1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Strange times

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Bexinio, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Bexinio

Bexinio Well-Known Member

I know it's not recent thing but when did players especially strikers start becoming happy being 3rd or 4th choice at a top club than be the main man at a mid table club. Is it money, is it that national coaches don't pick players from lower clubs or is it simply that the champions league now dominates everything? Borini is currently the 1 in the subject matter now but there has been so many more. What would you do?

2. its been fun thanks :)

its been fun thanks :) ♬♬Badum-tish! ♬♬
    Forum Moderator

Reckon Champions League is the deciding factor for most players

3. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

£100,000 a week not playing, £30,000 a week playing, give me a minute to think about that Bexino.

4. Bexinio

Bexinio Well-Known Member

Well thanks but you obviously haven't taken a minute to think as Borini would be payed probably just as much by us as by Liverpool and I bet he ain't on 100000 pound a week

5. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

Yip, there is always a major international tournament on the horizon aswell, next up the euro's

6. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

I didn't even need a second to think about that. £30,000 a week and playing would be the option I take every time. A footballer will just want to play football, a mercenary will take the money.

7. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

In that case he's a twat then.:emoticon-0102-bigsm

8. Graham Carr's Binoculars

Graham Carr's Binoculars Well-Known Member

Doesn't make sense, using borini as an example for a second. If champions league football is the be all and end all to him (and if he thinks he's good enough for that level) then why doesn't he sign for you, prove he's good enough at that level by getting say 12-16 goals for you over the next two seasons. He'll then get a move to a champions league club and be more likely to be a starter.

Ba, Remy and Cabaye have all done that with us. There are other examples such as Welbeck using his loan move with you as a springboard, Danny Rose did the same to a lesser extent. Anelka at Bolton, there are loads of examples.

Just don't get the logic of preferencing the bench at a top club over being adored by 40k plus fans at a Sunderland, Newcastle, Southampton etc.