1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sturridge

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by TheBallWinner, Nov 20, 2016.

1. TheBallWinner

TheBallWinner Member

What's going on with him? Do you see him starting against Sunderland?

Should he have started against Southampton and why don't you think Klopp is massively keen?

2. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

i dont think anythings wrong with him, klopp just doesnt change a winning team & it seems that ethos applies to all players, Studge was playing regulalry until his injury as was origi when he was needed last year until his injury, im sure we will see more of studge before long.

if you lose your place you have to win it back under klopp - its good to see tbh

3. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Doesn't fit their system, too much goal scoring and not enough chasing around <ok>

BobbyD, StanDMan and TheBallWinner like this.
  4. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

He may score more than others individually but we (as a team) score more goals when he's not on the pitch.

With you being a Man Utd fan, I can understand you thinking it's all about the individuals though mate <ok>

5. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

He may score more if Coutinho "trusted" him, Benteke had the same problem according to Jimmy.
    How does one player scoring stop the others from chipping in :huh:

6. saintKlopp

If only.....

Anyway, I'd have brought Sturridge on much earlier yesterday. It was clear that Coutinho was a bit jaded. Normally his speed and close control get him past challenges, but he was a bit slow and it was easy for defenders to stay with him and hustle him off the ball.
    I was screaming (metaphorically speaking, of course) for Sturridge to be brought on after the hour mark.
    We still lack penetration against teams with no ambition beyond not losing.
    Danny might get his chance when Mane goes off. If he's still not a starter then I'd expect him to leave.

Diego and Enricky. like this.
  7. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

You do know this was only meant to attract a selected few :grin:

8. saintKlopp

Give me some credit -of course I know what you're about.
    Sometimes a post just gives me the opportunity to say something that was on my mind anyway. The first line was for you, the rest just my take on the thread subject.

jenners04 likes this.
  9. Lucaaas

Lucaaas Well-Known Member

Man Utd played the same way against us and we played better without Sturridge. I agree with you that the game was calling out for Sturridge's introduction but I don't think its as clear cut as team sitting back = better with Sturridge. I thought maybe we were more ineffective against Southampton because they played very narrowly and we don't create much from out wide as we've seen with the Burnley game & yesterday's game in which they both played a narrow defensive formation against us.

I actually think that game could've done with Moreno being introduced because we could do with a left footed full back putting in first time deliveries rather than the right footed Milner who keeps having to cut back onto his right giving their defence just enough time to get into better positions.

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  10. saintKlopp

No, I didn't mean that. I just meant that Coutinho was clearly goosed and some change ought to have been made.
    However, I do think it's worth throwing Sturridge on in a game like that, as long as he has the instruction to get in the box. Coutinho really tends to play along the 20 yard line a lot and little comes of it in those situations.
    Having said that, he did come deep an awful lot yesterday and didn't even manage one of his trademark 20 yard screamers into the stands.
    We did get a handful of good balls into dangerous areas but couldn't finish.
    One of those days.

11. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

Studge will never be what he was. He may go overseas for a bit and then go play for United when he's old and really washed up.

12. moreinjuredthanowen

I see diego was drunk again.

The rest of you must have been to to not tell him sturridge scores faff all. engurlund gosls dont count

13. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you've never seen Coutinho and Sturridge play together if you think he doesn't trust him. :)

johnsonsbaby and Zanjinho like this.
  14. LuisDiazgamechanger

Against united Lallana started late, result 0:0 . Against Southampton Lallana did not
    play result 0:0. As for Sturridge , he is not the type of Klopp's forward, would be surprised if he's not sold in January as Klopp is looking for another forward.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  15. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Coutinho and Studge play well together so **** knows where you got the trust thing from.

I never said others don't chip in when Studge plays either. I said the team score more. IE; it's a better team without Studge in it; both offensively and defensively.

16. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

So basically Lallana is the reason we leak goals!? <yikes>

#lallanaout

saintKlopp likes this.
  17. LuisDiazgamechanger

@Zingy you are jumping the gun. I am only saying that Lallana is creative.

18. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

and I'm saying he costs us goals. <yikes>

19. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Studge is the only out-and-out goalscorer we have, especially as Ings just hasn't happened since he come here (through no fault of his own). He was brought on 20 minutes too late against Soton, that's for sure. His problem is NOT that he doesn't run around (he played in a fluid front three with Sterling and Suarez and was fantastic), but that he only has the stamina to do it for an hour tops, and for three games out of five too. Any more and he gets injured.

Look, I'm a fan of Firmino for what he is - an energetic no 8 of the old school. He misses some real sitters though, as does Lallana (though he's getting better), and whilst Mane scores some belters he too is not in Studge's class in the box. Origi inspires hope too, and is developing tremendously. Question is - does Studge want to be plan B and a cup tie player at this stage of his career? And, if Saturday is to go by, ten or so minutes is ****e given how the game was going.

Then again... he needs to be careful what he wishes for. Even if he played in a slow paced, defensive minded team like, say, United, the records show that if he plays four/five games on the trot then he gets injured. he's got to be properly managed, and generally speaking he has been at Liverpool. Saturday was alarming for everyone though - if Klopp couldn't see to bring him on for the last half hour (or even start him, considering that he didn't play against Spain) then there is a problem. Same has to be said for Origi though.

I thought Mane looked shot after about an hour on Saturday too, by the way. And, as mentioned, dire as Moreno has been, he has improved in his last couple of appearances, and it would have been an idea to free up Milner for midfield. Can looks leaden a lot of times, and on Saturday he was just woefully off the pace.

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  20. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Kindergarten stuff, that <doh>