1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Suarez Leaving

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Sauerkraut Inia, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moreinjuredthanowen

40mil is made up imo... ok there's no big mad russian to throw in a silly bid here. bayern want to make a statment and win the euo cup then fine... but they need to stump up. and seeing he's already on 20 goals and prob will have 30 by season's end he'll be hot property.

simple.

i don't think the guy wants to go to germany myself... but he's never made torres style promised etc either so if he makes us 30mil profit i say thanks see you around!

2. mighty_stevie_g

mighty_stevie_g Well-Known Member

Seems to be a lot of talk about 'clauses' now days.

Just like the whole Sturridge having it written in about playing up front - BR first comment "No one will dictate to me where they play"

All bollox designed to unsettle and get the world talking.

3. I see that Michu has signed a new contract, I suspect this will be down to a release clause change. Obviously he will be getting a par rise too <laugh>

4. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

Don't forget Suarez gave up CL football with Ajax to join us! Why?

I doubt he will play out his career wth us and all I want from him when he does leave is a dignified exit.

5. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Ajax were already out of the CL by the time he signed for Liverpool.

He'd just finished his 7 match ban for biting an oponent when he left & he was also gutted about Jol moving on.

Oh & not forgetting the obvious i.e. £'s.....

6. LucasPrime

LucasPrime Member

To be fair to Suarez though, he only signed for £30k per week. Obviously he has signed a new contract now though.

7. Foredeckdave

Foredeckdave Music Thread Manager

So Ajax were out of the CL when he joined us. So What? We weren't even in it! Ajax were also a better bet for the next season.

But don't let any of that get in the way of your bitter jealousy.

8. Kop79

Kop79 Active Member

It is just paper talk Pep prob got asked what players he likes Suarez's name came up and hey presto the rags have a story to put on the back page.And that is all this is PAPER TALK

9. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

But if he knew that Ajax were going to be in it the following year, why did he not stay and look for something better in the CL? Why did he leave in January as well? I think he bought in to what the club were doing and wanted to do. He could have gone to a host of CL clubs in the summer.

10. antidistinctlyminty (ADM)

i'm younger and more talented than Torres

11. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Never mind Suarez, I'm leaving if it keeps bloody snowing! Not getting stuck in work.

12. antidistinctlyminty (ADM)

Conspiracy Theorist - papers making stuff up - never happen

13. antidistinctlyminty (ADM)

Conspiracy Theorist - papers making stuff up - never happens

14. antidistinctlyminty (ADM)

just wondering how long are these so called Long Term contracts that suarez, sterling, wisdom etc have signed

15. Foredeckdave

The length of contract can be as long a period as both sides agree it will be. However the 'term' of the contract really defines a timetable in which both parties can revue their relative positions within the contract. eg. I sign for 5 years by year 3 (if all goes well) I can expect a re-negotiation of the contract because after that the power in the negotiation starts swinging in my favour as my market value decreases as other clubs know that my contract is drawing to a close.

So the time is whatever both sides want it to be.

16. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Maximum length of of contract under FIFA regulations is five years (Five and a half if a player joins in the winter window). Any longer contract would be based on a five year initial term with an option to extend, or would need to have a break clause (That's why Ronaldo and Messi both have break clauses in their contracts, albeit stupidly large ones).

There generally isn't much rationale for clubs to offer contracts longer than five years, as they need to be renegotiated every three years to keep the 'protected period', otherwise players can force a tribunal move under the Webster Ruling.

17. Sauerkraut Inia

Sauerkraut Inia Well-Known Member

Muppet read it it says hope, thats all, I hope that if we play nice they will too, a sort utopian feel thats all, nothing i have said is definite as it all from the rumour mill on the bbc. However if any team with perhaps the exception of utd were to come in with a forty mil + bid i could see us selling, i also doubt strongly that the money would be reinvested into the squad directly by our current or most owners, that is pretty much what is worrying me, as we could lose two world class players.

18. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

"But if he knew that Ajax were going to be in it the following year, why did he not stay and look for something better in the CL? Why did he leave in January as well? I think he bought in to what the club were doing and wanted to do. He could have gone to a host of CL clubs in the summer. "

My point exactly.

19. Foredeckdave

Still means that in the end the term is as long as both parties wish it to be

20. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Just shows how Alan Pardew is better than everyone in the world that....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.