1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Steve Bruce

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Dr Van Helsing, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

We've been put out the cup for 13 years mate. He's actually done better than any other. If its not Oxford, its Brentford, if its not Brentford its Notts Forest (twice) if its not Forest its Sheff Wed. This is Ashley's Newcastle, I don't know why fans keep expecting something else.

We were saying this same thing about the top end of the PL championship previously. That's because we look when we are on a low in the PL. I'll never forget the predictions the first time round under Hughton. We were gonna plummet through the leagues. It quickly became apparent Mr Ashley needed to be back among the PL for his business plan and made it happen.

He promised to put us in purgatory after the abuse of his daughter. He's a man of his word <laugh><laugh><laugh>

2. Dr Van Helsing

Dr Van Helsing Well-Known Member

He's had the easiest draws in club history, so that explains that.

I expect the worst

We will sell our best players and get relegated

3. Warmir Pouchov

I think its pretty clear the draw is irrelevant looking at the sides that put Rafa, Pardew etc out <laugh> He's just done better at navigating the cups. Probably because he has tried in them.

4. Dr Van Helsing

The draw isnt relevant???

We played one prem side and lost... The other games needed extra time vs league 2 sides ffs and one win vs West Brom in the championship...

The draw was the most relevant explanation for reaching the game vs City

Rafman likes this.
  5. Warmir Pouchov

No it isn't relevant when you assess us over the last 13 years. Regardless of the manager, we've been put out regularly to sides from lower divisions. So simply claiming Bruce has done better because of the draw is clearly incorrect. Its not like Rafa or Pardew etc were losing to Man C and Liverpool. We've lost to Oxford, Forest twice, Sheff Wed under the likes of Rafa, McClaren and Pardew. Bruce has simply approached the cup better than the other managers. When he has played **** sides, he's managed to get a result. The others didn't but I suspect they weren't trying to either.

6. Dr Van Helsing

Come on mate the draw we got is the reason we got that far.. I take the piss but this is just common sense

Rafman likes this.
  7. Dr Van Helsing

2 league 2 draws and one championship

8. Warmir Pouchov

The point is you pointed out that Brentford will put us out the cup as evidence of a decline. Its a poor indicator because we've had our best cup run. We've had good draws at various times over the last 13 years. We've never even looked close to winning and have lost badly to some really poor sides. Oxford played us off the park and battered us about 3-0.

9. Dr Van Helsing

No I did not that's an absolute fallacy.

I've said I think they'll beat us and I cannot be wrong yet.

I've shown clear evidence however that the side rafa left created as many chances or close than any side despite in some cases only having 30 % possesion... There isn't one under Bruce I've found that's the dave, but feel free to find me one for review.

I've given the last 5 of rafas reign seems the most relevant ad that's the side he left...

How about Bruce's last 5???

10. Warmir Pouchov

We were discussing decline mate, and potential to not bounce back should we be relegated. You said the top sides in the Championship would beat us now and Brentford will put us out of the cup. So I'm afraid you did.

The bit about judging Rafa only on the end of his reign is nonsense and just cherry picking bits to suit. That's a lack of understanding of football if you truly believe that. If you are going to judge like that, then it would be impossible to explain why having ended the 2017-2018 season in top 8 form since January, he proceeded to start the 2018-19 in the form of a relegation certainty. Rafa himself is on record saying he targeted the second half of seasons. This is why you can only judge a manager on entire seasons if you want an accurate assessment

Possession has been assessed and both Rafa and Bruce don't have any. Neither play good football. You keep mentioning Rafa creates more chances than Bruce. Great, he's slightly less **** than Bruce. Its hardly a badge of honour.

11. Dr Van Helsing

You've argued points and I've simply demonstrated why you've been incorrect..

The key here is that I've proved your argument that we were just as bad under rafa to be demonstrably wrong and now rather than swallow your pride and say on fair enough you've instead decided to back peddle to a separate area of debate.

I'm more than happy to admit when I'm wrong, but unfortunately most of the people I've encountered in society seem simply unable...

So what's the latest debate

How many times can I try to explain your lack of understanding here?

The side he LEFT is not the side that he started the season with.. I stated the side rafa LEFT was the 7th best performing side in the premier league..... There's not one single innacuracy in my comment.. You simply cannot understand it because you're either too unintelligent or you've got yourself so far into the argument that you don't want to say fair enough... I know it's the latter because you really aren't thick mate.

Anyway I've presented the last 5... I'll now present say the last 10 or 15??? Then Bruce's last 15 after 18 no the in charge and 90 million pounds??

You see my foolish friend the numbers don't lie and your eyes do....

I'll say it again

The side rafa left was an effective counter attacking side....

Bruce's is just a mess

12. Warmir Pouchov

I've never argued we were just as bad under Rafa, you are mistaken and I think that is your issue. You have tried to dilute the argument by going off on tangents. I take you back to the original debate and ask you answer two simple questions which were relevant to myself and G4's debate:

1. Did we play good football to watch under Rafa?
    2. Did we have a lot of possession under Rafa?

The answer to both for me is no. In terms of possession that is a fact. In terms of being good to watch that is subjective so there is no right or wrong. However its generally accepted we were poor to watch under Rafa. Bruce we agree we've not had much possession and the football has been poor to watch.

The big question is can you answer those questions honestly. I don't want any of your bullshit or bluster, yes or no to both.

Welshie likes this.
  13. Dr Van Helsing

I'm moving on mate thanks for the debate

14. Warmir Pouchov

I love it when someone has to slink off with their tail between their legs <laugh>

Welshie likes this.
  15. Dr Van Helsing

No mate I just think you'll keep going around in circles rather than just say yes I can see I was wrong to question your factual statement.

It's been fun mate

16. Warmir Pouchov

Nah you still haven't managed to answer the two simple questions. We all know why don't worry <ok> Silence is an answer in itself sometimes.

Welshie likes this.
  17. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

I don't want anyone at all like Bruce or Rafa in the job.

No **** show cheap option and no former trophy winning has been.

Just get me someone young and adventurous.

Scott Parker is lowkey a very good coach by the way, Fulham have probably the worst squad in the league and they're competing.

18. Dr Van Helsing

I honestly think Fulham will win tomorrow they've actually got a number of players that are better than ours and they can play proper football.

19. Dr Van Helsing

Bruce on football focus trying to play up the old media narrative that we expect to win the league.... Said he's good but not that good

Seriously what's he good at? He's done nothing anywhere really.. I feel sorry for him because there's nothing he can do the fans hate him and that's not going to change...

20. Dr Van Helsing

Well Bruce gets another result when he needed it.

I notice people suggesting he should be sacked, but there is no chance of that.. He's not even in any remote danger of it.

It's a results game, he's getting results and in a good position as far as his employer is concerned.

I cannot stand the bloke anymore, but let's keep it real he's doing well points wise.