1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Steve Bruce in not talking bollocks shock

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Ben 10, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Rudekid

Rudekid Well-Known Member

Have you ever changed jobs?

2. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Im not one for rumours but I heard he left a school once and left them without a single math teacher

They were closed by ofsted

Not a nice guy

But im not one for rumours

haslam and Munson. like this.
  3. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I have no idea on either. To be honest none of us do unless we have some sort of personal relationship with them. Based on meeting him and the way he has carried himself publicly over the years, he seems like a decent fella. Could be kicking seven bells out his missus on a nighttime for all I know.

People go on about how great a bloke Peter Beardsley was (or they used to). But my experience of him was somewhat different when his kid was playing on a pitch next to where my Sunday team was playing in Ponteland. He was going on like an arsehole, and the abuse he was giving the ref was a disgrace. Then years later he gets done for racism. I think people think they know the character of these people better than they actually do.

Certainly loyalty in football died many moons ago, so anyone using that as a barometer as whether someone is a **** is pretty close to moronic <laugh> They're all ****s once a cheque gets waved under their nose. Nature of the beast. It also makes me laugh because if someone gets offered a better work environment, more money, etc etc in any occupation, 99% of the time they take it. It is absolutely no different for them and holding them to different standards is more a problem for the person making that assertion.

4. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

They gave him a month holiday before he'd done a days work then he ****s them off months later

Bit ****ty

haslam, Munson. and Flash like this.
  5. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

A fair few Bruce cock suckers out in force today. <laugh>

Oh and @Welshie it's princess not diva :emoticon-0135-makeu

Munson. likes this.
  6. Welshie

please log in to view this image

7. Warmir Pouchov

I'm not a formations man, people get too hung up on it. However we have moved towards having a back four with the changes in personnel. So I don't think it would be particularly sensible to revert to that, when we've moved on the one better at playing it (Lejeune). So I think we go 4231 and concentrate more on the style we operate. I'd like to see a modern high press, with a focus on retaining possession. Almiron is crying out for this.

I think at present looking at it I'd go with the following. I'm chancing that Schar is over his troubles from last season when he looked like he wasn't trying - simply because Lascelles looks stiff as a board and unfit. I'm not one of these who jumps on his current poor form to say he's complete ****e. Clearly that is not the case because Rafa liked him a lot and knows a thing or two about defending, and he has plenty of excellent spells for us. Our defence has been our best aspect, and he has been there throughout. However we can't ignore his trouble against Brighton, the lad isn't fit. Its the same after an injury, he takes 6 games to get up to speed. Well he can do that with the U23's and then fight for his place. Obviously young Lewis had an absolute shocker the other day, but we need to accept that with younger players:

Dubravka

Manquillo
    Fernandes
    Schar
    Lewis

S Longstaff (Matty if he was fit - Sean still needs to do more in terms of retaining the ball)
    Hendricks

ASM
    Almiron
    Joelinton (Fraser when he gets up to speed but he has to be way off having not been at a club or kicked a ball in anger since March)

Wilson

Basically lets get moving for the first time in 4 years and start actually pressing the ****ing ball like we actually want it. That team will concede goals but it will also score goals and amass the points required. Several ways to skin a cat. I feel a bit bad for Hayden because I can't fault his effort. But we need better quality on the ball and we need central guys are who going to get about. Or you're forever locked into defensive counter. Again Longstaff is more the absence of his brother who I think is the better player. I accept Joelinton has been incredibly poor and doesn't look much, but I'd be interested to see how he does in his natural role.

Set up and style wise I am comfortable watching a variety of different styles. Nothing against Rafa because he did a good job for us and got what Mike wanted, but I have now had my fill of defensive football. I'd rather go down than be bored to death anymore. I accept to some that PL is be all end all, but it isn't for me.

8. Welshie

Good ****ing lord

Munson. and Warmir Pouchov like this.
  9. Warmir Pouchov

He did ask <laugh>

Or is it just the inclusion of Big Joe until Fraser is fit <laugh><laugh>

Or the inclusion of Longstaff because I don't think Shelvey or Hayden can play anything other than the Rafa way <laugh><laugh><laugh>

10. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

I'm pretty much on the same lines, but I'd have Schar in midfield instead of SLongstaff - he's considerably better on the ball, can move forward and can shoot. Then either one of Lascelles or Clark at the back. Be tempted by Clark because he's a left footer and dependable. We probably need that with such youth on the flanks.

The main purpose is to move it quickly and play between lines. Those three attackers should be able to interchange and if Joe can't sort his **** out with a few games there, we already have his replacement. I'd keep SLongstaff as a 10, MLongstaff as backup for the two CM's.

To be honest, barring the stupid favouritism that will kick in, it's hard to argue that isn't the best we can put out. I wonder how many games before we see it. I reckon at least 20.

Judge Death likes this.

11. Rudekid

tenor (1).gif

12. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

What's wrong with being a ****?

Asking for a friend (Pouchy)

Delusional Full Stop likes this.
  13. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

To be fair I would be like that if my wife thought sex with chippy was better than with me

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    Albert's Chip Shop likes this.
  14. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yeh - look at Chippy.

15. Roland Deschain

Bruce must’ve read this thread, quickly reverting to type in the build up to tonight.

He puts more emphasis on training ground banter than he does on tactics and style of play.

16. Rudekid

He's blaming banter now?

17. Roland Deschain

Was talking about Ritchie's shoulder injury and saying how he'll be missed around the training ground. Not in the team, of course, matchday isn't as important as good bacon, decent biscuits and a fish supper after the Darsley kickabout.