1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Suarez: is he revealing his true identity?

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by carlthejackal, Mar 12, 2012.

1. carlthejackal

carlthejackal Well-Known Member

He is all over the papers today about his wish to play for PSG. Are we surprised by his actions?

2. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

I think the journalist asked him if he wanted to play at PSG and he said something along the lines of 'Yes, just like any other big club' so I wouldn't read too much into it.

He should really show some loyalty to the club after we stuck with him but I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to leave after the way the media and opposition fans have crucified him.

3. LuisDiazgamechanger

No player is biger than the club...he can check out:it is not going to be cheap.<doh>

4. carlthejackal

After the loyalty the club showed him, it is disappointing.

5. mighty_stevie_g

mighty_stevie_g Well-Known Member

**** him if that story is true - PSG will pay top dollar if they did want him, wouldn't be gutted if we chose to replaced to be honest. The thing that does me in most about him is his rolling around and **** - I don't want that sort of thing associated with our club and it don't look like he will change his ways.

6. The artist JerryChristmas

The artist JerryChristmas "Massive old member"

Probably just more hack **** stirring but if he wants to go we get good money and buy us another Mandy <laugh>

7. lettinos 11 (YNWA)

lettinos 11 (YNWA) New Member

I say sell him get the money he's been a pain in the arse and im not his biggest fan... He aint very good in front of goal so why not get rid ? I would be happy with 35 mil. I can see quite a few off at the end of the season.

8. mighty_stevie_g

Do you think? Who can you see leaving?

9. Rubadub

Rubadub Well-Known Member

Do you believe everything you read in the papers?

10. lettinos 11 (YNWA)

lettinos 11 (YNWA) New Member

Kuyt, maxi, spearing, cole, aqa, aurelio, poss andy on loan and maybe suarez if he wants to go, I know cole and aqa are pretty much done deals but the rest i can see being shipped out but who'll replace them i haven't got a clue.

11. carlthejackal

No I don't. When it is reported by all including the non-tabloids there is usually a grain of truth. We can never be certain though.

12. Foredeckdave

Foredeckdave Music Thread Manager

I find this funny. If this was as the papers suggest then not only would there be a verbatum translation already knocking about but the Canal+ piece would already be on Youtube. We already have the Arsenal Podolsky rumour, the RvP to City rumour (apparently his wages have now been agreed - so they say) and there will be more to follow - it's that time of year and it's going to get worse!

However, should Liverpool want to get rid, or the player want to leave, then we must maximise the cash that we get for him. It's a win/win for us. Pay 35m+ and you can have him, we'll find somebodyelse.

13. Bozz

Bozz Well-Known Member

I said in the transfer rumour thread that I wouldn't be fussed if he went. He has given 100% and as long as a transfer is done nice and early to give us money to spend and time to spend it you'll get no complaints here. I've learnt that players come and players go and if Suarez is one of those players then so be it. As everyone has pointed out as great as he is, he is a bit controversial and I don't think the sponsors would mind too much if he went either

14. Foredeckdave

Foredeckdave Music Thread Manager

As fans we are our own worst enemies. When Suarez arrived I hoped that we would not make him into another Nando (if anybody cares to check back then you will find it in the archive). Unfortunately, some of us have done that.

I truly believe that FSG and Kenny and the rest of the management are dedicated to re-building Liverpool Football Club. Therefore, ANY player is just a cog in that wheel. Enjoy them whilst they are here and doing a job for us. When they can't do it as well as another player then let them go! The same applies to Suarez. He's a good player but if we can get more value for the club by selling him then so be it. It's not as if FSG will be looking to sell their best players to pay debts or put more profit in their pockets.

15. Kuyt - I am inclined to agree depending on incomers.
    Maxi - I think we will leave, not enough first team action.
    Spearing - Not a chance.
    Cole - Definitely going somewhere.
    Aquilani - Already pretty much gone.
    Aurelio - Same as Maxi.
    Carroll - He won't be going anywhere, he is here for a while yet.
    Suarez - If Suarez wants to leave, he will go. If we want to get shut of a trouble maker, he will go. Anything else, he will stay. Can't see him going for less than £35m though.

16. mighty_stevie_g

Yeah Cole and And Aqua are givens, aurelio will go, I think its 50/50 for Kuyt and Maxi. Spearing will not be leaving at all, Carroll will be staying right where is also imo.

17. Flappy Flanagan (JK)

Flappy Flanagan (JK) Well-Known Member

I think the players leaving will be minimal.

18. Redbrynner

Redbrynner Well-Known Member

He hasnt said he wants to leave, but if he does let him for a price. Awesome skills, but ridiculous baggage and is the kind of player i could see causing massive problems for us if he decided he wanted to be elsewhere. (A la Tevez>)

That said id love him to commit his future to us and fulfill his potential as our n7

19. Fixed <ok>

20. Redbrynner

Redbrynner Well-Known Member

Had completely forgotten about him until I went to the doctors the other day and saw him in the waiting room.

Was getting a splinter removed from his arse or something