1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Strikers

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by afcftw, Sep 23, 2017.

1. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Wenger made comments after our LC game saying that he has 6 or 7 strikers and if 3 of them play one game on the weekend he expects the other three to play midweek regardless of the competition.

Do you think these are genuine comments with Wenger planning on rotating a lot more this season or is it a way to avoid questions about the games Sanchez has or hasn't played?

I get the feeling the comments are to keep the players happy who won't be playing consistently. Mid week games at least for the first half of the season are likely to be FA cup, LC and Europa league games so I'd expect our backup strikers to play! I bet this isn't the case when the back end of the season arrives... Though knowing Wenger he will play our backup team through the whole Europa.

Sanchez and Ozil will take two of the three up top spots whenever they are fit and it's an important game IMO. That leaves Lacazette (who you'd expect to play with the other two), welbeck, Giroud, Walcott and Iwobi to fight for the other spot.

How do you see our strikers being used? Will Wenger rotate as he says? Would you?

2. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

No idea... But felt the need to just go somewhere and say that being 20GD behind Man City after five games makes me want to cry.

3. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Yeah it's a ridiculous stat...

22 goals in there last 5 games. They are looking immense in front of goal.

4. blukyt

blukyt Well-Known Member

Pep and Man City are good at football.

Looking forward to seeing Alexis and Lacazette play together tonight