1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Still up to dirty tricks ...

Discussion in 'Celtic' started by EspaniaCelt, Jul 5, 2012.

1. EspaniaCelt

EspaniaCelt Well-Known Member

...if the player's union are correct.

'PFA Scotland say the Scottish FA has "rejected to issue the registration for one of our clients to an English Premier League club"

...The union say Rangers "deliberately" misrepresented the contract situation.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18696402

2. Super hooper

Super hooper New Member

EspaniaCelt, Who are you likely to believe the Players Union headed by former hun or Mr Green and is it David Murray's Brother the
    new man at Sevco. If he is David wee brother he truly would be a fit and proper person to run Sevco.

3. MrT

MrT Well-Known Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=family+guy+down+syndrome+girl +song&oq=family+guy+down&gs_l=youtube-reduced.3.1.0l4.136506.141990.0.143834.17.11.1.5.6 .0.250.1032.0j2j3.5.0...0.0.mhCaexDtfcU[/video]

4. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

alex thomson ‏@alextomo
    Standby for proof of how Scottish Football League intends to stifle the voice of clubs and stop them voting at all

11m alex thomson ‏@alextomo
    Standby for proof of how Scottish football authorites intend silencing opposition to their Division 1 plan.
    Expand

12m alex thomson ‏@alextomo
    EXCLUSIVE - standby for a TOMOBLOG on why Friday 13th is a farce.

5. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

A senior Football League source has just leaked this to me. Note second section which appears to be a clear attempt to by-pass any vote and shoehorn Rangers Newco into Div 1. Incredible.
    You have been warned:

Subject: SFL Special General Meeting – Friday, 13th July, 2012

Dear Sir or Madam,

NOTICE OF SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING – SCOTTISH FOOTBALL LEAGUE
    Notice is hereby given that a Special General Meeting of The Scottish Football League will be held within the Bell/Baird Suite on the fifth floor of Hampden Park, Glasgow on Friday, 13th July, 2012 at 11.00 a.m. for the purpose of considering and, if thought fit, approving the following proposals:-

(i) That the Scottish Football League Members agree to admit Sevco Scotland Limited as an Associate Member and agrees to permit Rangers F.C. to play in the League during Season 2012/13.

(ii) That the Scottish Football League Members direct the Board of Management of The Scottish Football League (the “Board”) to provide that Rangers F.C. shall play in the Third Division of the Scottish Football League during Season 2012/13 unless the Board shall have to its satisfaction negotiated and reached agreement with The Scottish Premier League and The Scottish Football Association on a series of measures which the Board shall consider to be in the best interests of the game, how it is structured, how it is governed and how it is financed, whereupon the Board shall be authorised to provide that Rangers F.C. shall play in the First Division of the Scottish Football League during Season 2012/13.

(iii) That the Scottish Football League Members in terms of Rule 12 approve the resignation of either Dundee F.C. or Dunfermline Athletic F.C., whichever shall be admitted to join the Scottish Premier League for Season 2012/13, such resignation to take effect as at the date of admission of such club to the Scottish Premier League, notwithstanding that the requisite notice under Rule 12 shall not have been given.Details of the series of measures referred to at (ii) above shall be made available to the Members in advance of the meeting and an opportunity for full discussion of those measures will be given prior to the proposals being put to the meeting.

In accordance with the terms of SFL Rule 53, your club must send one representative to this meeting and I would be most grateful if you could advise me of the name of your representative by return.

A buffet lunch will be served at the conclusion of the meeting.

Kind regards,
    David A. Longmuir
    Chief Executive, SFL.

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thoms...gers-vote/2201

6. eric cartman

eric cartman Well-Known Member

Buffet lunch! How things have changed since the days of Murray and succulent lamb.

7. Cossy

Cossy Well-Known Member

It'll be interesting to hear Turnbull Hutton's view on this; or will the papers try to portray him as some nutty malcontent?

8. EspaniaCelt

Not sure I read it quite like that Reb - is it not the case that the clubs will actually vote on the second proposal so it is in their hands whether or not to let the SFL Board negotiate with the SPL and SFA on their behalf?

9. Thomas The Cat

Thomas The Cat Well-Known Member

No, the clubs vote them into the league (from bottom) and then the board of the SFL negotiate with the SPL and SFA to do whatever they like and the clubs have no further say.

10. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thoms...thorities/2211

My sources are senior and widely respected figures in Scottish League Football and rarely have I heard men so angry about an invitation to a meeting.

They describe it in many ways, some of which I know my lawyer will not allow me to pass on. So let’s just choose one adjective:

“Despicable.”

Their reaction of course, all flows from that second paragraph of the invitation to next Friday’s meeting where the SFL says:

“That the Scottish Football League Members direct the Board of Management of The Scottish Football League (the “Board”) to provide that Rangers F.C. shall play in the Third Division of the Scottish Football League during Season 2012/13 unless the Board shall have to its satisfaction negotiated and reached agreement with The Scottish Premier League and The Scottish Football Association on a series of measures which the Board shall consider to be in the best interests of the game, how it is structured, how it is governed and how it is financed, whereupon the Board shall be authorised to provide that Rangers F.C. shall play in the First Division of the Scottish Football League during Season 2012/13.”

