1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Stones bid rejected

Discussion in 'Everton' started by Tobes, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

English international, young, only get better.

Tell me the options and why Jose isn't buying them instead <laugh>

2. BobbyD

BobbyD President

In all honesty i'd be fuming if we bought stone for anything more than 20m. Even at 20m he's overpriced. Bit like Sterling, he may have WC potential but at 20m i would rather have a player who was a bit more of a sure thing.

Stones has looked good enough in the short spell he was playing but i wouldn't put him anywhere near world class or even close to a Terry/Hummels. He may be in the England international squad and as a young age, but we all know that is no guarantee that he will become a top level defender see Phil Jones/Chris Smalling who are regular starters and i would never pay 20m for.

Not just that, Jose would probably have him on the bench and he'd end up not progressing and for the fact we already have an up and coming defender who looks just as good as Stones (zouma) who physically is far better (stronger and faster).

3. LuisDiazgamechanger

Roman Abramovich is there for Chelsea willing to bankroll Chelsea because he simply love football.

4. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

He's 21 and the best young Englsih CB in the game.

You can't pass comment on his value as you've not seen enough of him to know how good he is.

Yes, he's not quite the finished article, but he WILL develop into one of the best of the best. How do I know this? Simple, it's down to his intelligence and his attitude towards the game. I knew all about this lad before he even joined us, and even then people were talking about him as a future England captain.

You're right he's not worth £20m, he's worth nearer £40m in the current market.

Unfortunately, we're going to lose him imo, but you'll end up paying mid to high 30's for him.

5. LuisDiazgamechanger

Jose Mourinho have a very good judgement of English players, believe me, he is not going to buy rubbish.

6. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Not sure about that. Not knowing exactly who is whos buy (i'm assuming we can say Shevchenko is Abramovic and so was Torres) if we are talking about english players, Mourinho hasn't really bought many, the only one being Shaun Wright Phillips who was a flop especially at the price we paid.

As for his transfer record its pretty hit and miss

Hits
    Willian
    Carvalho
    Costa
    Fabregas
    Matic
    Remy
    Drogba
    Ballack
    Essien
    Cole
    Schurrle

Flops
    Del Horno
    Ferreira
    Wright Phillips
    Boularhouz
    Kezman
    Mikel
    Cuadrado
    Salah

Sort of Flops (cheap-ish) but weren't detrimental or positive
    Tiago
    Kalou
    Luis

7. BobbyD

BobbyD President

I can pass comment whether you agree with it or not. Just my opinion and likewise i have a differing opinion to your valuation of Barkley as well (and i suspect Wilshit who i save most of my criticism for)

Do i think Stones will be a solid defender throughout his career. Of course, i would be more than happy to flutter than Stones would reach the levels of someone like a Gary Cahill. If i had to wager that he'd be a Nesta, a Terry or a Ferdinand, i wouldn't be so confident. For 20 odd million quid, i would want more than a Gary Cahill

8. LuisDiazgamechanger

I am only referring to British players he signed. How many of them?
    Answer......please.

9. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Shaun Wright Phillips - Flop
    Ashley Cole - Hit (this one was an easy one though, already established and WC)
    Scott Sinclair - Flop
    Steve Sidwell - Flop

10. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

You're passing comment without having detailed knowledge of him, so your comment lacks any real substance. The fact that you said that he's not worth £20m shows that you're completely ill informed as to the lads actual ability.

11. BobbyD

BobbyD President

That's just my opinion of him. I agree you get to watch him better but i also know different people will have differing football opinions. Does the fact that Liverpool fans super highly rate Sahko and basically laud him as WC and the next best defender since Maldini mean that you can't think he looks like a donkey on the ball and that hes rubbish (and he had a mare at everton against you last season) since they watch him week in week out and you don't.

I'm just saying that i have likened his current ability to someone like Gary Cahill and i would not pay 20m for Gary Cahill. You are basically saying Stones is much younger and has loads of potential and he will make it (i disagree with this already as you have admitted Sterling is way overpriced and its all potential City are paying for which is the same situation minus Sterlings i want to move attitude).

12. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

The market dictates the price though, and the market says he's worth more than Luke Shaw who went for £32m

The prices may well be ridiculous in our opinion, but they're the market rates at present.

13. Stan

Stan Stalker

Shaw was £27million.

14. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

It was £31m with add ons.

15. Stan

Stan Stalker

16. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

17. Stan

Stan Stalker

You said his fee was £32million. You then said £31m with add ons. Both incorrect.

The fee was £27million with add ons. So far we've paid £27million (as I said). We may end up paying £31million.

We will never pay £31million plus add ons or £32million!

You can have your eggs back...

18. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

FFS <doh>

You said he was £27m - he wasn't, that was the base fee, his total fee was £31m i.e. with the add ons.

You then posted a link which said exactly that.

Have the ****ers back

19. Stan

Stan Stalker

"The 18-year-old's fee could rise to £31m, depending on his performance."

If you think we've already paid over the extra £4million then you're loopy, unless the add ons were based on him achieving a handful of appearances in his first season!

And at no point in the article does it say that the fee was £32million or £31million plus add ons which are the two (incorrect) prices you've quoted in this discussion.

I think you've spent too much time crossing swords with Astro as he's rubbing off on you!

20. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I never said it was £31m plus add ons, you're seeing things again daft lad.

One things for sure, the fee wasn't £27m all in, it's £31m if he turns out to be any good or you win things while he's there, doesn't sound like you're backing either of those horses though.

Well done for taking the pedantic **** of the day award though

Blueman likes this.