1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Steve Lansdown Interview.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Aug 6, 2018.

1. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

For the negative posters on here, you know who you are.

6BF7E811-9EFB-490D-9E81-F13CFE9F3368.gif

Supcon72 likes this.
  2. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Cotterill signed Kodjia and we made umpteen millions - No, LJ made umpteen millions as he had the vision to sell him at the right time, SC would have held on to him for sure.

Redprintt, you can't see the wood for the trees mate. Why are you so fixated on who signed players, none of the players sold were bought by LJ, but they were all improved to a point where their value was significantly higher than when LJ joined, that is good football mangement!!

Happy to wager a bet that if LJ left tomorrow and any signing he's made got sold later this season or next at great profit, you would not give LJ the credit.......

Happy to be proven wrong on Hordur, but I thought we bought him for £1M and sold him for just over £2M, so double in my book.

BCFCRob likes this.
  3. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  4. Alandicksthegreat

Alandicksthegreat Well-Known Member

See Wiz is digging up everything negative on LJ again, keep digging Wiz he's still here, mate your old enough to know, don't believe everything you read.

5. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

It’s one signing Wiz get over it. Every club makes bad signings, they don’t come with guarantees. He’s more than made up for that loss

AshtonRed and Alandicksthegreat like this.
  6. RedorDead

Did you know we made a profit on Bobby Reid and Joe Bryan of 16 million. Unbelievable add to the profit of 6.65 million on Flint. Shameful business by LJ and the club.

AshtonRed and Supcon72 like this.
  7. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Wiz - you can't educate pork.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  8. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

I thought we had a scouting network that sought out likely targets, negotiations were done by Ashton and co on approval of Lee and the club would sell, even if LEE DIDNT WANT TO .. to balance the books, keep inside fairplay, and have money to progress.

to progress take for an example:-
    a hypothetical scenario

part one
    club can only attract better players if paying the wages!
    crowd figures = main income
    profit and loss is equal to par as we stand so we go into debt or stay as we are

part two
    a squad of 15 players that will get an additional [ sum/ £3000 a week ] more than the rest
    need to sell 1 player or raise a profit of £2.5m annually, this may mean sell more than 1 to cover losses on the odd ONE that doesn't gain value.

We already have a squad that has players on different tiers, [ but a maximum ceiling ]and it is difficult at this point in time to say who is our next big money [ more than £4m ] export
    it will probably be Niclas ? Brownhill? Eisa?

9. Supcon72

Nor can you make the blind see Redprintt!!

RedorDead likes this.
  10. Supcon72

Steady on, you'll upset the haters if you go suggesting that any LJ signing might make the club money, we can't be having that, they might have to admit their wrong.......

11. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

We have a little mini frenzy going on just because I hilighted 1 newspaper report on the amount of money lost on 3 LJ player transactions and the loss of £3m plus, I stated it was shameful judgement on his part and it was, I also think Sir Alec showed shameful judgement when he sold Pogba for £1m or so and they had to break the world record to buy him back but I don't hate him and I don't hate LJ, it's a stinking remark

Why don't you people get off of your high horses and just accept that someone can offer a genuine criticism of LJ, if you don't like it fair enough, you are perfectly right to express it, so am I and so is any other individual but cut out the crap of hatred and personal sarcasm, open discussion and opinions are valued and mature, let us keep to it.

I promise you if LJ gets it right I will be the first in the queue to compliment him, if he gets it wrong I will state it, that will be an opinion, not an expression of undying love or hatred.

I won't respond to any more of this nonsense, I thought those days were gone but certain individuals just want to keep it personal, it's Bristol City FC we all care about, lets just concentrate on them and enjoy what we all hope will be a successful season.

Up the City.

Angelicnumber16, Redprintt and raver like this.
  12. RedorDead

Why put it on a public forum if you didn’t want anyone to reply?

13. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Where does it say that?

14. Alandicksthegreat

Alandicksthegreat Well-Known Member

Don't criticise Wiz, he gets all techy.

15. RedorDead

Ok, apart from building us a stadium, building a state of the art training facility, writing off depts, becoming a stable club and building for the future, what’s Lansdown ever done for us?...

68C86D1C-1800-4696-853C-76C409CA19BD.jpeg

Supcon72 and AshtonRed like this.
  16. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

In fairness Wiz your previous post, whilst accurate , did suggest the loss was reflective of Lees tenure, whilst actually that isn’t true , I’m no lover of LJ , but on balance I have to admit his record in terms of selling players for a profit is pretty good.

I’m not interested in getting involved with personal stuff against anyone , which is why I didn’t comment on any of the posts which did so.

17. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

'I’m no lover of LJ , but on balance I have to admit his record in terms of selling players for a profit is pretty good'

Name one player he's signed and sold for a profit.

18. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

How much do you think we’d have got for Bobby before LJ had the foresight & coaching ability to put him upfront last season , I’d wager we’d have been lucky to get £1m .
    In my book he’s £9m in credit on just that one piece of business, I’m sure you’d be the first to criticise had he bought him for £10m last season and sold him for £1m this ?.

19. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

In your opinion, without LJ as manager, would we have made £10m on Reid and £6m on Bryan? If they had been on significant contract lengths you could almost double those values also.

Red Robin likes this.
  20. RedorDead