Perhaps he hasn't been involved enough. If he had been, he might have brought in a better transfers team, a director of football, better physios, or simply sacked Wenger.

18. Han Shot First

Han Shot First New Member

I want Kroenke out before we become major laughing stocks (we're not quite there yet). #

Kroenke's sports franchises have a tendency to become jokes. He bought the St. Louis Rams after they'd won a superbowl, they're now the NFL's laughing stock.

19. Grizzly

Grizzly Active Member

Not quite true, that title now belongs to the Kansas City Chiefs sadly...

For what it's worth none of us know what goes on behind the scenes, I don't know whether the issue for failing to strengthen sits with Wenger, Gazidis or Stan, what I do know is that there's definite friction between IG and AW which cannot be helping the club, particularly in these heightened tension times.

20. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

Both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.