1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Steve Lovell

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by The Gills PegLeg, Apr 12, 2018.

1. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Confirmed today that he's signed a new two year deal as manager of Gillingham. Congrats to Steve, deserves the chance to build his own team. Best of luck to our Welsh Wizard!

grumpygit and brb like this.
  2. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Now it needs Scally to find a budget that gives him/us a chance.

3. brb

brb CR250

He's not going to get a budget, we don't have any money. Did we ever actually get the money owed us out of them dodgy caterers?

Anyway, to Mr Lovell....well deserved and congratulations to him...that's the positive...now the negative, how long is this managers contract going to last until Christmas?

Right next up players....who knows the contract situation with all of them, anyway regardless my thoughts...

Keep Zak
    Keep Wagstaff
    Keep Eaves

Get Holy to sort out his kicking <grr> or get rid

Anyone else....hmmm, Byrne maybe, Hessy time to move on, to be honest there is not anyone else setting my world on fire...so i give you three names out of a squad of how many!

Look the simple fact is if we are serious about Championship football, Scally might be, I'm not, then he needs to find some serious budget, is that going to happen nope....oh hang on just seen the new ground flying elephant fly pass again :)

All said and done, I'm looking forward to next season, bring on the Sunderland and Scummy Luton <whistle>

4. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

Who knows how much money we've got? I'm not even sure that Scally does.

The 2016/17 accounts are 6 weeks overdue. Another 2 weeks and Companies House will commence compulsory strike off proceedings which might focus attention somewhat. And of course since the end of the financial year we've had the Centreplate settlement, Anderson's demand for repayment of loans to the club, and a full season of football income and expenditure.

I know I keep banging on about the lateness of accounts, but just keep in mind that a company the size of BP (market capitalisation c. £100 billion) manages to publish its results quarterly, one month after the end of the quarter. GFC (market capitalisation c. £0.47m) can't produce results once a year, 10½ months after the end of the year. Surely our accounts can't be THAT complicated.

Anyhow, good news, and good luck to SL. On the sort of budget that most of us think he'll be working with, if he can keep us competitive in L1 he'll be doing a decent job, and we can hope for a decent run in a cup or two and a payday from that.

brb likes this.