1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Strikers

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Our striking options for a PL side are nothing short of ridiculously poor. Gayle still frustrates the hell out of me. He clearly has ability but he doesn't half miss some chances and he is injured all the time. Carroll is injured all the time, and being brutal is not even half the player who left us. Joelinton - **** knows what to say about him. I do feel sorry for him but my god his technique is shocking. Muto - who is he <laugh>

In truth I wouldn't want any of the 4 in my striking options whether we got taken over or not. I wouldn't care Almiron and ASM are really good, if they had a quality striker in the mix they'd be mustard.

2. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

All things considered, I thought Carroll put in a pretty decent display on Sunday, think he deserves a chance vs Bournemouth

G4rdToonArmy likes this.
  3. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

I'd like to see him given a chance if we are sticking with 4-5-1 with Joe moved out wide on the wing and AC through the middle. would be a very different prospect with players close to him.

4. Warmir Pouchov

I'd give him a chance simply because the options are poor. He tried but to be honest, when you set up with 9 players on the edge of your box, criticising the striker for his display would be unfair. Bruce has to carry the can for Sunday (bar it turning up that he didn't ask them to do that and they actually just bottled it of course)

Watching Carroll though, he ain't the player he was sadly. Joelinton still looks a wide player to me, and an average one at best. Gayle will probably pull his hammy before Bournemouth anyway. I feel a bit sorry for Muto but can only assume he looks absolutely gash in training, because successive managers have shown zero interest in him. He hasn't actually looked that horrific when he's been involved, and might at least bring some energy and closing down. Don't get me wrong, I'm not convinced at all but we've seen him so infrequently it seems harsh to judge him.

Its a bit of a joke when you run through the strikers mind. When I think how some of fans would criticise Cisse when he was here, getting on his back. He looks a million dollars compared to this lot!

Judge Death likes this.
  5. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Muto stuck on 24 appearances

Wonder if number 25 means an appearance payment to Mainz?

Judge Death and Warmir Pouchov like this.
  6. Warmir Pouchov

I'd say yes but do you honestly think Rafa would have listened to Ashley? If he was any good he'd have just played him and risked the wrath. I don't think Bruce would be a yes man either. He's probably just **** <laugh>

Flash likes this.
  7. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

How the **** did he get to 24 (26 inc cups) appearances? Joe is on 31 (37) this season :emoticon-0175-drunk