My sources have spoken exclusively to Channel 4 News and say that many in the league are not simply enraged that their vote is being taken away but that the SFA and SPL are now also directly involved and directly involved in effectively gagging the League clubs by stifling their votes.
    My sources decline to be identified at this stage but one said:

“They’ve just gone ahead to steamroller us. It’s farcical. They’ve cooked it all up amongst themselves.”

Speaking on condition of anonymity he says there is now very little trust held by many senior League people in either the SFA or the SPL both as organisations in this matter and in terms of the conduct of their respective Chief Executives Stewart Regan and Neil Doncaster.

He was one of a number this afternoon accusing Scottish Football of simply tearing up its own rulebook and suggested that either FIFA or UEFA might well be interested in taking a look at what is going on.

I have not been able to contact UEFA, the SFA or the SFL on this matter, it being a weekend.

This will further enrage fans across the country who have long suspected a stitch-up. Recent threats and hyperbole from Scottish football’s authorities about “Armageddon” if “Rangers” go to D3 won’t have helped.

Still less the SFA’s Stewart Regan contemplating “social unrest” if “Rangers” disappear. Leaving aside various police forces who dealt with actual social unrest when Rangers FC fans did appear, his wild speculation looked desperate, not least given its hypothetical context.

Like today’s extraordinary letter of intent, it speaks of the utter desperation Scottish football’s governing bodies have to find some way, somehow, somewhere to go on milking the so-called “Rangers” cash-cow.
    At least now this latest tactic is unmasked, leaked as they surely knew it would be.

Many will conclude that fans, chairmen and players have five days now to counteract the latest gambit-of-despair from Hampden Park.

11. Cossy

Cossy Well-Known Member

The answer is very simple then.

Don't vote them in.

What would the SFA/ SPL/ SFL do then?

12. Albatross

Albatross Well-Known Member

Thomo says he is trying to get in touch with Fifa and Uefa, but cannot as it is the w/end. I suspect that this will change and that the motions will be altered. I think that SFA/SPL/SFL might have been flying a kite here; try to judge the reaction otherwise why not release the questions much closer to the vote e.g. 12/7/12

13. EspaniaCelt

Could the SFL clubs not, for example, approve the 1st and 3rd motions but vote against the second and then it doesn't happen - so would have to be amended/redrafted to the satisfaction of the clubs, thus matters are still in their hands?

14. Hoopster67

Hoopster67 Well-Known Member

Have to agree with Cossy here, it appears the only option is not to vote them in at all. If they agree to option 1, in my opinion, the board will just put newco into league 1 anyway without any prior agreement with clubs. Voting "Yes" to 1 will nullify a "no" vote for number 2. It is a stitch up.

15. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

good question.

Good on Timmy Thomson for getting it out there though.

16. EspaniaCelt

As I see it, the way things stand, nothing can be done without the majority of the SFL clubs supporting it. There is no way, therefore, that 'the Board' can force through option 2 (or indeed anything else) without that majority of clubs agreeing to it through their votes.

Voting to agree the first motion is simply agreeing Newco's registration into the SFL and accepting that they can play in it but not in which division. Rejecting the 2nd motion would mean that the SFL clubs do not agree that Newco should play in the 1st Division (nor indeed that the SFL Board should have sole discretion to negotiate future structures and their governance as well as the financial set-up, with the SPL and SFA).

It may all be academic in any case as the picture being painted, of the awful repercussions if Newco are not in the 1st Div, may blackmail the SFL clubs to go along with whatever their Board wants to do in collusion with the SFA and SPL.

I could, of course, be wrong.

17. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

The structure of the vote is fixed as well. A straight majority....hmm.

This is all very clandestine. The Football authorities tried their best to protect Rangers from death and now they are trying to breathe life into the new club. I will always support Celtic but I will forever more view it as a sport that is completely rigged.

18. EspaniaCelt

I believe it's not just in football but in all sport Reb and it's in every aspect of life as well, in various forms. It's the nature of the beast that is man, unfortunately. Sceptical of the world we live in, as it may seem, I believe it is naive to think otherwise. We all may start out with the best of intentions but when given power of any kind, that's when self-serving abuse of it and corruption begins to creep in. I don't believe there is anyone immune to it, even if they don't see it in themselves ... I just wish I had some power - solely in the interests of checking out my theory you understand. <whistle>

19. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

I know, but this is sport. I go through these phases of being utterly repulsed by a sport I really enjoy.

I have seen the rules being applied in the GAA but the spirit really stretched in the last week. I have recently heard of a couple of London lads boxing for Jamaica getting ****ed over for Olympic places. An Irish lad miss out on a place due to a ridiculous hometown decision. Floyd Mayweather deciding he wants to go home from prison because it it uncomfortable and the food ain't great. More pro boxers failing drugs tests. All sorts of ****e but literally nothing amounting to the protection being afforded Sevco.

20. EspaniaCelt

I believe 'saving Sevco' is mainly about money Reb. Yes, they are the reincarnation of the 'establishment' club and I don't doubt that the bigoted, self-indulgent members of that ilk have been doing all in their power to save it as well. I love watching any good game of football and am passionate about Celtic but football is a business and a big one at that, so nothing that goes on behind the scenes surprises me. I do believe, however, that, to a certain extent, what goes around comes around and that has nothing to do with divine intervention. It's just a matter of Hubris ... and after all, isn't that exactly what Rangers have brought on themselves? So take comfort in that - those Greeks certainly knew a thing or three.